What is your forecast for the Celtics-Lakers Finals?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (34 posts)
  1. J@ps profile image56
    J@psposted 13 years ago

Who's going to step up?
    Who wants it more?
    What are the matchups to watch out for?
    Who's going to win?

1. Walkster profile image59
      Walksterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Celtics are going to win this series but they are gonna have to do it in 6 cause they know the lakers won't let them win game 7 in La! The Celtics are playing better defense and have better team balance. As far as matchups the only one to be concerned about is who will guard Kobe Bryant. Rondo is playing the best ball of his career and he will give the lakers problems. The  Lakers disposed of the suns because the suns were too small inside but they won't be able to do that with the celtics. It's gonna be a great series!

2. kcreery profile image60
      kcreeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Will Bynum be heathly enough to hold off KG and Kendrick Perkins?  Pau Gasol doesn't seem to be too much tougher than last year.  Go Celtics!!

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

seeing as how the celtics didn't sweep the magic like they should've AND remain perfectly healthy enough to face the lakers.  I'm going to say lakers in 6 games.  I think it'll be a close series, but I don't think the celtics are healthy enough now to face the lakers.  before anyone here mentions how banged up kobe is, my response to that is this....
    I think he ALWAYS FAKES these alleged injuries if you ask me.  Don't get me wrong, i would never openly call a person a liar without any proof to back it up, but it seems like every time espn or some other sports network mentions a problem with kobe's knees and fingers for the past say....FOUR YEARS...but he's always able to score just fine in the playoffs.  it never seems to bother him. therefore, until i see kobe in a full body cast or he's damn near dead, then I doubt seriously any ALLEGED INJURIES he has is going to impact his performance.  if injuries do play a factor it'll be more towards whether or not boston can pull it together.  if they're healthy, they can beat the lakers.  if not and/or they're big four now (rondo, pierce, garnett, allen) is limited in any way, then they're going to lose.  period.

1. J@ps profile image56
      J@psposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good points.

Indeed I see a close series and a lot of the game really tight. Either that or are blow outs.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

it will be good seeing the two teams again, I think the Celtics are well rested and should grab Game 1, but Kobe knows when to bring it on --

In the end I have a feeling Celtics will win!, they are more hungrier for the title again! And their coach is simply inspiring

4. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

Lakers in seven ! Kobe is without a doubt the player you want in the end of the game with the ball. The Suns were all over him and he still made the shots when they mattered. No one in the league does it better !

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Tony, good morning, Kobe is just great and he really did great last night, at the right time!

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good morning Maita. How ya doin Sweetie ? I gotta admit this is gonna be one tough series. I can hardly wait !

Yes will ne joining you virtually with a heineken everytime you watched, I will be rooting for Celtics and you Lakers so that it will be fun, the Celtics should win as they getting older hehehe

5. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Lakers in 6. Don't ask me why, I just feel it big_smile.

hey emie, how are you?

6. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

look for paul pierce to charge and do up and downs and nerver get called for it like he as all through the playoffs!!! The celtics arent well rested they had a hard series with orlando and kendrick perkins looks dead, i still want him to push around gasol smile. I tjink it will go 6-7 games and the lakers will win.

Paul Pierce is underrated.

let us see who will win, I just love to watch the series, Perkins or Garnett is big for Gasol, but Gasol is a silent type of center, plus he LOOKS good hehe

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
        optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

pierce is overrated

I like the way he play basketball and I think he is not given the proper credit which is due him

2. Mike Lickteig profile image75
          Mike Lickteigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pierce is older and has slipped a little from age and the wear and tear of the seasons, but he is not overrated.  Pierce is one of the rare NBA players who can play a complete game.  The guy can shoot, drive, rebound and defend.  He is not as athletic as Bryant or LeBron James, but not many guys are. 

Paul Pierce is not overrated at all.

agree with Mike, and I am betting on Celtics ---  Lakers always win  -- smile

2. J@ps profile image56

Yup I agree this would be a 6 or 7 game series.

Good points guys & gals.

7. Mike Lickteig profile image75
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

I'm rooting for the Celtics because Paul Pierce is a Kansas alum.  Perkins vs. Bynum is even, both look washed up at 25 years old (or however old they are...).  Gasol is better than Garnett now, but if Garnett will give up on the fadeway jump shot that takes him out of rebounding position and go back inside, they could have a nice duel going in the paint. 

The key to the series will be what Paul Pierce can do against Ron Artest.  Both have slipped some due to age, but have recently found a new life as the get closer to a title.  Nobody could guard Pierce is 2008, but now Artest might be the difference between winning and losing.

Ray Allen is good enough to make Bryant work for his points, but not good enough to stop him from getting them.  Look for Pierce to guard Bryant for awhile.  If Rajon Rondo is healthy he will destroy an aging Dereck Fisher, but Fisher will get some points back with outside shooting.

Lamar Odom is better now than Rasheed Wallace, but perhaps Wallace plus Big Baby is enough to battle the Lakers.

Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown versus Tony Allen, Nate Robinson are about even.

Series will boil down to whether the Celtics can turn back the clock for one more series.  If they play old, Lakers will win.  If they still have some spring in their step, Boston will prevail.

1. J@ps profile image56

I agree, to me this is will be a close series, with some games being settled at the final few minutes and the rest blow outs.

You fail to say that Kobe will also probably have to guard Rondo like he did with Westbrook, and that could also be a key to the Lakers or the Celtics winning one or two games.

8. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

Paul Pierce is vastly underrated and one of the few people that can actually guard Bryant.

I believe the series will come down to Bynum being able to play and the Celtics Bigs clogging up the middle.

Ray Allen is a huge match up problem for Derek Fisher.

I'm going to go with the Celtics if they can get a split in either of the first two games.  I don't see LA winning in Boston.  If they can't get a split in the first 2 then it's over for them.

9. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

allen is a much pett match up with bryant. Pierce has poor defence, hes a decent 3point shooter and a good perimiter shooter

10. kingis profile image69
    kingisposted 13 years ago

I am not much of an NBA fan but if I had to choose, I rather see the Lakers win.

1. J@ps profile image56

I agree, makes for a good plot for a third match up next year or the next.

11. nickg480 profile image62
    nickg480posted 13 years ago

Lakers in 6, I feel that the lakers have to much firepower for the hurting celtics to hold on. I do see that the celtics are playing great basketball right now and I feel that they will put up a good fight, but i think that Kobe and lakers will prove who the real team is.

I was really hoping for a suns-magic final, I am tired of this lakers-celtics bs every year

GO WARRIORS

1. J@ps profile image56

I feel the same way, although I think this series is a toss-up with the Lakers having the slight edge, especially home court and all.

1. J@ps profile image56

Thanks all!

And it appears I was right.

12. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Word on the street is that Kobe wants to date around this summer, so he'll want to make more money from sponsors in order to buy some more 'fogive me' diamonds for his lady wife.

That being said, Lakers in 6 games

13. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

Lakers this time around. Lakers with Ron Artest are far better than the 2007 Celtics with Nate Robinson. So this year might be another Lakers year.

14. Play Free Games profile image55
    Play Free Gamesposted 13 years ago

Lakers in 7

15. dario415 profile image58
    dario415posted 13 years ago

LAKERS SWEEP

16. Canklefish profile image80
    Canklefishposted 13 years ago

I think the Lakers will win it in 7 games...

1. Mike Lickteig profile image75
      Mike Lickteigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  In fact, I would put money on it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)