jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is there a big difference between Chinese and Japanese green tea?

1. seocompanyhaven profile image54
    seocompanyhavenposted 6 years ago

I would like to know, Is there a big difference between Chinese and Japanese green tea?
    Which one is better and why?

1. profile image54
      Seethingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you can always tell chinese tea by the junk floating in it.....

2. Melis Ann profile image94
      Melis Annposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Chinese green tea contains higher levels of fluoride compared to Japanese tea due to environmental differences in soil, etc. Unfortunately, I live in a community that fluoridates the water supply so I find other ways to limit fluoride exposure.

2. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

Japanese green tea halts the oxidation process by using steam, while Chinese green tea does so by pan frying.

Because of that, Japanese green tea has a brighter green color and a more grassy/herbaceous taste, while Chinese tea is bit more yellow/golden with a more toasted-like flavor.

Health benefits are similar, so it's just a matter of taste.

1. seocompanyhaven profile image54
      seocompanyhavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for reply

if health benefits are similar, why Japanese is more expensive?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

they are not for mass production unlike the China type of green tea. China supplies and exports more than Japan in terms of green tea.

Japanese green tea is of the highest grade but their tastes are almost the same with the Chinese green tea.

2. livelonger profile image89
        livelongerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Country of origin, probably. Why is Swiss chocolate more expensive than Venezuelan chocolate?

3. fbliangcha profile image59
    fbliangchaposted 6 years ago

for your information they do mass production in japan too

4. teaperspective profile image60
    teaperspectiveposted 2 years ago

Thanks a lot for this write-up, I shared it with a friend who was asking me about the differences between Chinese and Japanese tea a couple of days ago. They said it was a huge help.

Question for user Seething or anyone else, what "junk" have you found floating in your Chinese green tea? I'm not familiar with this.

working