2010-2011 NBA Finals Predictions

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. LakeShow T profile image74
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

With the long-awaited and highly anticipated NBA season getting underway tonight, what better time to share predictions for who will make the NBA Finals this season.

For me, it will be Dejavu all over again with the Celtics and Lakers meeting in the finals once again. I think the Lakers will ultimately prevail in a 7 game epic just like last season as well.

The Lakers have owned the Western Conference and this would be their 4th consecutive trip to the finals if they were to make it. I still think they are head and shoulders above everyone else in that conference. They have size that cannot be matched, they have improved their bench this season, and they have a player named Kobe Bryant. The only thing that can hold them back is injuries.

As for the Celtics, I think they have the Championship experience, team chemistry, and just matchup well with Orlando and Miami. They also have a great defense and have improved in the middle with the addition of ShaQ and Jermaine O'Neal.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think it will be lakers and celtics again as well because of various factors. one, the lakers have no competition out in the west.  sure, there's the thunder, blazers, and rockets but those teams are still too young and inexperience to challenge them, as they can't compete with the lakers size and length yet.  as far the mavericks?....what about them?  they're over rated.  Hell, I'd name them the orlando magic of this decade, back they had shaq and they always choked in the playoffs.

in the east, orlando is over rated.  I should've known better than to fall for their style last year, but any team that lives by the three like they do is ALWAYS going to lose in the playoffs.  The Bulls and Bucks are still too young in the east.  As far as the Heat, they're going to be the number one seed in the east for sure, but they won't go far in the playoffs.  Mainly because for one, they're not that freaking deep, and they lack size. Seriously, they have a power powerforward, Udonis Haslem, playing center, so you know they're in trouble. 

therefore, i think the celtics will have another rematch with the lakers.  Who wins between them?  I honestly don't know, as I think it can go either way, as there's too many variable to consider.  Is Kobe health going to be an issue that late into the season?  Is Bynum going to be able to stay healthy again?  Are the Celtics going to manage to keep their old guys healthy?  Are they going to be able to play good TOGETHER instead of one of the big three stepping up at a time like last year?  Plus, you have to factor in that it was a pretty close game 7 last year and the celtics didn't have their best defensive big man on the floor.  therefore, if Kendrick Perkins remains healthy and stays out of foul trouble, then who's to say things won't turn out different.  add in the fact that the celtics have more size and a deeper bench, then they might actually beat the lakers. therefore, i think it will go to a game 7 with them, where any team can win or lose.

1. LakeShow T profile image74
        LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very good analysis, Steven! I do agree that the Heat will have the best record in the East due to the fact they are going to feel like they have to prove themselves every night. and because the Celtics could not care less about the regular season. When the playoffs come around, the Celtics will flip the switch and turn it on, and like I mentioned, that will be just too much for the Heat and Magic.

2. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Raptors over Lakers in 4 games!

3. LakeShow T profile image74
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Celtics and Lakers win on opening night, while the Heat fall flat. That just reinforces my opinion the Heat will not be able to beat the Celtics in a playoff series.

4. twshogun profile image59
    twshogunposted 13 years ago

I say we will see a repeat of last season's finals but Boston win's it this time. And I am not a Celtics fan. These are vet's in Boston with the bench included.  Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal are the Rasheed Wallace upgrade.  You add, Delonte West and Perkins back into the fold this team is better than last year.  The Lakers added also but I think Boston did it better.  Give the Lakers credit their talent is younger (Eubanks and Carcter)but will take time to gel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)