one week away

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

well one week from today i will hit a milestone in life. i will be 25 years young. though over the years i have always put others first and rarely ever been given anything in return. this year however i'm putting my birthday wish on the web as it seems the ones i love are once again incapable of doing anything for me. there are many people in this world that inspire me and i would like to meet just one of them for my birthday.

garth brooks inspires my musical talent.
    dean koontz inspires my writing.
    steven kellogg inspires my drawing efforts.
    queen latifah inspires me to be myself.
    yasmine bleeth inspires me to over come my problems.
    j.k. rowling inspires me to keep trying.
    brett favre inspires me to never feel old.
    colin cunningham inspires my desire to act.
    the pope inspires my desire to believe.
    tabitha king inspires me never to let a mans work over shadow my own.
    ellen degeneres inspires my comedic side.
    julianne michaels inspires me to get in shape.

these are some of the many people that give me so much inspiration too meet anyone of them if even for a minute would give me the greatest and timeless gift of all. no one is doing anything for my birthday but the people listed above have already done more for me than i could ask for. i only hope that one day i get to meet at least one of them to let them know how much they have brought into my life. so that's my wish and if none of you can grant it that's ok. just wanted to let someone know what i want and since none of my loved ones could care i had no choice but to come here. i thank all of you for the chance to voice my thoughts. you have all been great friends. i still can't believe i'm 25 next week.
    have fun and be creative,
    lecie

1. profile image0
      eternaltreasuresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Advance happy birthday! yes true friends are great treasures in life.

2. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

yes, true friends are a treasure to have and for some they search most if not all of their life for such a treasure. i consider myself fortunate to have found such friends here on hubpages.

1. profile image0
      eternaltreasuresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

be careful, there are also here who are not friends to everyone.

1. profile image0
        Lecieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the advice. i have already encountered some of them. but still wouldn't trade my time on hubpages for anyother site.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Happy early birthday Lecie!  Oh to be 25 again....enjoy it.

Regarding your list of people who inspire you.....why not write each of them a letter letting them know how much they inspire you?  I'd be willing to bet that each one of them has a point of contact online that you mail or email a letter to. Who knows, one or more of them may send you a letter back.  Wouldn't that be cool?  Be proactive, don't wait for someone to grant your wishes, make your wishes come true.

4. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

thanks for the advice. i have tried this in the past and either recieved no reply or a letter from the president of the fan club asking me to pay so much to join. maybe things have changed. i guess i will not know until i try.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With the social media craze I think the celebs are trying to stay more accessible to their fans.  I think you have a better shot nowadays.  It can't hurt!

Another thing you can do is to write a hub about each one of them.  You could certainly get noticed by someone associated with them that way too.

5. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

thanks for all of your help kcc. i have already found how to contact dean koontz. the others however are not so easy. i will keep trying and start writing hubs about them this week.

6. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Awesome, Lecie!  I wish you the best of luck and hope they all respond in some form or fashion and make this your best birthday/year EVER!  You never know where this may lead.  I have a good feeling about it.

7. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

i just found out how to contact brett favre, next i'm looking up tabitha king. she is the last one to try finding.so hopefully i will have some more good luck. fingers crossed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)