- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Homemade Apricot Sorbet
Ripe apricots are some of summer's finest fruits. They're soft, sweet and swollen with coral-hued juice. Don't bake it out in a pie; capture the fresh taste of apricots in homemade apricot sorbet.
This simple sorbet recipe requires only three ingredients and only a minimum of effort. One batch makes a scant quart of sorbet, and that's enough for several small servings. (The recipe can be doubled if your ice cream maker is large enough.)
Scoops of homemade apricot sorbet make a refreshing dessert on an early summer evening. The vibrant color of the sorbet matches the shades of the summer sunset.
- 5 whole, ripe apricots
- 1/3 cup of sugar (adjust this amount depending on how ripe the apricots are; you may need more)
- 2/3 cup of water
- Knife and cutting surface
- Measuring cups
- Ice cream maker
What To Do
- Halve the apricots, remove the pits, and cut the apricots into chunks. It's okay to leave the skin on.
- Pour the sugar and water into the blender. Add the apricots.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly. The mixture should be frothy. There shouldn't be any noticeable flecks of apricot skin left.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the machine's directions. With a small gel canister ice cream maker, the mixture will freeze into apricot sorbet about 30 minutes.
- Serve and eat the sorbet immediately.
- Freeze any leftovers, but note that sorbet will harden and become difficult to scoop after too long in the freezer.
- Honeyed sorbet: Try substituting honey for some of the sugar in this apricot sorbet recipe.
More Homemade Sorbet Flavors To Try
- Homemade Watermelon Sorbet
Few foods convey summer simplicity better than watermelon. Even when watermelon is dressed up as a sorbet, it demands little fuss and little company.
- Homemade Grapefruit Sorbet
The subdued sweetness of grapefruit sorbet is well matched by the pale pink color of each icy serving. If you'd love to try a dessert that mixes tangy and bitter flavors, this is it.
- Homemade Cranberry Sorbet
Homemade cranberry sorbet comes out in a bright red hue with a hint of cheery hot pink. The tart and tangy taste of cranberry makes this sorbet an unusual summer treat.
- How To Make Kiwi Lime Sorbet
Kiwi fruit makes an unusual, but tasty, sorbet ingredient. This sorbet recipe combines ripe kiwi fruit and fresh lime juice into a unique, homemade frozen dessert.
- How To Make Blueberry Sorbet
Freeze blueberries and bananas together in a homemade sorbet, and the result is a sweet, smooth scoop in the prettiest shade of pale lavender.
- Homemade Honey Peach Sorbet
Nothing is more summery than fresh peaches, and nothing is more welcome on a hot, sultry day than a bowl of homemade honey peach sorbet.
- How to Make Homemade Mango Sorbet
Mango sorbet is amazingly quick and easy to make at home. Only three ingredients. Only three steps: Blend, freeze and eat.
- How To Make Homemade Raspberry Sorbet
Looking for the perfect summer dessert? Fresh raspberry sorbet is quick and easy to make at home, and it's also delicious.
- How To Make Strawberry Sorbet
Making strawberry sorbet is surprisingly quick and easy, and the homemade product tastes of summer simplicity and sweet, strawberry goodness. All that's required: berries, sugar, water, citrus juice and an ice cream maker.