Hub Pages - My experiences

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)
  1. G.Lynn-Carroll profile image60
    G.Lynn-Carrollposted 13 years ago

I joined Hub Pages 9 months ago. I created 67 hubs with content I thought was fairly interesting. I had 16 followers.  I got 6086 views on my Hubs. This averages 90 views per Hub. I don't know if this was average or below par. All I know is I gave it my best shot.

I painfully got my earnings up to �49.00 and was struggling on to reach my first hard-earned pay cheque of �70.00 from Google Adsense.

On Feb 19 I got an e-mail from Google to say my a/c. had been disabled. On my Google a/c it said "Disabled by Google for TOS Violation.  All my money earned had been taken back.

I then went and looked up my hubs and there were still Ads by Google on my Hubs ??????

How can Google still advertise on my Hubs if my a/c had been disabled and I don't earn anything.

I have since deleted all my Hubs and I am leaving Hub Pages with very bad feelings.

Does anyone really make any money on Hub Pages?

2. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Well I've not had that experience.  But Google is King and will advertise, just not give you any money for it.  I am sorry to see you go, but I must say, I'd be quite bitter too if this happened to me.  Did Google specify what the violation was?  I just wondered.

3. TomC35 profile image60
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

I have read others complain about this from Google.  Did you ask any of your friends/followers if they were regularly clicking on y our ads?

They may have been trying to help you out, but if Google saw repeated clicks from the same IP or area over and over it is possible they thought you asked that person to click for you, which is fraud.

4. G.Lynn-Carroll profile image60
    G.Lynn-Carrollposted 13 years ago

Surely you must be allowed forward your hubs to your friends. If they click on Google Ads that is their choice. Why place the Ads if there are restrictions as to who can view them.

I had 6086 views on all my hubs and very little click rate.

Maybe Google should have a look at their advertisng to make it more appealing for people to click on their Ads.

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If google sees your friend's ip addresses regularly clicking on your ads they're gonna naturally suspect click-fraud, despite your cavalier attitude regarding the habit.

There's also a matter of what your writing was about. With your hubs gone it's tough to judge, but if you wrote about lame crap, you'll get a lame click-through rate.

I make money, and I know plenty of others do as well. Too bad you didn't come to the forums seeking help until it was too late.

If you want to, you may be able to get your adsense reinstated. Or try affiliate sales, which in my experience can be worth much more than adsense anyway.

5. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Don't blame HubPages for AdSense's actions. HubPages is not privy to nor can they control what AdSense does with individual publishers.

All you really needed to do was go into your hubs and set the ads to "none." If you didn't make that change, the ads would still show up but would carry the HubPages' publisher ID instead of yours.

6. ThomasE profile image68
    ThomasEposted 13 years ago

Some people make money out of hubpages, some do not. It is a pity that you didn't post to the forum before you took this action.

Hubpages has no control over Googles actions, and so you should not hold them liable for google banning you.

Secondly, if your google account is disabled, Hubpages will by default still run google adverts... you can turn this off if you want.

It is possible to make money on hubpages, even if you don't have an adsense account, by writing sales hubs. I make far more money on Amazon than I do through Adsense.

If you had not chosen to delete your hubs, we could have talked you through the appeals process. While it is a crap shot, in the past google accounts have sometimes been reinstated - in fact, I helped someone get their account reinstated earlier this week.

It depends on the reason for your account being disabled.

If it was for click fraud, there is nothing we can do...

Finally, if you do choose to get rid of your hubs, and leave hubpages, make sure you save your work, because even without a adsense account, you can still make money by transferring your work to squidoo.

Good luck, it is a pity you have had a bad experience.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)