- Food and Cooking
Parsnip Gnocchi with Lemon Sauce (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Lunch or Dinner in a snap!
A refreshing way to enjoy an Italian favorite and sneak in some more veggies! I incorporated parsnips into the gnocchi dough to maximize the nutrition and minimize carbs. The lemon sauce was a snap since I already had a jar of my homemade lemon curd in the refrigerator. I made the gnocchi ahead of time and it freezes well. It took me only five minutes to boil them and warm the lemon sauce in the microwave. Who needs lean cuisine when tasty nutrition is a snap!
Great Stuff on Amazon
Prep Time: 10
Total Time: 30
- 2 parsnips cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup chick pea flour
- 3/4 cup teff flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon curd
- 1 teaspoon almond milk
- mix everything but the lemon curd and almond milk in a bowl.
- Score the dough into four parts and roll each into a log on a floured baking sheet.
- Cut each log into many 1 inch pieces and score with a fork so that sauce sticks to gnocchi.
- Let gnocchi cool in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Cook gnocchi in gently boiling water for five minutes or until they float to the top.
- Place the lemon curd and almond milk in the microwave for 30 seconds and then drizzle over the gnocchi.
- (Click Here)> For the Lemon Curd Recipe
A good sauce or spread for sweet or savory dishes!
This Is How It's Done! XO
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
What's your fave sauce with this dish?