jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you do when you need to cook dinner but don't have much time?

1. Tjphilz5 profile image72
    Tjphilz5posted 2 years ago

What do you do when you need to cook dinner but don't have much time?

2. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 2 years ago

That depends on what I have on hand, but if all else fails an omelet usually works.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

We usually keep mac and cheese on hand for such situations...

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

I cook anything involving ground beef. I can cook a pound of it in 5 minutes. I can also make hamburgers, hamburger steak, chili, hot dogs, cube steak, quick spaghetti (store sauce with added ground beef and veggies), and a few other basic things in 15 minutes. Lots of meals can be made quickly.

5. IslandBites profile image87
    IslandBitesposted 2 years ago

Pasta, boneless chicken, stir fry, etc. Lot of options.

6. cathylynn99 profile image76
    cathylynn99posted 2 years ago

i boil some whole wheat rotini while heating heart healthy bottled sauce in the microwave and sauteing some pre-sliced mushrooms in olive oil. i open a bagged salad, which we eat with commercial ranch dressing while the pasta drains. i rinse the salad bowl and add pasta, then sauce, then mushrooms, then pre-grated part-skim mozarella.

7. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

I agree with Island Bites, make some fast and simple. There are lost of options to choose from.

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

One stew that could feed 6 hungru stomach. Chicken and ginger stew or chicken curry with potatoes always work out fine with no time to cook dinner

9. yxtop profile image75
    yxtopposted 2 years ago

* Toast with mashed up avocado, salt and pepper *always* works. If you have a bit of pancetta to fry and add to it, even better
    * Bread, butter/cream cheese, prosciutto.
    * I always keep portion-sized ziploc bags of cooked rice in the freezer. I fry some eggs, add the rice, add soy sauce and frozen peas, and that's a meal in 5 minutes
    * Similarly, ramen noodles made into stir fry, with soy sauce, egg, and fresh broccoli, is always quick and filling
    * Quesadillas in any shape or form
    * Sautee some onions in butter with flour and salt and pepper, add frozen spinach and a bit of water; when it starts boiling, turn off the heat and add sour cream. Serve with poached or sunny-side-up eggs