Published new hub but not showing

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (28 posts)
  1. billyaustindillon profile image62
    billyaustindillonposted 13 years ago

I published a new hub last night that shows that is published by the link http://hubpages.com/hub/Investor-Apps-for-iPad however it doesn't show up in my profile in my google search or in my 60DC feeds. I have never ever had this problem before.

Has anyone else? Any thoughts why? As a side issue my hubscore continues to take a battering no matter what so not sure if related or what - any thoughts?

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes it takes a while to show up in Google, but you are right, it doesn't even show up on your profile page.  The hub is published, I went to the link you provided, so there is no problem there.  Not sure what the issue is.  Wait a day or so, see if it resolves itself, if not, contact hubpages, and they may be able to help. 

As far as your hubscore, it fluctuates, and if you have published a lot of hubs lately, your score tends to drop because the scores of newly published hubs tend to be low until they generate some traffic.  This drags down your overall hubscore.  Also, contributing in the forums, commenting on hubs by others, etc affects your score (ie hubkharma).  It is all factored in (in some confusing mathematical equation) when calculating your overall hubscore.  Hope this all helps!!

billyaustindillonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks - all strange with regard to score I have always been a good commenter and written plenty of hubs - I have contacted Hubpages and no luck there.

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

That hub shows to be published 11 days ago.

Best Investor Apps for iPad
    hubpublished by billyaustindillon 11 days ago
    ... application from Interactive Brokers for execution. Best investor apps for iPad include portfolio management ... are chosen because of the access to information data, investor psychology applications, time management and stress ...
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Investor-Apps-for-iPad

So, lying to get away with self-promotion of a hub???  Not cool!!!

WTF are you talking about! I am not lying about anything it was published last night - why would I even bother to do that?

In response I said that was the day I saved the URL all I can think - and I am not sure of that. Clearly you don't know me.

Apologize, just know that some people do that in order to attract attention to their hubs.

I had no idea and was not thinking that way - was offended actually given one thing I am known for is respecting others - accept your apology no worries.

2. billyaustindillon profile image62

KCC that makes sense and would explain why it isn't showing up in the profile page - that is probably the day I reserved the URL and started writing. Thanks for that - perhaps I accidently published right at the start. BTW how did you get that date?

But that doesn't explain google does it?

Thanks I was banging my head ... hard!

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Did you do what I told you to do?

Unpublish it and re-publish it. hmm

Yes I did Cags - actually many hours ago before you

Anymore thoughts Cags?

4. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

KCC - how can you see how long ago it was published?  Just curious myself & I didn't know we could see when they are published?

5. KCC Big Country profile image85

I first clicked on your link to get the exact title (not the url, because you changed the title after you picked the url) and then looked that hub up in the hubs.  Then I cut and pasted what it showed.  It shows it was published 11 days ago.  Just starting it 11 days ago wouldn't have given it that date.  You would have to have published it then, even if you quickly unpublished it.  That would explain why it isn't showing up as your latest hub and why it isn't on the feeds.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

KCC - can you also maybe give some light as to why billyaustindillon has a sub human author score of 74?

We all know that the authorscore is not what is important but that is easy to say when you are sitting in the 90's  . .it is still somewhat disheartening as we all do want to get that "A+" on the top of our papers.....

2. billyaustindillon profile image62

I never wrote anything in it yesterday - the only way would have been if I accidently hit publish with an empty hub which I have never down before - makes sense what you say.

6. KCC Big Country profile image85

Billy, is all your content original content not published by you (or anyone else) anywhere else on the web? Hubber scores under 75 usually indicate a lowering due to duplicate content.

Yes all my mine - only thing that wouldn't be are in a sales or economics hub where I quote actual figures but that would be small amount - no I don't write fiction or poems etc

7. humagaia profile image57
    humagaiaposted 13 years ago

If you "published" accidentally then you will have been informed that the hub is considered sub standard. That would affect whether it shows or not.

Agreed Humagaia

8. KCC Big Country profile image85

When I cut and paste the first few lines of this hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Investor-Apps-for-iPad

This hub comes up in Google....even though it doesn't seem to have those lines in it now.  Did you swap them around in the last week?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Trading-Apps-on-IPad

That is one of my hubs that is getting good traffic - probably wrote it a week ago

Never swapped it

2. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The hubs are two different hubs, yes same topic ipads, different content.

Doesn't make sense why your score is so low billy...this is so sad.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Billy, if you keep unpublishing and republishing hubs with different url's you're going to keep having this problem.  Google indexes pretty fast usually.

9. KCC Big Country profile image85

Substandard and Duplicate content flags should probably show up in your "My Account" page if that is the case.

No never seen that

10. billyaustindillon profile image62
    billyaustindillonposted 13 years ago

Guys and gals thanks for the feedback I am going to republish with a new URL see what we get - thanks to great Chaz

11. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

Also, in regards to your score, I looked at your hubs.  You have a lot of hubs scoring in the 60's.  This may be affecting your overall score, despite the fact that you have several quality, highly scoring hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)