I thought my mortgage was modified, now I am in foreclosure

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. profile image48
    wishingonastarposted 13 years ago

Let me start off by saying that this loan is a Freddie Mac loan. This loan has been sold so many times throughout the 10 years I have lived here.  I fell on hard times and tried for a loan modification.  My lender granted me a modification, or so I thought. They recalculated my income and told me if I paid that amount for the next 3 months by cashier's check, on time, they would modify my loan to that amount.  One month after the modification, they sold my loan to a servicer. They said they would honor that agreement even though they didn't know anything about it. Then the new servicer sold my loan to another sub prime loan servicer and they have sent back the checks stating that this was not my original loan amount and that I am now in foreclosure.  How can they do that?  The don't have to honor my loan modification?  I really don't know what to do.  Any suggestions out there in cyber world?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  I feel for you...I'm in Canada...that stuff doesn't happen here, luckily!  Sounds like a document is missing from the picture...the document that renewed the mortgage to the lower rate - the modification agreement.  Maybe, that's all that needs to be produced?  Should be some free legal counsel around hopefully...but maybe not since you own a home.  In Canada there are free legal services for various reasons...I'd try googling and look for a community group in your area that may be able to help you out.  Frickin' money vultures!  I don't get it because I thought that in the US, that since there are so many houses in foreclosure now and more to come, you'd think they'd want to work with you....

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There appears to be a little chaos in all of that mess, someone has dropped the ball as always and someone needs to get into gear. Ask this company to modify the loan, it is another way to steal another home. Send them proof of the orignial amount of the mortgage and see if they will work with you.

3. leeberttea profile image56
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hire a lawyer.

1. starme77 profile image76
        starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto

2. Internet Secrets profile image60
        Internet Secretsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you just don't want to hire a lawyer..my friend did just that and he is still having problems...this is what to do..hire a team of experts in the fieldsuch as..a cpa, real estate attorney, forensic loan auditors..only the experts knows what to do and how to handle any situation then just hiring one pro

4. profile image52
      tina67posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Internet Secrets profile image60

I want you to try to get a forensic audit with my team of experts they look for violations that lenders have given to homeowners go to my site and i have a link that i just put up to go and learn more about mortgage reduction...(mods do not work) and then the bank wins.
        your friend internet secrets

2. Internet Secrets profile image60

i really hope that everyone gets this in time but by now we all now that everyone in the United States are having problems with lenders selling our loans to different lender hoping to get rid of their bad loans...All anyone has to do is get a team of experts like i did and they will help you...go to my hub secrets of mortgage reductions and use my team of experts they have over 75 years combined in the legal industry... good luck to all...talk to everyone soon
        your friend
        Internet secrets

5. jaymelee23 profile image67
      jaymelee23posted 13 years ago

Wow - I'm so sorry to hear that. I had similar issues with private student loans a while back. If I were you, I'd call 1 (800) 333-4636 (it's the USA.gov government mortgage branch) and see if they can help you or refer you to someone that can. I hate to say it, but I think these banks and lenders are so scammy. If not, you might want to seek the advice of an attorney. If you do talk to this company, make sure that you do it in writing and/or document your conversations... who you spoke with, the date and time... what the conversation was about... keep a journal. Journals are allowed as evidence in court if that should ever happen. Here is also a HUD link on predatory lending that you should read: http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/buying/loanfraud.cfm

There is also some numbers at the bottom of that HUD link of counselors that may be able to also help or refer you. I'd get on the ball with those numbers this coming Monday morning and see what you can find out. Your credit is going to reflect the foreclosure and the more time you are in it... the harder it will be to undo the mess (if your situation is possible). I feel awful for you. I know what a mess that kind of thing can be and I hope it works out... let us know with an update to what you find out.

I know that your loan isn't a government one anymore; however, someone in one of those branches may be able to tell you what to do with your situation.

1. profile image0
        jerrylposted 13 years ago

Really people.  Why is it that people look for answers to how and why they have been swindledn out of their homes, when they
        should be looking into what spawned these swindlers in the first place?

People,  it is the federal reserve fractional banking debt monetary system that has caused all of this turmoil.

Unless we go into debt, (in other words, borrow), we would be without a medium of exchange!  This is a debt monetary system!
        In order for the wealthy to have their wealth, the masses must have debt!

All money is created through interest bearing loans by private commercial banks, with no money created to pay the interest!

The cost of this interest (that no money was created to pay), has to go into higher taxes and a higher cost of living!

When your wages do not keep up with those increasing costs, something has to give!  Corporate America isn't going to take the hit!  They find ways to pay their indebtedness!  Usually it is by laying it on their employees, through wage and benefit cuts,  cutting hours, downsizing and outsourcing, or moving out of the country!

The people who suffer from the corporate money saving tactics, usually end up losing!  They may have to take lesser paying jobs.  They may have to work more than one job.  They may have their wages garnisheed, or they may have their vehicles or homes taken away!

Unemployment benefits are not meant to take the place of a good wage, and don't last forever.  Welfare is not meant to be permanent, and is no way to live a productive life.

Wake up people, contact your political representatives and demand change.  Let them know that this debt building system has been bilking the average American for too many decades already.  We need change.  Money should be created by rewarding man's productivity, (NOT BY BORROWING AND PLACING MAN IN DEBT)!!! THEN TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, WE BAIL OUT THE BANKERS, WHEN IT IS THEIR MONETARY SYSTEM THAT IS SHAFTING THE MASSES.

IT'S YOU THAT ARE SUFFERING NOW!!  NEXT IT WILL BE YOUR CHILDREN THAT WILL SUFFER, BECAUSE OF THE DEBT WE ARE LEAVING THEM TO PAY, THROUGH NO FAULT OF OUR OWN.  WE MUST BORROW, OR THIS SYSTEM BEGINS AN IMMEDIATE COLLAPSE.

WAKE UP! GET ACTIVE!  LET THAT POLITICIAN KNOW THAT UNLESS HE/SHE TAKES ACTION TO STOP THIS FRAUD BY DECEPTION ON THE PEOPLE, YOU WILL VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE!

CORPORATE AMERICA PUTS PRESSURE ON THEM, THROUGH THE THREAT OF HOLDING BACK CAMPAIGN FINANCING FUNDS.  VOTE THE BUMS OUT, AND GET NEW INFORMED BLOOD INTO OFFICE.  IT HAS TO START WITH THE GRASS ROOTS.  MAKE THEM LISTEN!  BE LIKE A BILL COLLECTOR, CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE'S OFFICE EVERY DAY.

1. jaymelee23 profile image67
          jaymelee23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup - I agree with everything you say. It's only going to get worse.

2. MissE profile image77
        MissEposted 13 years ago

Wow!! That totally sucks!  I'm sorry that happened.  Everyone seems to be struggling.  We are trying to sell our home so that we can buy a house with my grandmother, but the home values have dropped so much we might have to end up taking a loss.  I read that over %40 of home in America own more than what their homes are worth now.  It's so sad and frustrating!!!!!  Good luck.  I hope you can work something out.

3. readytoescape profile image60
        readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

If your loans was “reassigned” rather than sold you need to see this video

Concerning a landmark decision which could save your home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dljFUsqu … r_embedded

This a legal opinion of a foreclosure case Landmark Bank vs Kessler in the Kansas Supreme Court. Kessler won.

Hire an attorney and make sure he/she is aware of this precident.

4. SoManyPaths profile image59
        SoManyPathsposted 13 years ago

happens a lot nowadays.They willalways cover their ass first. business rule #1.
        What I believe happened is, they look at your value now $100K vs $250 k 4 years ago...OK, just giving a Phoenix, AZ or Vegas home example, and decide it is better to have you foreclosed on because the original loan is insured for $200k to $250k. They lose $100K on the deal on paper, your credit is shot for years, but they get back the full $200 to $250k....pretty nice on their ends and a no-brainer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)