Christianity makes sense WHO AGREES?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (51 posts)
  1. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 13 years ago

I saw a topic "Christianity doesnt make sense WHO AGREES?" so I thought flipside of the coin also works. So write only if you AGREE

1. alamax profile image56
      alamaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  My entire blog site is dedicated to that.  I signed up with HubPages just to be able to post this comment.  I hate to see a Christian out there all alone, while trying to defend the faith.  There is always an atheist around the corner, crouched for the attack of ridicule.

I hope to find time to come back and develop my HubPages account and profile. If it turns out to be a conflict of interest in linking back to my blog site, I kind of doubt it.

Good luck with this post. I support you.  Link up with me, if these unbelievers want to give you any more grief.  You can expect it, actually.  I believe in<no self-promoting links>.  Anyone that is genuinely curious can Google that phrase and find a site that is dedicated to this entire claim.  Let's fight the good fight of faith!

2. thirdmillenium profile image61
      thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you sit and think you can not but agree that there is Yahwe God and Jesus is the way to reach him.
      If you do not agree, you are welcome to it. You won't burn in hell or something. Ther is NO hell, don't worry

Thanks for agreeing, friend!

Not so sure about the hell issue.  Maybe it's our interpretation/translation that warps things.  Who knows, really?

I completely agree with you about opinions, though.

3. profile image48
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I disagree

Jesus as a truthful Messenger Prophet had a lot of sense; but the time Paul and Church hijacked Jesus' faith and changed his teachings misnaming it "christianity" it has been only a confusion for the Christians and lost all the sense.

I see your point.  You might go back an do some more research into history about who first used the name "Christian."

It sounds like you take a great deal more exception to the shameful history of the Christian religion than the teachings of Jesus.

In that, I agree with you.  I think that based on His lambasting of the Sanhedrin, He probably would, too.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
          LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christian core beliefe does make sense always has. but...by the time religionists re-write the meaning to be self serving, and antagonists make all kinds of rediculous claims, charges and false-hoods, it becomes so blurred it makes no sense to a person searching for truth.

Right on!

That is why we need to bring the Word of Trugh to bear.  We need to work to keep it simple, even though complications challenge us. 

There are so many that want the Truth, without all the guff.

alamax,

Amen!

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

dutchman1951..

sad but true commentary....Thank God for grace.

5. ceciliabeltran profile image63
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

moi but then other religions do too.

6. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

I agree completely....

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha
      I almost passed this by, thinking it was that other thread!

AMEN, HOOWANTSTONO.

8. yankeeintexas profile image59
      yankeeintexasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't beleive that people don't! How can you look at the teachings of Christ Jesus and say that it does not make sense? The world has it veiws and cannot stand the fact that Christianity brings them out of the dark and exposes them in the light!

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Goddunnit

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100%

Goddunnit

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

That doesn't work on an OPEN Public forum. lol

However, I don't agree. lol

Yeah, I know, I'm not supposed to post, however, HubPages sets the rules and not the poster, except in the Sandpit of course, which are for games.

But, you try to have fun with this. lol

1. thirdmillenium profile image61
      thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hiya cagsil
      You are good
      big_smile
      big_smile
      big_smile

Cagsil...

I have been away...what do you mean you are not supposed to post?  Did you get the boot from this forum?

3. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

Christianity makes complete sense but not to the unsaved or those not of God and this is what i love about Gods system. It rules out the undeserving and the, hmmm, weak, for lack of better word. Christianity gives more than it takes and that even seems odd for non-christians but christ makes living in this world, worthwhile.

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion, your statement is completely backward.
           Christianity makes complete sense to a fearful, deluded, weak mind.  If Christ was the only thing that made life worthwhile, life would, actually, not be worth living.

Belief in the supernatural is absurd.

getitrite,

How strong is your mind? Are you deluded no where? Have you no fears? hmmm... surely you seek beyond your personal knowledge to improve in these areas.... just a thought smile

Why do you ask these questions?  Are they to lead, somehow, to a logical conclusion that the belief in superstition is valid?

OK.  Now make me understand that it is not absurd to believe in the supernatural.

hanging out....

You better preach, boy!!!  That was very well said!!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Preach is right. That is disgusting!

3. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Amen!

4. stilljustwonderin profile image61
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

Christianity makes perfect sense, to those who believe.  It is built on faith.  The substance of things hoped for, things not seen.  Those who don't believe has built their unbelief on wisdom.
    The wisdom of the world is foolishness to God.

Once we have established our faith we experience things that we see God's hand in.  We are so thankful for each and every experience.  We are thankful for his love.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Still,

Go look up the word "wisdom"... please. hmm

It might actually be good for you to learn something for a change.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61
        stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know what wisdom means.
        And you have read the Bible so you know what it means in that context. 
        I'm glad you think I am foolish.  That's good news.  big_smile

stilljustwondering....

Yes, thankful is the word....

5. kess profile image59
    kessposted 13 years ago

Christianity indeed makes a lot of sense...

The devils kind of sense for he is wise only to do evil.

I missed your meaning? Is Christianity of the devil is that what you're saying?  I just want to know what you mean???

6. profile image0
    RFoxposted 13 years ago

Christianity makes sense to Christians....isn't that all that matters.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Christianity makes sense WHO AGREES?"

Every time I come here, there you are.

Leave us alone.

edit: Do not make me give a damn. I am serious.

Paradigmsearch.....

Why do you come into these forums if they bother you???? I really don't understand..... I pass right over the sports and atheists forums....I don't care what they're talking about so, I don't "mess" with them.

It is almost like you are coming to someone elses house and asking them to redecorate it because don't like the furnishings.....they are going to tell you as we have...it is really very simple, f the forums bother you, stay away from them.
      smile

1. libby101a profile image61
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't get it either! It's like going to the bank and asking why there's money there! It's the religious area of this forum! Makes perfect sense that there would be religious people in these forums! I dont go to forums that are not to my beliefs! It doesn't make sense to me to do so!

It's still "religious" topics... and there are other topics to chose from! Everyone has a right to come here! But if you make a choice to come here...you made that choice! So dont run off the people who are here talkijng about the topic as it is presented!

Just a little off the wall if you ask me!

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Exactly!

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Christianity makes sense WHO AGREES?"

Oh, please. Shut it down. Sry.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60

paradigmsearch, why are you running from God? God is trying to get your attention and the devil is tugging at you. You are going in the wrong direction. You need to be running toward God

9. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Jesus died for our sins, makes sense to me.

Yep! That takes care of everything! lol
      Just hand your brain over to a guy who is historically missing and if he ever did live, died 2,000 years ago. smile
      Makes so much sense!

1. ediggity profile image60
        ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course he was missing, he rose from the dead.  Sorry Earnest, I forgot you were there.

2. getitrite profile image71

That would only makes sense, to me, if I was a gullible, fearful, dishonest, delusional individual.

Otherwise, belief in superstition is absurd.

I am only fearful of the Lord.  If I believed what you wrote, that would be absurd, but not superstitious.

Your answer proves that Christianity doesn't make sense.
          I feared the monster under my bed until I matured, and realized that there are no such beings.

How can belief in imaginary things NOT be superstitious?

That is absurd.

I think you may want to look up the definition of imagination.

10. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

ofcourse i makes perfect sense...but not in way believers tend to believe...in larger perceptive it does makes sense...

11. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

well, define what 'makes sense' is to you, it's different for everyone, as is your post, but ah again we may all post a completely different opinion, in another religious thread, to race the finish line, but there just never is one

and no, my opinion, respectfully given what makes sense and christianity, don't belong in the same sentence, as best I know

All joking aside, i really know nothing of any religion

but do wish all a good morning!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)