Hub Pages.. This NOT Good Enough!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (51 posts)
  1. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

This is one of the sick puppies on this site!
    This Crap is Published Here in the 'Hot' Links for Haiku!

What does that say?
    It's Not Good Enough... and this one is gloating about getting around your systems!
    Clearly my writing causes concern in some respect
    But I Don't Think I Caused the Earthquake in NZ that has killed 150 of my fellow kiwis and tourists! THAT IS THE INSULT..

How Long are you going to let such crap remain on this site?
    What an insult to all of us..
    Maybe you can email me his IP Address and I'll sort the problem out in a more direct manner!

JasonCooley 9 hours ago
    The more I read your writing the more you seem to boast about being published on hubpages as if there were some standards to getting published on this site. I can see why my 14 word article bothers you so much, since having it posted on hubpages exploits this site as a place where anything can get published tarnishing your pathetic little “achievement” and exposing it as nothing. I know this makes it that much harder to hold on to your delusion, but deal with it. Getting published on hubpages does not make you a writer. The fact that you went third person in your comment absolutely ratifies the fact that you are pathetic. For anyone reading these comments and doesn't know what's going on you can see the diatribe that inspired this Haiku here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Shameless-A-Haiku
    Tags
    •    garbage
    •    boring
    •    pathetic
    •    snitch
    •    pearldiver
    •    talentless
    •    which caused earthquake
    •    caused climate change
    •    litters in the ocean
    •    in new zealand
    JasonCooley 10 hours ago
    Why would I need a proxy server? Honestly, I will take your advice and not give up my day job as a real writer who works with real editors for publications with real standards. I know you want to be a real writer so bad that you are trying to hold hubpages to a higher standard than it deserves, but the reality of the situation is you just can't write and are stuck here. I understand the truth is a bitter pill for you to swallow and I felt a little bad about having to bring it up, but remember you started this dialog with your diatribe on a fun and simple little haiku.

Need I say more? hmm

1. profile image49
      ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is "in a more direct manner" supposed to mean?

Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well.... now... Why would it concern one who clearly chooses to travel incognito? hmm

It can be taken anyway one wants to take it mate! - In context or out of context!

But..
        As a Real Person... I am PERFECTLY Comfortable Meeting Any Entity Face - Face, Anywhere in the World... aren't you? hmm

A Blind Squirrel MD? big_smile

1. profile image49

Yes, thank you for saying it can be taken any way. I was asking how YOU intended it.

Yes, thank you for not understanding how we speak (terminology-wise) in my part of the world/ or simply not reading the entire post.

As I Said:
            As a Real Person... I am PERFECTLY Comfortable Meeting Any Entity Face - Face, Anywhere in the World... aren't you? hmm

@Izzy, PCu and AP... I am pretty sure that most people really do not appreciate communicating with Blank spaces! big_smile
            But then most blank spaces chose to 'Hide' the reasons why we should I guess! roll

1. profile image49

Ok, you are "comfortable meeting," that is great. What would you then do "in a more direct manner"?

It really shouldn't be this hard to get you to answer a simple question.

As I said earlier.... STOP ACTING Like a TROLL...

You NEED a far BETTER BAIT and an Author Score Far Greater than 26 if you intend to be taken seriously or to catch my attention in the future!

I'm sick of wasting life communicating with Blank Entities! smile

1. profile image49

Ok, it is clear you are afraid to answer because you realize you went too far in your initial post. That's fine.  It is better you cover up your mistake than extend it. No point in sounding like some silly teenager, right?

And I know you are just dying to get your hands on something I've written so you can tear it apart (and why not?) but your impatience is drifting ever so slightly towards obsession now. Hang in there.

2. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Pd I read what you're pointing out and I duly flagged it. Seems to me that behaving like that in the forum gets you a ban, so I should imagine writing a hub like that is not welcome. It was also uncalled for so far as I'm concerned.

But - it is a Saturday, generally the guys are having a couple of days break and right now, if they're not, I'd imagine they're brainstorming or simply having individual ones trying to work out 'what next' re the SE shake-up.

So saying they'll get there, I'm sure smile

Do you need a bit of my settle petal tea? tongue

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It should perhaps be noted that the first people who need to be appeased are the financial backers, so they are probably working hard on reporting back to them as well as analysing their traffic patterns. I am prepared to wait for another week for the guys to come out and say something or advise us. smile

1. SunSeven profile image63
        SunSevenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sure Hummer Winblad wont be very happy about all these! :0

1. profile image0

Hubpages only recently became profitable, and I'm sure that a permanent bump like this would see that change again, so I guess that the Hubpages team are anxious to see the algorithm settle as quickly as possible - to see where they stand. Maybe they will come out just as strong, maybe even stronger, but I suspect that we will see at least a few things change.

1. kirstenblog profile image77
            kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Didn't Squidoo have something similar happen a while back?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
              Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think they did, and they got rid of a prolific spammer by the name of Mark Ewbie (conicidence) and the ratings went back up.

1. profile image0

lol

Haven't told you this Mark, but you do make me chuckle on a near-daily basis.

2. profile image0

Yes, they had a slap, but that was one which was fixed with the removal of illegal content I believe (e.g. tv streaming, gambling).

They fixed that pretty quickly, but that was a site specific slap, this seems to be industry wide. Does anybody post on Squidoo? Are they talking about changes in the forums?

I have noticed Squidoo articles jump above me, and they are not being mentioned by bloggers etc.

If they haven't been touched this time around, then maybe that was a warm up? To this? If that is the case, and Squidoo hasn't been bumped at all, then maybe the fix could be easier than pessemists like me seem to think?

1. kirstenblog profile image77
                kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if the previous slap acted as a sort of immunity against this one and didn't even think of checking their forum till just now. There is a post, top of the page, about the google algo change and the possibility of traffic troubles etc. So they are in the same boat anyway. I have no where near enough lenses to be able to say that my traffic is changing, no hits a day is pretty common lol (10 lenses just ain't enough to tell)

2. ThomasE profile image68
                ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a long official announcement, which boils down to, yes squidoo has been affected and

"
                In the next few weeks, we at Squidoo are putting into place additional systems that proactively and retroactively work to encourage all our authors to publish ever better content.  (And remove content that's stolen).  We'll let you know about those changes as they come up.
                "

Although it appears the effect is on a page by page basis and was not as severe as we are seeing at hubpages.

3. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Wow! You have some serious fans. smile

Well hell yeah... Don't I?

And they are a lot closer to the problems on this thread than they are pretending to be! hmm

4. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Just another day of business - part of the game.

5. Pearldiver profile image66

Oh Sorry Ryan... didn't mean to butt in there...

Do you Know This Gummby who made these statements?  hmm

1. profile image0

Nope, sorry, don't know the hubber mentioned in the OP.

Although, in fairness, I get wankers in my comments boxes most days and they tend to just be deleted and forgotten about.

Chances are that if you leave that hubber alone he will dissapear within a few weeks anyway.... Is worth reporting content like that however, I have had much longer stuff removed for being too short.

Yeah Well... It's only a Sock Anyway and It's not a matter of me leaving it alone... It has openly slandered me in an effort to create 'bad press' hasn't it?
        So I think checking out the foot is required, after all the sock acts as the foot's agent, does it not? big_smile
        I take that crap pretty seriously... don't you? hmm

1. recommend1 profile image61
          recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

w*****s and spammers generally appear on a Friday night knowing that there is nobody in the cockpit till Monday.  I guess it will get dealt with then if they ever come out of that long meeting I am sure they have scheduled !

2. profile image0

Sure you should take it seriously, at least enough to report it.

Other than that, giving it attention and letting it get to you is probably what the troll wants you to do. So, indirectly, he scores a victory in his own small mind.

Allowing them to excert effort into writing something in your comments and then pressing delete immediately, without acknowledging or responding, is generally sufficient to move them on to their next victim.

Remember that you, ultimately, have control over that comments box. They only get 5 minutes to delete a comment, so you can leave them hanging with a line which makes them look like a fool, and then reject any witty or clever responses that they may have - you can look like a winner each time.

I have lost count of the number of times that I have had trolls email me saying something like "Oh, so now your going to delete my comments? To make me look like an idiot?"; to which I have simple replied "yes". They probably see this as a small defeat, in their own small minds.

3. Pcunix profile image89
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know what they say:

Say anything you like about me, just get the href right smile

No, I'm just joking. That kind of stuff has no place here.

It's Not the First Time and I'm sure it won't be the last.. but you know it isn't good enough.. Very Sad in fact... you know I just feel like consoling him that size really Does matter and he can get surgery for his small problem! sad

6. Pearldiver profile image66

No.. these comments were on his hubs comments for others to read. I notice that it was scared enough to take down it's other site links smile
    But all too late... As I took a Screnshot of them when I found the hub, the other day! So yeah, bouncy balls... you know you follow them smile

1. profile image0

I follow them? Who? Or did I misunderstand?

Nah follow the bouncy ball.... it means that people are easy to find, when you know where to and how to look in this tiny world! smile

7. BenWritings profile image64
    BenWritingsposted 13 years ago

Well, his Hub was just AWFUL, that was a pathetic excuse for a haiku.

I feel like much of this is unnecessary though. All the arguing and competing.

But, I do agree, you have a point here

8. JasonCooley profile image61
    JasonCooleyposted 13 years ago

It's not slander or defamation if what's being said is true. You say you threw a message in a bottle into the sea every week since you were a small child. Let's say that it's been at least 20 years since this started, there are 52 weeks in a year, this would equal at least 1040 bottles that you personally littered the sea with. If you really want to drag this out, you will only be shedding light on your lifelong littering of the sea. I can back up everything said in my Haiku with references and facts. I also took screen shots of your admission to your littering from your profile and screen shots of your work showing proof of your grammatical errors testifying to my statement that your writing is painful garbage to read.

Remember, YOU started all of this with your mean-spirited statement on a fun little Haiku I wrote about the show “Shameless.” If you apologize for being such a jerk in the first place, agree to stop leaving rude comments on peoples pages and recycle your bottles, I will remove my Pearldiver Haiku instead of feeling the need to write more editorials. In fact, as I write this, I already have an outline of a six panel comic strip for Mad Magazine about a man who litters in the sea and goes home to write poetry. Satire is also not illegal. So, man up, do the right thing and you will never be the subject of my writings again. You don't have to apologize in front of everyone, you can send me a private message if you like.

9. JasonCooley profile image61

Thank you, apology accepted. As agreed, all articles have been removed.

1. Adroit Alien profile image66
      Adroit Alienposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WIN

2. Pearldiver profile image66

What a fertile imagination you have for a stalker! big_smile
      How sad it is that you would justify Your Actions by attempting to mock a child's innocence! That's the exact nature of a Sexual Predator! Is That your real problem? hmm

@ Jason Cooley…. I have absolutely nothing to apologize for to you! 
      As I said, you were easy to find! I have your IP Address also by the way!
      Remember that, if you are foolish enough to try this BS on again!

So…… Was my demand below, your imaginary ‘Apology’ that you are referring to here?
      The reason you found it prudent to take down your trash 3 hours before the deadline?

To: Jason Cooley
      All your Work is on HP Duplicate Content mate! I note that you have published this on Associated Content's site too. What a sad man you are in doing this BS... you now risk your writing relationship with at least two writing sites! This is the TOS agreement that you are party to with Yahoo... I have joined the site and I intend to provide them with a professional complaint in which I will be highlighting your highly libelous posts. You have 12 hours to take down and destroy every reference to Pearldiver and tags etc that relate to my work, my profile and my reputation!
      Below is Section 3a of that TOS Agreement. If you choose to duke it out over this then you will also lose your writing presence and I will ensure that you suffer at least an equal loss.  As follows:
      “You may not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any UGC that: a. is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;”
      Your Tags alone show that you intentionally attempted to damage my reputation... If you want to see if I'm smarter than you then ignore this demand!

For everyone else’s information, this is what motivated this stalker to take down the derogatory content that he had published here!  It doesn’t take away the intent on his part or his obsessive stalking behavior! 

For what it’s worth, this entity: Jason Cooley also writes under the same pen name for Associated Content and has done so since 2005.  He has 230 very basic ‘articles’ and a total of 25 fans.  90% of his work published on the HP site is also published on AC.

As I said at the start of this thread, the actions of this party in his attempt to gain kudos for defaming me, on HP, AC and SEs…. Is Simply Not Good Enough!

10. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Taking down your sites didn't matter much, they got reported enough to where they were going down anyway. Honestly it doesn't take a blind squirrel to realize your hubs should not be allowed to be published.

11. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

The kind of attack you are describing is not acceptable and a simple flag and complaint to both sites should be enough to have the offender removed hub, article, comments and membership.  I think the ability to strike out with safety on the net is similar to raod rage where the entity feels safe in his little room. The only way to combat such things is for sites to behave in a more responsible manner and put a stop to it when a complaint is received and seen to be reasonable.

12. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Aw no another sockpuppet sad

Why can't people post in the forums on their primary account only?

As if we haven't all got enough problems without all this childishness..

You seem to be right - I think every 'name' here should be listed iwth all their other faces and past faces so that we can see who they are.  For the record I am also - alternate poet  big_smile

1. Pcunix profile image89

I agree - it should be the first account and only that account.

And - for the record - I have only one account.

2. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh welcome back!! I'm glad it's you - I knew you were an experienced hubber but didn't know who.

Thanks for the hug ! I guess it is easier to hug a bear than the fierce looking Michaelangelo huh !!  big_smile

3. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about revealing all - I have two accounts, but do not wish the second exposed.

However, I only post with this one.  I've made exactly one post with the other and that was in error - I spotted an interestng forum thread and ran over to make a post, forgetting I was in the other account.  It wasn't until I went back to writing a hub that I realized what I'd done, so that one post is still out there somewhere.

I wonder if all posts could indicate the primary account, regardless of how you are signed in?

1. Pcunix profile image89

They absolutely could do that, or refuse to let you post with any other.

And they should.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally I would like that.  I have no desire to post with the other account; it will only be by accident if I do.

2. recommend1 profile image61

Well - it is against the rules to post with two different names - alternate poet  is turned off for forum posts and so cannot post even by accident - although I dod hear the police siren warning on the odd occasion that I foget and try to pop over to make a post - as yo udid by accident.  You can ask for it to be turned off. smile

13. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 13 years ago

Hi, I just wanted to say if you want to know their IP address, just look in your comment box on your hub if they have made a comment on one of your hubs, it is under the Deny/Approve button, then just google IP address and there are some great sites that you can check it out on, okay?

14. Pearldiver profile image66

Hi Nell, Cheers I know that.  This one worked that out and deleted his comment, before I read it, so that I couldn't find it that way. No I am a little more resourceful than that anyway, which is why I did mention his IP in the post. smile
    I don't think people realize how easy it is to locate the majority of them and feel very brave being abusive in the belief that they won't get a tap on the shoulder (or the nose!). Interesting times huh? smile

Wow... Nice 100 Pack you have smile

1. profile image49

Are you saying that you want to track that person down and physically assault them? Is it really worth going that far? A little perspective is in order, I think. You shouldn't let the words of some doofus on the internet get to you to such a degree.

15. JasonCooley profile image61

Why does everyone assume I'm a stalker? From the beginning, I have been defending myself. Just because I out gunned my opponent doesn't make me the bad guy. In his last statements he called me a stalker and a sexual predator, but no one takes issue with that?

Yeah, my articles are duplicates from Associated Content and why wouldn't they be, since I can get  paid from multiple sites for the same articles? Yeah, it affects my hub score, but I don't need validation from a silly little score to feel good about myself. I don't have many fans because I don't network, I write. I make a living writing for real publications. My online writing is just something extra I do on the side. I have no interest in going around commenting on other peoples stuff in hopes they return the favor.

Why can't you just move on? I really thought this was over... Are you mad that I made it public that you apologized to me? You shouldn't be since you did the right thing. Stop threatening me about having my IP address. We are all aware how easy it is to get an IP address and, in fact, I happen to have yours, so big deal. Can we honestly continue this little tit for tat and call ourselves adults? Really, this is getting old. You are starting to go too far with your insults by calling me a stalker and a sexual predator, do you really think calling me these names makes you look any better? You accused me of defaming your character but what you are saying now has done more damage to your image than my haiku poem. Let's not have this escalate any further. I took my articles down and you apologized, it's over.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)