East Finals - Who will win? The Bulls or The Heat?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5061845_f248.jpg
    Who do you think will make it to the final? Why?

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

The Bulls will win in 6 or 7 games against the Heat.  Why?  Because outside of the big 3 that the Heat have, they're bench and the rest of their role players basically suck.  Sure, they just reactivated Udonis Haslem who had a great night.  However, the biggest question now is can he keep that up? Part of the reason he did so well to elevate the Heat was because the Bulls obviously didn't expect him to come back into this series.  Let alone have the type of impact that he did.  However, I suspect with these few days rest that the bulls have, they will make adjustments to guard Haslem and take him out of the game. 

Sure, Miami may have the big 3, but they don't have a lot of depth.  Something the Bulls do have a lot of, as they've won games shooting at poor percentages like last game. They just have to make sure that they don't allow the Heat to out rebound them again, and continue to play lock down defense like in game 1.  If they do those things, then the Bulls should win this series. 

Plus, Bosh is still a light weight if you ask me.  Him and Pau are too similar.  If you intimidate the hell out of them early, then they start playing too scared.  And knowing how physical the Bulls front court is (minus Boozer who sadly isn't playing that way now), then you know Bosh isn't that physical of a player.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

This series is going to be a grind.  The team that is the healthiest at the end is going to win in game seven.  Right now, I give the edge to Miami because rose is a bit banged up.

4. profile image0

Miami Heat is a very temperamental team. When they have a good game, it's not good.. it's great! When their off, they are REALLY OFF, so we'll just have to wait and see. Haslem is back and he is a key player. We will see what happens.

5. profile image0

What a beautiful game last night! lol And Barkley got hit with a Heat t-shirt while fans sang "Barkley Sucks!" It was a memorable moment! lol lol

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/ … nt-page-1/

6. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

barkley vs barney snl = awesomeness lol

7. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

All I will say is...game 4 will determine on who wins this series.  As I stated before, the Heat are over rated, as they beat teams off intimidation more than anything else.  Sure, they celebrate after beating a broken down celtics team that traded away their best big man, and had their best player injured throughout the series.  However, the Bulls can still win this series, as they're a lot deeper than people give them credit for.  If the Bulls win tonight, then they will come back to win the series. 

If the Heat win tonight, then it'll be all over for the Bulls, as it'll be too much to come back from. I guarantee it.  The winner of tonight's game will win the series.

8. profile image0

I hear you Steve! I know the Bulls have a lot more depth than the Heat. They are a great team. But you can't underestimate the Heat. I don't know how they do it, but they do it. No one believed we would get this far, and look... they're still standing! My butt's going to be glued to the couch tonight. I'll be here screaming and having a heart attack. lol
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mark my words Klara, the winner of this game will determine who wins the series.  However, it should be a lot of fun to watch.  I will admit that I think if LeBron continues to play the point forward of the team and Haslem continues to play consistent, then they just might be able to win the title this year. I would say the Mavericks are the favorites this year based on how they're playing.  The only problem is they haven't really played any teams that have great perimeter defenses yet like the Heat and Bulls.  Therefore, it's tough for me to think the Mavericks could win it all.  Although I do favor them highly to win against the Thunder; considering how poorly Westbrook is playing right now.

Then again, neither the Bulls or the Heat have an answer for Dirk, so I'm not ruling out the Mavericks.  Although I am ruling out the Thunder at this point.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Steve, that was the HEAT not having the best game. Do you still think we're winning the championship?

BTW, Barkley wasn't too happy today either. lol The fans brought the chant inside the arena. lol lol lol

1. profile image0

I never said anything about them possibly winning the title.  No, I just said based on the way they're playing now, and how much their bench has stepped up, then it's possible they do have a shot at it now.  However, we'll have to wait and see.

9. optimus grimlock profile image59

the mavs heat series will be great 2 opposite teams finese vs power

1. profile image0

You know Klara although I am a Bulls fan, I wouldn't mind seeing your Heat go on to face the Mavericks now that I think about it.  I was just talking about this with my brother over the phone earlier.   

For starters, this is dallas' year.  I know I was wrong about the bulls being able to dominate Miami, but I'm damn sure NOBODY can stop the Mavericks, as the Heat don't have an answer for Dirk.  Plus, lets face it, we both know that Wade ain't worth crap when compared to Kobe, and we both know that Kidd proved that he could contain Kobe quite well.  Therefore, Wade won't be a factor at all against Kidd, as for Bosh?  What about him? He's a wimp, so enough said. Chandler and Heywood will slap Bosh around like nobodies business, and turn him into a....well you get the idea.

anyways, me and my brother both agreed that if the Bulls and Mavs faced each other, then we know the media would say how the Mavericks only won because they DIDN'T face the superior Miami team.  Which is fine, as we know the media is biased towards the Heat's big three.  and although I'm not a mavs fan, I do like Kidd and Dirk, and I would love to see them get rings before retiring.  Besides, I don't want their title being tarnished by the media saying, "you only won it because the Heat weren't there."  Therefore, I WANT the Heat to go on now. Why?  Because they need a lesson in humility.  It's fairly obvious the Bulls couldn't pull it off because they continue to fail executing offensively.  Don't get me wrong, I want them to beat the Heat, but I know they virtually have no shot at beating the Mavericks.  And if this is truly the Mavericks year, I don't want Dirk's possible only title to be tarnished by the media.  Therefore, what better way to win a title than to exact revenge against your Miami team.

Wade is going to get shut down by Jason Kidd, as he's already proven to contain Kobe Bryant who is by far a superior player to Wade in every fathomable way.  LeBron won't be able to guard Dirk like he did Rose, as he won't have the height advantage this time.  As for Bosh?  Well, Bosh is a wuss, so he's a non factor if anything.  Anyways, I'm sorry if I sound rude Klara, but LeBron's promise of a ring this year will have to wait for another year, as this is the Mavericks' year to win it all. wink

1. profile image49
        Markus Matlockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

First you said the Bulls are going to win, because Miami has no depth-
        now you say the Heat 'found' depth. Second you say 'NOBODY' can stop the Mavs- guess what?- You were WRONG once, and you will be wrong again.
        The HEAT will win first over the BULLS tonight or Saturday at home, then the championship in 4, maybe 5 games. Because they will 'find' and answer for Dirk, his momma, his daddy and who ever else is in KING JAMES way- to take what he risked his, legacy, reputation and public perception for- A CHAMPIONSHIP RING!

1. profile image49
          Markus Matlockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Defense wins championships, anyway. The Mavs are going to get beat so bad- I don't think it will go 5 games, only maybe 5 games!

I can't wait to see if I'm right or wrong

1. profile image0

Your right. Defense does win titles, and the Mavs defense seemed pretty solid to me in this year's playoffs.  Not only that, but Kidd is starting to defend like the Kidd of old, as he shut down arguably the best shooting guard in the nba in Kobe Bryant earlier in the semifinals.  therefore, Dwayne Wade isn't going to be much of a problem to stop, since he's not even half the player that Kobe is. wink

2. profile image0

Well first of all, Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem were injured for practically the entire season; which left the bench of the Heat rather weak.  ESPN along with other various articles have said the same damn thing saying the Heat didn't have any depth.  Therefore, when they became activated in this series against the bulls, NOBODY predicted it.  Seriously, did you honestly think Haslem was going to come back from his long absence and make the difference that he did?  Nobody did, and that's the point.  Haslem and Miller give the Bulls a couple more bodies to guard, as the heat didn't have s*** outside the big 3 for most of the season. 

Besides, who on the Heat can stop Dirk?  Tell me who.  Haslem?  I hate to break it to you, but Dirk has a post up game now, and he's a lot more versatile offensively than he was the first time he played against the heat, so he's even better than before.  Not only that, Haslem still isn't a 100 percent, so he's not going to be able to constantly keep up with him.  As for James, he doesn't have the obvious height advantage that he had against Rose, and Dirk is a helluva a lot more taller.  Hell, he's a 7 foot guy that plays like a guard.  How do you defend against someone like that?  Tell me, how?

10. optimus grimlock profile image59

I think lebron and dirk will be a good matchup to watch but your right about chandler slappin bosh around. wade n kid will be another great matchup but wade wont be shut down by kid!

11. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I think either team from the East will beat Dallas.  Their defense is just too bad.

12. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Dirk will get his, but the Mavs seem like a team that isn't tough enough defensively.  If the Heat have impressed me with one thing against the Bulls is the toughness.  Did you see them get on the floor the closing minutes of the last game.  Gritty.

1. profile image0

I still say the only reason the heat are winning is because of Miller and Haslem, and the Bulls defeating themselves because of poor execution on the offensive end.  Trust me, the Mavericks are winning the series against the Heat, as they need a hard lesson in humility.

1. LakeShow T profile image74
        LakeShow Tposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. Just look at the difference in the demeanor between the Heat and the Mavs. The Mavs left their Western Conference Championship ceremony early and did not even celebrate reaching the finals because they have bigger goals they have not yet attained. On the other hand, the Heat celebrated like they won the title after they got past Boston and continue to dance, pose, and celebrate like they have already won after every good play they make. I can see one team that is playing desperate and determined and another team that believes they are entitled to the Championship.

13. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Does anybody not believe that the Heat will go to the finals?
    It would be very hard for any team to beat Miami three or more consecutive times. As far as Dallas, they have one or two main players to whom they go to, Miami has three at least, and the defense has been improving by leaps and bounds. Not that I am biased because I'm from Miami or have been living here most of my life, but I strongly believe that the Heat are, at the moment, just to strong to beat.

(OK maybe I was lying a little bit about not being bias...)

14. optimus grimlock profile image59

haslem has been the sparkplug that the heat have been missing!!!

15. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

We won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Was there any doubts???

So who's next? Oh yea... Dallas something or other??

16. profile image0

I am the happiest woman in the world right now! What an impressive comeback!!! The ESPN people will have to shut their mouths. So much for mocking LeBron and for getting all riled up every time the Bulls scored. I think it's pathetic that they do that.

17. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5092212_f248.jpg

Cheer up, Noah!

18. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Why does anyone have to win?

Can't they all have a ball so there is no fighting over just one ball and they can all get along? smile

1. profile image0

Anyone can have a ball, but LeBron has balls! lol

1. profile image0

LeBron Princess James has balls?!? yikes j/k tongue

1. profile image0

Sorry Steve! Do you have Rose's number? I think he might be interested in joining the Heat now. lol lol

No, in all seriousness... the bulls played very well, but they couldn't keep up with the heat's pace. They should have saved Rose for the last quarter so he wouldn't be too fried. And still, the heat are not playing at their full potential.

Yes, LeBron has balls and an awesome attitude towards the game. He spoke highly of the Bulls, Rose, and your voiceless coach. hmm I am going to send him some ginger tea bags to see if he can restore his vocal cords back to health. smile Good game for the Bulls, but not good enough.

Do you care to join me in our four-day holiday weekend? lol

1. profile image0

Okay Klara, you have me.  I'll admit that the Heat aren't over rated, and maybe just maybe they're every bit as great as advertised.  Take in mind, I hate LeBron James, so i wouldn't expect me to say this again, as you won't believe how much crow I'm having to swallow saying this right now! lol  However, I stand by what i said in other forums.  This is the Mavericks year to win it all, as I doubt the Heat have answer for Dirk, and Kidd can guard Wade and stop him.

1. profile image0

The Heat have not exploded yet. I can tell you that much. We will just have to see what they do against the Mavs.

As for the ESPN favoring the Heat throughout... Are we watching the same ESPN games??? Because all I've heard throughout the season is harsh comments, negative criticism and a brick wall for the Heat. We were even getting upset because the commentators were saying "YES!" every time the Bulls scored, and they mocked "king james" when he missed the basket.

That idiot had to swallow his pride and admit that even though Rose made MVP this year, and well deserved because he had a great game throughout the season, LeBron proved today that he was a better player.

I think you are so deeply in hate with LeBron that you are only aware of the scarce support that the Heat have received. We surely haven't felt it down here in Miami, which makes this Eastern Conference win so delicious. The fact that no one believed and they still managed to make it this far.

1. profile image0

Careful Klara, you're starting to sound as bad as Shaq, when he used to brag how unstoppable his Lakers were. roll lol

It's definitely possible, as I don't know what time of the day you watch ESPN, or if you're watching the same sports shows like sportscenter, 1st and 10, jim rome, and others like I have been watching, as I find listening to different opinions gives you a much clearer perspective on things.  However, I think you might be thinking of the TNT commentators, as they're the ones that pretty much slammed the Heat; particularly Sir Charles Barkley.

In which case, I wouldn't pay him any attention.  He once called the Golden State Warriors a team full of midgets when they beat the Mavericks in the playoffs a few years back. 

I'll admit that you might have a point there about me being in hate with LeBron, as I did lose a lot of respect for the man for how he handled the whole off season.  However, you have to admit, they had the criticism coming as he arrogantly made a pompous a** out of himself, and he guaranteed they would win 7 titles and claimed it would be EASY once the season started.  Not only that, he didn't even bother thanking the fans of Cleveland or the organization for their support before moving to south Beach, or gave them plenty of ample time to prepare for life post-LeBron James. 

Then again, I know you're a Miami Heat fan, so you're opinion will obviously be biased towards them no matter what they say or do.  Therefore, in you're mind, you'll easily buy into the concept of the "us vs. the world" philosophy that the Heat are promoting.  It's easier for you psychologically to buy into Wade's whole pity party about "Woo as me, everyone wants us to lose."   

Look, I know I kid around calling James a Princess, Queen, Prince or whatever, but I do so in jest. And yes, I have lost a lot of respect for James as a person, but I do respect the hell out of him as a basketball player.  When I first saw James play in his first NBA game, he not only met the hype, he surpassed it that night.  However, he wasn't happy with putting up good stats, as he only cared that his team loss.  From that point on and watching him play, I always used to say that if there's one player who can surpass Michael Jordan as the greatest player to ever play the game...it would be LeBron James.  Have my feelings changed since then?  No, James still has the potential to get better, and I doubt we're seeing the best out of LeBron right now, as I do expect his game to grow thanks to the other star support on that team. 

Will I ever regain my respect for him as a person though?  As I said before, it'll be a while before my respect comes back for him, as I lost all respect for him personally.  He showed that he was classless person when he left Cleveland, and yes what Gilbert said was classless as well.  However, unlike LeBron, you can justify Gilbert's comments if you stop to think about it. 

Take for instance, you get offered a job to work at a prestigious private school, who offered you four times whatever you're making now.  Let's just say, you DON'T give your boss a two week notice, and you just wait until it's your first day at the private school, then you called up your boss at your old job and told them..."I quit, so I'm not coming to work today because I found a better job."  click.  How do you think you're boss would react to that?  Do you honestly think they would give you a good reference?  Or do you think they'd be mad about it?  It's the same damn thing, and I know other people out there agree with me and think it is the same thing.  Don't get me wrong, I still say that LeBron has the potential of being possibly the greatest player that ever played, but he's a jerk in my eyes, and I'll always feel that way about him.

Anyways, I do apologize if I'm coming off as a jerk right now, as that's clearly not my intention.  Besides, it's just a game anyway, so who cares who actually wins?  By the way, congratulations about having your Heat win, as they definitely proved to be better than advertised, and put many of their skeptics to bed...including this one.  However, as I said earlier in forums, they haven't won anything yet. wink

1. profile image0

lol Kisses, Steve! lol
                  You are not a jerk. I know that.
                  But here is the million dollar question:

Do you think Rose would be interested in joining the Heat next season? wink

1. profile image0

Aw thanks Klara, I love you too. wink

Well I think the bigger question is with this looming possible lockout after this season, and the possibility of a smaller salary cap, will the Heat even be able to afford ANYONE to come their team that's talented to join the big 3? wink

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've just started watching basketball.

How in hell can a human being throw a ball through a tiny net at that angle and at those distances?????

It looks like witchcraft to me!

1. profile image0

It's a Man thing... always trying to make his way through tiny cracks and diminutive holes. Figures!!! hmm

19. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

it was a meltdown on the part of the Bulls and James plus Wade came  to the rescue. The final minutes was handled well by Lebron, guess the Bulls players were tired towards the end!

1. profile image0

When you can't stand the heat, you meltdown. lol

Hi pretty! How have you been?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Klara. Am good, wow your team won, Congrats!

When you can't stand the Heat, go to alternative place - Dallas it is colder.

Women are hotter in Miami though, I'll go to Miami!

Only this time I am rooting for the Mavs! Sorry about that. I do believe in miracles this time, LOL!!

DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK DIRK

Guess G will index this forum post for DIRK< when you search DIRK.. DIRK, DIRK, DIRK... LOL

20. optimus grimlock profile image59

last night had to be the game with the most home cooking ever!!!!!! Every thing was called on the heat (o man wade farted foul) To make up for all the nit picky stuff they called against the heat they had to obviously bad calls against the bulls and the heat still beat the bulls and refs ha!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)