jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do you like Moroccan food ?

1. moroccanlady profile image59
    moroccanladyposted 5 years ago

I know you do, but how much do you love it ? smile

I just joined and I posted two authentic Moroccan recipes... I'm a Moroccan woman in Canada. I know there's a lot of people out there posting Moroccan recipes, but most of them aren't Moroccan natives.

If you want to check out my recipes click on my profile, and I'll be posting more.

Cheers everyone!

2. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

My son gave me a Moroccan cookbook a year-and-a-half ago, and we have loved trying the recipes! At the moment I couldn't tell you the names of any of them, but one that we especially love is some little triangles of phyllo dough filled with a shrimp mixture and then fried.  There's a powdered sugar/cinnamon/cayenne mixture that gets sprinkled on it for serving.  We love those!

Near our home, there is a specialty grocery that sells ingredients and foodstuffs from many places in the world. I was able to purchase some rosewater and orange blossom water there, but have never been able to find preserved lemons. So far I haven't convinced myself that I should try preserving them myself!

I'll definitely check out your recipe Hubs when I can.

moroccanladyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

little triangles of phyllo dough filled with a shrimp mixture and then fried. those are called BRIOUATES/BRIWAT smile you can also have them with meat, or chicken!  The round version of the stuffed phyllo  is the one that gets sprinked with powder sugar, called BASTILA smile

you know a lot already, that's great lady!
      follow me here(not sure if that's how this works, i just signed up yesterday haha)
      but i also have a facebook new page facebook.com/moroccanladycuisine

Maa salama (bye bye:)

3. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 5 years ago

Yes, yes , yes, I love Moroccan food!  Living in France dining out can be a bit bland.  I love the depth of flavour in Moroccan dishes and although they aren't particularly hot here in Brittany, they satisfy my need for the exotic.  I shall look at your recipes with interest.  (Welcome to Hub Pages by the way. smile )

moroccanladyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thaaanks Kathryn! Shukran as we say smile

well you guys need to follow me now, i have 0 follower sad wouaaaaa smile)

have a lovely day!

1. profile image0
        Kathryn LJposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In order for your rating score to go up, you need to produce longer hubs.  They don't have to be really long but longer than a blog.  Just have a look at what other people , (with the high scores) are doing and Bob's your Uncle.  In the mean time I have become a follower to get you started smile

working