jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What’s A Good Substitute for Toss Salads?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image83
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

What’s A Good Substitute for Toss Salads?

I have found some really terrific menus for healthy eating (I have GERD.) However, it seems that at every dinner it recommends having a toss salad. I have gotten to the point where those types of salads don’t do well in my stomach (especially with the tomato, cucumber or lettuce involvements.) What I need is a nutritious substitute. I already have steamed green beans and broccoli on the menu. Any suggestions?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12524042_f260.jpg

2. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

I have found that zucchinni, yellow squash, radishes, broccoli coleslaw, red cabbage, seeds, and nuts make great tasting, hearty salads. Different combinations of these vegetables make nice side dishes, sprinkled with salad dressings, red wine vinegar, dry seasonings, and olive oil. Be creative without having to use lettuce. Strawberries added to these combinations are great substitutes for tomatoes.

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Those are some really great alternatives! I am really enjoying "eating healthy" and this is right on course.

3. profile image0
    REKHA8687posted 2 years ago

I usually substitute salads with sprouts or boiled different color beans, only sprinkle with black salt and lemon juice. Believe me, it really taste well and due to lemon juice it come out very easy for digestion. you can even add onions, radish, boiled root beats in that, that increase the taste.

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks ... that also sounds very promising!

4. profile image0
    Diana Abrahamsonposted 19 months ago

Fruit based salads can be a wonderful change for summer. Sweet melon, olives and ham go so well together too!

Jacqueline4390posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, that sounds delicious!

working