- Food and Cooking
Mushroom Pot Pie With Amaranth & Chia Crust (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
This baby bella mushroom pie will keep you looking just that. No "pot bellies" here! Mushrooms, shallots, carrots, peas in a creamy low-carb/cal sauce of almond milk, earth balance and amaranth flour. And the secret's in the sauce-ancient chinese secret, that is: chinese five spice. The top secret is amaranth flour and chia for a warm, sweet and nutty finishing touch.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Yields: 1-2
- 1 tablespoon soy free earth balance spread
- 1 small shallot
- 2 medium carrots cooked
- 1/2 cup minced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1 tablespoons chia gel
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tbsp truvia
- For Filling: Saute' mushrooms, shallot and carrots in 1 tbsp earthbalance.
- Add broth, 2 tablespoons almond milk, 1 tbsp truvia, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tbsp chinese five spice, 1/2 tsp herbs de provence and 2 tbsp amaranth flour.
- Crust: mix 6 tbsp amaranth flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp truvia, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp chia gel and 2 tbsp almond milk.
- Roll out dough with hands into a rustic circle and prick with fork.
- Pour fillling into oven safe bowl and mix in peas before placing crust on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This Is How It's Done! XO
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.