West African Vegetarian Vegetable Stew
Easy One Pot Meal
West African Vegetarian Vegtable Stew.
When I first came across this one pot recipe made with sweet potatoes, I knew I wanted to try it.
The original recipe called for a few other ingredients and used chicken stock, so I had to make a few changes.
I like that it's really easy and can be made in one dish, making clean up a snap. Serve it alone or with rice, cous cous or noodles. A great dish for entertaining or any time.
Image by Campbells
Copyrighted Material by Favored1. Do not copy. Photo credit byFavored1 or Amazon unless otherwise noted. This artwork is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
Poll: Are stews for you?
Do you like stews.
One of my favorite cookbooks. The original recipe for this stew can be found here.
Campbell's Recpe Collection Cookbook - More than 400 recipes
This is one of the cookbooks I own. You'll find hundreds of great recipes like this one that fits your budget and taste.
I made this for dinner tonight. It is delicious! Slightly spicy and slightly sweet. I made some substitutions... currants instead of raisins and kale instead of spinach... but still, very good. Thanks for the recipe!
Kitchen Equipment Needed
You will need:
12 inch skillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large sliced onions (2 cups)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato chopped (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 14 oz. of vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can low salt Garbonzo beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in raisins, cinnamon, pepper, broth and heat until it boils. Turn down heat to low setting. Cover and cook for additional 15 minutes.
- Stir in garbanzo beans, spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Can be served over cooked rice or noodles.
Vegetarian Stews - HEAL - Healthy Eating and Active Living
One Pot Serve Up Vegetarian Stew
Slow Cooker Curried Vegetable Stew
Ceramic Soup & Cracker Bowls
Crock Soup Bowls
If you have made this stew, please let me know
how you liked it or if you made any changes our
readers might like to try.
Duslan (a visitor) tried it and added pinto beans
instead of garbonzo beans.
Please Rate this Recipe
5 Star Vegetarian Stew Recipes on the Web
© 2013 Fay Favored