Advice Needed

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. johnwill65 profile image60
    johnwill65posted 13 years ago

HI I would appreciate some honest feed back on my Hubs.
    My goal is to establish a name for our business selling  my wife's handcrafted jewellery and other items.
    Would like some honest feedback, tips or advice from anyone willing to take the time
    Here are the two Hubs

http://hubpages.com/hub/Name-Pendants

http://hubpages.com/hub/Jenwill-Creations

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Johnwill, both hubs look fine to me, but to market here will mean building the number of readers who have searched the keywords in your hubs from the standard google search.
      I would suggest doing a few months deeply searching for keywords around your industry then adjust your headings to match those keywords. It will take a while, but you have already been here some time and that may help.
      The other thing to do is backlink. Lots of info here on backlinking. If you need help, just holler! smile

johnwill65posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice earnisthub and working out the best key words for what we are selling is a little difficult due to the amount of items we are marketing.  I thought of building Hubs for each different category like i have done with the name pendents but that would mean a lot of hub.  i am also tiring to develop our Business name and credibility

2. LizzyBoo profile image60
      LizzyBooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

the first link to your hub-I think it is very short hub. I would try to make it more informative so your readers can explore the subject more.

I like the design you do in your hubs. That is well done, so I would focus on more words. If your hub is longer it gives you chance to have more keywords to choose from.
      --
      Second link- is nice hub but again to me looks short and fastly written. Again Keywords.

When I am writting a hub/ I am not native english/ I search a lot on internet, gathering info and then thinking of it for a few days. Then the content of your hub will be rich for words.

Finally as I said-Design of your hubs is good!

3. LaMamaLoli profile image60
      LaMamaLoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can get great advice here from other hubbers on SEO and traffic etc which is what you are after. Have you joined facebook under your "brand" name? I have recently done so and searched for people with stores who use facebook, I am finding that its quite a useful community - a lot of them use facebook to communicate with their customers. They seem to be mainly small work from home businesses. Anyway, it would be one way of getting your name out there. Just a thought. Good Luck!

Yes i have a Facebook Page called Jenwill-Creations.
        Thanks LaMamaloli

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Your hubs seem good to me. First one is a bit short on the words count but second one seem good.

Thanks for the advice. I have more to add to both hubs but want to make sure i am on the right track before going ahead.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You seem to be on the right track. Have a look at these best hubs to learn more

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

You may need to use some tools to dig up some hot keywords. smile

4. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

As everyone else said, the first one is too short, but they look pretty good as far as over all layout. I can't speak to how to get clicks or SEO it, but I can toss in advice from a writing and a marketing perspective.

Maybe include something about what makes your jewelry a good choice over all the competitive jewelery out there.  Does her training in the Philippines imbue it with a special quality or technique, are the materials rare or associated with something cool like fortune or wisdom?  ARe the materials brought from somewhere special.  Just anything that can make what might be seen as a commodity clearly something better. 

Also, there are a number of grammatical issues that you'll want to get fixed so that you don't jeopardize credibility.  Since the reader doesn't know your product from any other, grammar issues can be interpreted as a sign of poor workmanship.  Easy to fix though.  big_smile

Thanks Shadesbreath i have already started working on some of your advice.

5. free4india profile image60
    free4indiaposted 13 years ago

If your goal is to make your product famous, then I doubt it is any worth writing more hubs.  You either need to go and find other forums and write this stuff as well or you should find more time in the forums and reply to others.  You can comment on other people's topic.  This is going to get you more traffic.  How far it is worth the time is what I cannot tell.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)