jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What flavors best combine when making smoothies?

1. Athlyn Green profile image95
    Athlyn Greenposted 5 years ago

What flavors best combine when making smoothies?

2. Midlife Magic profile image65
    Midlife Magicposted 5 years ago

I love the way Banana makes a smoothie smoother and thicker.  But I love the berry flavours of blueberry and raspberry.  I have also slimmed down my smoothie recipe by adding only half a banana, and 1/2 cup of orange juice with 1/2 cup of water.  It lets the berry flavours come through and tastes less sweet!

This is my link in case anyone wants the full recipe. http://midlifemagic.hubpages.com/hub/An … t-Smoothie

3. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

I also find bananas to be a nice base for smoothies. Avocado sounds like a strange ingredient, but you won't taste it and the smoothie will become even silkier and turn a nice shade of green. One of my favorite smoothies is: one banana, half an avocado, half an orange and a handful of blueberries. yum!

4. Djaak profile image37
    Djaakposted 5 years ago

I like making smoothies with bananas as a base and strawberries for the great flavors. This is my all time favorite smoothie.

5. glorgeousmom profile image81
    glorgeousmomposted 5 years ago

I like the combination of ripe mangoes and bananas, papaya and banana, mango and papaya; banana, mango and papaya.

6. TheKatsMeow profile image89
    TheKatsMeowposted 5 years ago

I like bananas with strawberries. Or strawberries with kiwi. I find those 2 blend really well together.

7. Alannah Marks profile image59
    Alannah Marksposted 5 years ago

I used to work part time at a smoothie shop myself. More popular combinations were sweet tropical fruits, such as banana and mango or pineapple and yogurt. MY personal favorites are the milder flavors, like banana and yogurt. A cool idea for a smoothie would be sweet and salty maybe? Perhaps making a granola/cashew/yogurty/mango thing. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it would taste really good~

8. Turtlewoman profile image96
    Turtlewomanposted 5 years ago

I always add a sweeter fruit like mangos or bananas with a citrus fruit to balance out the flavors. Smoothies are pretty easy to make. I usually just use whatever is in season!
    I also sneak in some spinach or kale. Believe me, you can't even taste the greens with all the sweet fruits to mask it.

9. Time2Spare profile image60
    Time2Spareposted 5 years ago

I love the combinations banana and mango or pineapple and yogurt.

working