Creating articles for re-publishing

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Ken Devonald profile image60
    Ken Devonaldposted 15 years ago

I'm on a steep learning curve here, and sometimes get the feeling I am heading down totally the wrong track! I am going to waffle a bit to give the background, but the real question boils down to

"I would love to build good quality links to my sites and to the hubpages site from articles that I have written for republication on other sites and in ezines - are there any distribution sites that do not direct traffic back to themselves?"

Now the background: -

I have created two or three web sites which I have been using to display adsense and amazon links, pretty much along the line that hubpages work, but with only a small group of us writing articles. As a means of promoting these sites, I read (and fell for) the suggestion that you can write articles to promote your site, and offer these for publication on other sites and ezines. So I found the ezine articles dot com site, wrote a number of articles and had them picked up by other sites.

But what seems to be happening is that the site I originally published to is getting all the primary hits. We are limited to making one or two links back to our sites in the profile at the bottom of the page, but if you pick up one of our articles you are directed back to the ezine articles site, shown our article, and after you read this you come across our website link. In my naievetie (however you spell it) I assumed that the re-published articles would be linked to our sites, and that ezine articles would be mentioned as a small advert.

As a result, ezine articles are getting first crack of the whip with the advertising, and we get the ten percent of traffic that comes through to our site, losing out on the 90% opportunity of getting clicks.

Having discovered hubpages (funnily enough from someone who was advertising on ezine articles), I think this is a much better business model, as you can pick up visitors from a number of articles, and hubpages are decent enough to pay you some of the advertising.

However, I would love to continue building good quality links to my sites and to the hubpages site from articles that do not take this primary link - does anyone know a site that does publish your articles without taking all the primary traffic?

2. donmaher profile image61
    donmaherposted 15 years ago

Hi Ken, As far as I know that is the nature of the beast. I have looked about and it seems that its a high price to pay but all the best ones act in this manner. Hub seems to be about the best I have seen. Enzines will get you there but the price is "as you say" very costly. If you can find better than this I would greately appreciate a call. Don Maher

Ken Devonaldposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Don, Thanks for the reply. I wondered if that was the situation. I will keep an eye open and let you know if I find anything else. It just seems an obvious way to promote your hublink articles or your own websites.

Wonder how we could change the model so that a site such as ezinearticles would not need to take all the traffic?

Would you be willing to pay twenty, thirty or fifty cents to post your article if you got ALL the traffic from that article, except perhaps for that in a small advert at the bottom of the article which said "article sourced from..."? That must be about the best that the site can expect from the average article, and would probably cover the costs of reviewing articles and maintaining the site. I would certainly consider this form of self publishing a good idea...

How's the fishing going? We are out of our trout season up here, and it is too cold at the moment to want to spend time on the coast... -13 when I left for work last week.

Speak soon!

Ken

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I do not think that this type of sites really exist. If you find some, inform in the forum.
    Jyoti Kothari

4. donmaher profile image61
    donmaherposted 15 years ago

I'll get back Ken. Are you on skype? Great to converse with. Hard day today;.

Ken Devonaldposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Don, not on Skype I'm afraid! I intend getting a few hours fishing over the Christmas break. If nothing else my daughter and dogs will enjoy a few hours by the sea.

Hi Jyoti, I am spending 3 or 4 hours a day on the net or writing websites, and if I find anything of interest I will post here!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)