What do you do when you need to cook dinner but don't have much time?
That depends on what I have on hand, but if all else fails an omelet usually works.
We usually keep mac and cheese on hand for such situations...
I cook anything involving ground beef. I can cook a pound of it in 5 minutes. I can also make hamburgers, hamburger steak, chili, hot dogs, cube steak, quick spaghetti (store sauce with added ground beef and veggies), and a few other basic things in 15 minutes. Lots of meals can be made quickly.
i boil some whole wheat rotini while heating heart healthy bottled sauce in the microwave and sauteing some pre-sliced mushrooms in olive oil. i open a bagged salad, which we eat with commercial ranch dressing while the pasta drains. i rinse the salad bowl and add pasta, then sauce, then mushrooms, then pre-grated part-skim mozarella.
I agree with Island Bites, make some fast and simple. There are lost of options to choose from.
One stew that could feed 6 hungru stomach. Chicken and ginger stew or chicken curry with potatoes always work out fine with no time to cook dinner
* Toast with mashed up avocado, salt and pepper *always* works. If you have a bit of pancetta to fry and add to it, even better
* Bread, butter/cream cheese, prosciutto.
* I always keep portion-sized ziploc bags of cooked rice in the freezer. I fry some eggs, add the rice, add soy sauce and frozen peas, and that's a meal in 5 minutes
* Similarly, ramen noodles made into stir fry, with soy sauce, egg, and fresh broccoli, is always quick and filling
* Quesadillas in any shape or form
* Sautee some onions in butter with flour and salt and pepper, add frozen spinach and a bit of water; when it starts boiling, turn off the heat and add sour cream. Serve with poached or sunny-side-up eggs
by Home Girl6 years ago
I was thinking, is it possible to cook a nice dinner in 15 minutes? Not a TV-dinner, something real, that needs preparation, not reheating. Any ideas? I am so tired of spending my late evenings in the kitchen, but I...
by Melanie Chisnall4 years ago
What do you normally eat for Sunday night dinner?I remember my Mom making my brother and I French toast or toasted sandwiches for supper on Sunday nights. She said it was the one night she got to relax and not worry...
by brenda12lynette4 months ago
How do you motivate yourself to cook after a hard day at work?My job isn't even that difficult and there are days I come home with no motivation to cook. I know anything I make will taste better than carry out or frozen...
by Ryan Hupfer2 years ago
What are easy and cheap dinners that a single guy can make at home?
by flacoinohio6 years ago
If I were to buy half of a cow, what kinds of meat cuts will I get and how much will it cost?
by Connie Smith5 years ago
It was bad when we found out recently that McDonald's, Taco Bell and Burger King had "pink slime in their food. Still, it only affected me a little since I rarely eat fast food. I was pretty ticked,...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.