Germany 4 - England 1 after 2nd goal disallowed.. Eng Fail to flatter.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Pearldiver profile image65
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

England are out of the World Cup.
    Along with US - Australia - NZ
    This Young German team are just way too skilful.

1. McHamlet profile image60
      McHamletposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the schadenfreude!

2. michifus profile image56
      michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hung my England shirt out to dry and someone stole the pegs!

2. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

Way to go Germany smile - they were awesome! Totally deserved the victory!!

3. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I was annoyed at how the England team gave up after the second goal was disallowed.

I also want to know what the defence was playing at when it came to germanies third and fourth goals.

I was actually wondering, as I was sat in the Pub, why no Americans supported the England team, and then I thought how few English people support the Americans and kind of gave up, and decided to just concentrate on crying in to my drink.

4. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Awesome match! This young German team is stunning. They reminded me the German Blitzkrieg! smile

5. mrpopo profile image73
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

Yikes, first England gets that disallowed goal (and I think the first German goal was offside), next Mexico gets scored on in an offside position...

Where's the video replay?!?!

1. vanchen profile image68
      vanchenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's ridiculous that they haven't implemented any kind of video replay.  I'd be surprised if in four years there still wasn't any

1. mrpopo profile image73
        mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well FIFA loves to experiment with useless things like another official behind the net... I don't know, with the pressure that they've been receiving recently I hope that they'll finally get the point. It'll probably take a while though.

6. animal-backpacks profile image60
    animal-backpacksposted 13 years ago

We were so poor at yet another tournament it makes me cry.  Until we get to the route of our problems which is our youth development policy things will continue until the day I die. 

I wrote on the pain of supporting the England team for any of those that want to see if you feel the same.  It's always just so painful.

7. samman profile image60
    sammanposted 13 years ago

It was awful that the second goal was disallowed. But the German young team played far better football than the England team and they would have won anyway.

1. mrpopo profile image73
      mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't know that. Had the second goal been allowed, perhaps England would have been motivated to make a comeback. It caused a huge loss of morale when it wasn't called, and the third German goal just sealed the deal.

2. Csanad profile image71
      Csanadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree w/ samman. Although I was supporting England, I have to admit that Germany (if you can call it a "german" team) was much better, and probably win. England's defence was virtually nonexistent, and the strikers were out of form too.
      Its funny that the Premier Leagues is the strongest league in the world, yet England is horrible in international competitions. I heard some expert say, that thats because England plays the force type football, and the nontechnical type. I thinks that is not completly valid reason, more so that these players play so many games on the club level, and are tired and undermotivated in the national team.

8. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

So England got hammered in what has been described as their worst performance ever in a world tournament. I do think the English media are going way over the top to describe the return of the team as "the disgraced footballers". Hardly disgraced. They did well to get as far as they did and the English should be proud of their team, not putting them down for failing to win.

9. hublim profile image67
    hublimposted 13 years ago

The England National team is a victim of the Premiership’s success. The players who have made the league what it is today are not English, how many England players would be in your Best Eleven from the Premiership?

There is a fundamental problem with how youth is developed in the UK in general, something which the rest of the world appears to have addressed in the past decade and is reaping the benefits from now.

There is too great an emphasis on results, even in youth football, when in all honesty it should be about fun, and becoming technically proficient and developing a “creative eye” for the game.

The England team did not display any footballing intelligence and were humiliated by a technically better, more united, and better organised fluid football team.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)