Will Adsense 'high paying keywords' work??

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Info Bucket profile image63
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

I heard that Adsense will even give $30 for one click if we put high paying keywords in our articles, will this work?? If yes, give me some high paying keywords....

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL! You could have at least said "please"! smile

1. Research Analyst profile image74
        Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ROFL http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Info Bucket, remember that although HubPages is a community, we're also in competition with each other.

If I had success with a high-paying keyword, I certainly wouldn't post it on these forums, because then everyone else would use it too! 

My niches don't have any high-paying keywords sad

The best way to find your own is to use the keyword tool.

3. jasoncox83 profile image60
      jasoncox83posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be very rare, and I would not shoot for ones like that. If I'm not mistaken we earn 61% of what the advertiser paid to display that ad. Remember though there will be very high competition on high paying keywords. I find it better to work with the low to mid paying ones, and just drive more traffic to my work.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Type "google keyword tool" into google and click the first link. Bring up columns and show the CPC.

You can search for average prices. Remember google adsense will only pay you a % of those costs.

Also, it is hard to rank for high paying keywords - because everyone wants the money.

3. Info Bucket profile image63

@ironher - I am sorry for that and I know there's no need of formality among my fellow hubbers, thats why i did so.
    @WryLilt Thanx for your advice, i will check it out.

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

IB, I was joking. smile

FYI, "please" isn't a formality, it's just proper etiquette. I wouldn't even ask my best friend or one of my kids to do something without saying "please". Saying "Do this..." instead of "Please do this..." is considered to be rude.

4. Info Bucket profile image63

I am a rude person...... smile . Ok then, will you please tell me the truth behind 'high paying keywords'??

5. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

The truth is that the highest paying keywords are almost impossible to grab onto and properly promote. The truth is that if someone knows one that ISN'T already the subject of 20 million websites, they won't tell you because they don't want the competition.  And the truth is that what keywords are high paying changes month to month and year to year.

It is difficult to understand.  I think you should figure out how to get traffic before you start trying to get competitive with triple-A keywords.

6. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

You want be getting that amount just by adding those keywords to your already existing hubs. You'll have to make hubs around those.

Mesothelioma, asbestos, mesothelioma lawyers are a few of those high paying keywords.

Trick is to find high paying keywords with a little competition on them.

Info Bucketposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is what i wanna hear.......... thanx.

7. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

The truth behind high paying keywords.

There are high paying keywords, upwards of $30.
    There are also people who bid $0.05 for those keywords.

High quality sites will be the ones that get the advertisements from the high bids.

The competition for these high value keywords is incredibly high.

The good news is that if you build a large high quality site you can often beat the spam sites, and receive higher paying ads for that keyword.

The bad news is that there are many more high quality and spam sites which make it difficult to get enough traffic to get a click.

This often means that it can be more profitable to head for lower paying, but higher traffic and less competition keywords than high value keywords.

8. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 13 years ago

OK, here's a list of 100 high paying adsense keywords.
    Good luck :-)

regards,
    Eric G.

No. High Keywords                            CPC ($)
    1. Purchase Structured Settlements – 53.48
    2. Mesothelioma Lawyers San Diego – 51.47
    3. Secured Loan Calculator – 51.35
    4. Structured Settlement Investments – 50.45
    5. Endowment Selling – 50.35
    6. Mesothelioma Patients – 50.23
    7. Mesothelioma attorney san diego – 50.07
    8. Austin Texas dwi lawyers – 50.03
    9. New York Mesothelioma Lawyers – 50.01
    10. Phoenix dui lawyers – 50.01
    11. Secured Loans – 50.01
    12. Insurance Auto – 50.00
    13. Phoenix dui attorney – 50.00
    14. car free insurance online quote – 50.00
    15. students debt consolidation loans – 49.96
    16. Pennsylvania mesothelioma lawyers – 49.87
    17. data recovery Denver – 49.71
    18. adverse credit remortgages – 49.56
    19. bad credit remortgages – 49.47
    20. data recovery service los angeles – 49.37
    21. Consolidating Students Loan – 49.30
    22. Students Loan Consolidation Rates – 49.17
    23. Boston dui lawyers – 49.02
    24. memphis car insurance – 48.86
    25. conference calling companies – 48.64
    26. dui attornes los angeles – 48.60
    27. georgia car accident lawyers – 48.36
    28. san diego dui defense – 48.32
    29. Phoenix arizona dui lawyers – 48.28
    30. Los angeles dwi attorneys – 48.20
    31. Student Consolidation Loans – 48.15
    32. free quote for car insurance – 48.11
    33. irs tax lawyers – 48.08
    34. nj auto insurance – 48.08
    35. dui san diego – 48.01
    36. Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney – 48.00
    37. Consolidating Private Student Loans – 47.96
    38. Personal Injury Lawyer Chicago – 47.83
    39. Personal Injury Attorney Pennsylvania – 47.82
    40. Auto Insurance – 47.81
    41. Lemon Law California – 47.63
    42. Students loan consolidation interest rates – 47.59
    43. Los Angeles Criminal Attorney – 47.59
    44. Arizona dui Attorney – 47.45
    45. Consolidation Student Loan – 47.44
    46. Structured Settlement Buyers – 47.31
    47. Culinary Schools California – 47.10
    48. Student Consolidation Loan – 47.06
    49. Instant Car Insurance Quote – 47.00
    50. Iva debt help – 46.9051. UK home owner loan – 46.67
    52. endowment policy sales – 46.58
    53. sell structured Insurance settlements – 46.53
    54. College Loan Consolidation – 46.49
    55. dui attorney sacramento – 46.48
    56. car insurance quotes – 46.47
    57. Philadelphia personal injury lawyers – 46.37
    58. Remortgaging – 46.20
    59. irs tax attorney – 46.19
    60. Consolidation Student Loan – 46.18
    61. buyer Structured Settlement – 46.17
    62. california mesotheloma attorney – 46.14
    63. home mortgages for bad credit – 46.02
    64. selling structured settlements – 45.96
    5. phoenix dui lawyers – 45.90
    66. sell structured settlement payments – 45.72
    67. Donate your car – 45.56
    68. Student loan consolidation – 45.46
    69. Consolidate School Loans – 45.45
    70. Injury Lawyers 4 You – 45.44
    71. homeowner consolidation loans – 45.42
    72. Colorado Truck Accident Lawyers – 45.41
    73. Mesothelioma doctor – 45.09
    74. School Loan Consolidation – 45.09
    75. dui attorney San Francisco – 44.95
    76. ny car insurance – 44.83
    77. Mortgage refinance new jersey – 44.77
    78. Structured settlement payments – 44.43
    79. Car Insurance Texas – 44.41
    80. Virginia Car accidents Lawyers – 44.35
    81. Raid Data Recovery Services – 44.33
    82. College loan consolidation – 44.28
    83. compare car insurance rates – 44.14
    84. Break down covers – 44.14
    85. Remortgages Loan – 44.05
    86. Austin Criminal Attorney – 44.14
    87. Car Insurance Quotes online – 44.14
    88. Structured Settlement Consumer Info – 44.14
    89. Arizona dui lawyers – 44.05
    90. eloan mortgage – 43.98
    91. Consolidation of Student Loan – 43.95
    92. Student Loan Consolidation Calculator – 43.94
    93. Injury Lawyers 4 You – 43.94
    94. Managed Hosting Services – 43.93
    95. Bad Credit Home Equity – 43.90
    96. Los Angeles Criminal Attorneys – 43.88
    97. Home improvement loan rates – 43.88
    98. auto insurance in Michigan – 43.79
    99. dwi fort worth – 43.78
    100 Structured Settlement Companies – 43.77

Info Bucketposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanx a lot man!

9. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 13 years ago

Eric - thanks for the valuable information.

Check out my popular get rich quick Hub:

"New York Mesothelioma Lawyers get down and dirty with secured loans used to pay off sexy students debt consolidation loans and data recovery service hotties"

I find slipping a little sex into these valuable keywords always helps to roll in the cash!

10. Fiction Teller profile image59
    Fiction Tellerposted 13 years ago

Rumors of high-paying keywords are rife on the Internet, but they're not really worth as much as folks think.  And not just because the keywords are hard to rank for.

Those very high click values you see in the keyword tool are usually for the search network, not the content network.  Most advertisers will exclude the content network from their bids.  The keyword tool does NOT differentiate them, though, and many people are fooled.

(The content network means pages of content, like a blog or a HubPages article.  The search network means the pages of search engine results.)

So it's very rare to get a really high value click.  Most advertisers do not make high bids for the lower-converting content network.  They do make content network bids, but the bids are separate and much lower.

Plus, if you DO get an unusually high-value click, it's not going to happen often enough to add to your income very much.  Try it.  You'll see.

Your best income will come from the bread-and-butter keywords - those keywords that advertisers bid moderate amounts for.

So you'd do much better financially to:

1) Write about something you know about very well, that is very specific (like a review of brand ABC blue widgets) and NOT general (don't write about widgets in general). 

2) Choose keywords there is little publisher competition for.  The fewer search engine results for your keywords, the better.

3) Choose keywords there is a fair amount of advertiser competition for.

4) Write something in your articles that nobody else is including - something of real unique value to your readers, so you'll get good, targeted traffic and earn over the long term.

So for example, instead of writing about mesothelioma lawyers or structured settlements, which everyone else is writing about and trying futilely to make money at, write about that really cool ayurvedic shampoo that never dries out your hair or the cat bed your cat actually sleeps on, or any other product you've had success with - or even products that didn't work, if you can offer an alternative.

Why is that best?  Because elsewhere in the world are many people who are looking for shampoo that never dries out hair, or cat beds that cats don't reject.  Your problems are not just your problems - they're the problems many people are experiencing and for which people are looking on the Internet to find solutions.  Advertisers for those products are on the Internet now, waiting to find your pages - and if not now, they probably will be eventually.

Don't believe me that it's the humble stuff that makes money? Take advice from someone who knows:  Google's Matt Cutts.  His post about start-up ideas is along the same lines:

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/business-ideas/

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Similarly, low priced keywords have a lower value for content networks. So still the high paying ones are batter than low paying ones in terms of $$ earned per click.

(I am not encouraging or discouraging their use though.)

11. Tracy Ann profile image60
    Tracy Annposted 13 years ago

I am brand new to HubPages. I listed one hub so far to get my feet wet. I am interested, like everyone, to make some decent money writing for HubPages, however I am very confused to what everyone is saying. I'm here a lot of conflicting messages here and wonder if any of you are actually making any money at this besides the measly $40 a month. I have a love of writing and have a lot to learn, however I don't want to waste my time if I cant pay my bills. Who is the expert? How do they do it? Just because you are highest ranking, does that mean they are the highest paid? So many questions....

BTW, I love reading all your hubs here. They are all so fascinating and wonderful.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What measly $40 a month?  There are quite a few newbie Hubbers who'd be delighted with $40 a month!

There is money to be made at HubPages.  Relache pays her rent with her Hubs.  There are several Hubbers making $1,000 a month.  But it takes work.  Unless you're able to work at it full time, there's a good chance it will take you 6 to 9 months to make your first $100. 

All the Hubbers who make a living online are also running their own websites or blogs. Some ran them before joining HP, some (like me) learned the ropes on HP then graduated to their own sites.   I know several people living comfortably on their online income, but they've all worked hard to achieve that and it's taken them at least two or three years to get to that point.

There is a learning curve to making money on HP.  You can write about subjects you love and earn money, but you have to learn the right way to write about them, so people will click on your ads.  If you want to make big money, you need to learn how to write advertising copy instead.

HubPages is a long-term investment. Hubs are like fine wine - they need to mature.  The more they mature the better they earn.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutely right, Marisa!  It takes time to start making money here.  I can vouch for hanging in there and am very pleased with the way my hubs are really starting to bring in the money.

I think many folks want instant gratification and give up too easily.  Having said that, the content you write about has to be something which the internet is not totally saturated with or you will have a tough time breaking through.  Finding a niche is the secret I think!

12. Fiction Teller profile image59
    Fiction Tellerposted 13 years ago

Tracy Ann,

It is confusing.  What makes someone an authority in a brand new field?  And search engine marketing (which is what writing for HubPages is all about) really is a brand new field. 

It's not how much they earn, really.  Even if a writer is earning well, the nature of the business means it could be purely luck. 

I know that sounds strange, but I've seen people (not necessarily at HubPages - I'm talking revenue sharing sites in general) who thought they had a system, but what they really had was one, two, or three lucky articles that took off.

Others got in at the right time and established seniority in their niches before the burst of new revenue share writers entered the scene a year or two ago.

And I've seen people describe their "formula" in detail - formulas that turned out to be short-lived, for whatever reason.

The truth is that there are multiple ways to do it.  There are no single easy answers that work for everyone.  The strategies that work for you depend on your particular history, interests, skills and choices.

Some successful hubbers, for example, swear by backlinking in competitive niches.  Other hubbers (raising hand here) swear by not backlinking but focusing on SEO in low-competition niches.  Each of these strategies has a place.

Plus, this is a field where you're always learning.  It's never static.  There's no one fixed set of "how to" rules for succeeding at HubPages or any rev share site.

In writer lingo...it would be as though a bunch of bestselling writers came and told a bunch of new writers how to become a bestselling author, based on the way they did it.  All have good tips, but nobody's method is for everyone, and luck plays a big part.

So if I were new and starting out, I'd go with the advice that sounds the most reasonable to me, then test it by writing articles. 

I'd give more weight to advice from people with over a hundred hubs who've been here more than a year and who just, well, make sense.

I'd be reluctant to take advice that sounds too good to be true or doesn't make sense.  (The advice could be sound, but if it doesn't strike an intuitive chord, how on earth would I be able to apply it?)

And just to make sure I'm not taking bad advice, I'd also read from front to back:

Google's AdSense help pages
    http://www.google.com/support/adsense/?hl=en

Google's AdWords help pages (for what AdSense looks like from the advertisers' perspective)
    http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/?hl=en

Google's webmaster content guidelines
    http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … swer=35769

Yahoo's new content writing style guide
    http://styleguide.yahoo.com/

And after writing at least twenty articles, over the next few months I'd analyze how my articles were doing and try some new things.

I'm not sure what your expectations are, but if you're starting from scratch, with no SEO experience, it will probably take you six months to a year to start earning enough to pay even some of the bills.  As others have said, it's not the place for quick earnings. 

You need not only writing skills, but a degree of marketing savvy, whether it's intuitive or from formal training.

You can at least learn it on a part-time basis.  It's a highly flexible way to make a living.

If you're not earning even pennies after a few weeks, that's a sign that you've got more to learn about writing articles that make money.  And if the earnings don't increase steadily with more articles, or at least stay about the same with the same number of articles, that's another sign.

If you need to pay the bills now, you might want to apply to Demand Media Studios (formerly called Demand Studios) and learn to write profitable web content there.  It's write-for-hire work and you sell all your rights, but you can learn a lot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)