Should I delete my zero traffic hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. YU_First 1 profile image60
    YU_First 1posted 13 years ago

I get a feeling they put down my high traffic ones.
    I am confused about what to do next...

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

will you kill your baby if its late to call you "mom"?

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Don't delete them. Leave them - unless, in your opinion you're embarrassed by the content (I deleted several hubs I created upon joining the site, when I didn't really "get it")

They can't pull your other hubs down - Google sees all pages based on their single place on the net - it doesn't see scores or let your other pages quality or traffic influence that single page.

Marisa Wright had a hub that did nothing for 15 months then made $200 in nine months - some hubs just take a bit more maturity to get traffic. In fact most hubs take 6-9 months to get decent traffic.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

The existance of low traffic hubs will be having no effect on the traffic levels of your high performing hubs. The two do not correlate in any way.

Instead of deleting your zero traffic hubs, consider simply finding a new keyword phrase as your title. I have transformed a hub by adding just one word to the title before, such as 'Best', 'Cheap', 'Top 10', etc...

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

take it

4. Csanad profile image70
    Csanadposted 13 years ago

I am thinking about deleting my 0 traffic hubs and upload them at Squidoo. Maybe, they would get some traffic there, as Squidoo is a much larger community than Hubpages. Though I do not have irrational expectations, over there they would probably get only a few hits too, but better then nothing. And I have lately been thinking about building up a Squidoo presence too, just to diversify, and not to depend on hubpages alone.

5. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

You can try that if you would like, but in my opinion hubpages is the better bet. If you delete them here and post them on squidoo they might get a few internal hits but I do not think the performance on google will improve. Hubpages seems to be the best at getting views.
    Good luck with your decision.

6. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

I would not delete old hubs, but I would consider re-editing them and re-checking what keywords could be used and added into the hubs to make them more relevant. They might not be as relevant as you originally thought and so need a new "coat of paint" so to speak. I do that every now and then, and it does bring up my stats slightly in some cases. Don't be afraid to experiment with your hubs, and utilise more videos and graphics too, as this helps. The first photo a person sees is also important, and can be all the difference too. If people are not searching for your topic, then modify it so that it gets included in searches. and Google's Keyword tools can help you hugely with this. Hope this helps. Cheers.

7. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 13 years ago

I fight this compulsion  everyday and have asked the same question. I have kept myself from deleting many,but just could not stop my finger on a couple.

They do need time to mature,if they are already old then perhaps you may try some different methods of gaining traffic or if you have not yet used linking to drive traffic  then learn about and implement these methods.

Overhaul them completely to target new keywords or just make it look more inviting and a better overall read.

8. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I have deleted some that just seemed like to much work to revamp....but, if it all possible, I do try to revamp the ones that don't seem to do as well.

9. lex123 profile image78
    lex123posted 13 years ago

I keep such hubs for some time and whenever possible I link them to my high traffic sites, if related. I also add some more keywords to contents so that they will be picked up by SEs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)