jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How do you store Banana fruits for more than 2 days?

1. Venkatachari M profile image54
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

How do you store Banana fruits for more than 2 days?

I am fed up with it. We can't store them in a fridge. And keeping outside also does not work. They get black and begin rotting within 2 days. I have to buy only 6 to 8 each time. That is our 2 days consumption. If I buy more, I have to throw them as become damaged and rotten.

2. Availiasvision profile image82
    Availiasvisionposted 2 years ago

I can't eat bananas once start to get mushy and get brown spots. I like mine partily green and firm.

When they start to go bad, I freeze them and use them in smoothies. Then I don't have to throw away the ones I don't want to eat.

Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good idea to use them in smoothies.

3. thumbi7 profile image65
    thumbi7posted 2 years ago

I usually buy one bunch. Not fully ripe ones. I look for firm ones. half of them will be washed and dried and kept in polythene bags inside the fridge. My fridge has a compartment for fruits; the fruits are not easily spoiled if kept there.
    The other half we start eating.
    So we can consume almost all of them.
    Hardly anything gets spoiled

Thanks for the comment. But, whenever I keep them in fridge, they turn black the next day itself. So, I do not keep in fridge.

4. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 2 years ago

You might want to try to keep them in a darker place (as supposed to in direct Sun-light) and perhaps You can buy them a little less ripen.
    Good Luck! : )

Venkatachari Mposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Sorry, I have seen this reply only today. Your advice is a good one. I follow this from today. Thanks.

5. Genna East profile image92
    Genna Eastposted 2 years ago

I buy them green, so it takes a couple of days for them to ripen fully.  Otherwise, they will turn very quickly and we won't have time to enjoy all of them.  I wish I knew how to keep them longer.

Looks a good idea, to buy green. I should try this one.

6. profile image0
    MsLowrieposted 18 months ago

Is that even possible - storing bananas for more than 2 days? All it takes s fr my (adult) son to pay me a visit shortly after I've bought a bunch, and BOOM! The bananas are gone.

Venkatachari Mposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Sometimes it happens with me also. But, nowadays, he seems has lost his interest in fruits.

working