Do you still dream big?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Gabby G profile image67
    Gabby Gposted 12 years ago

Do you still have dreams and aspirations for your future, or have they been crushed by life?

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm still dreaming, even though I'm 35 years old, I still have it in me, and I know what I'm capable of achieving. smile

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm age 56 and young enough and old enough to beat out all pior dreams on a dream list that has been going on for 30 years in which 85% came true.

You fall down,
        you get up again,
        and you go round and round and round,

The song gose something like

2. Gabby G profile image67
      Gabby Gposted 12 years agoin reply to this

those are great answers. You're never to old to dream. Castlepaloma I've started a dream list as well. It's very encouraging to see them all written down.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

To be honest when I was younger, I used to dream big ALL THE TIME, as I always felt like I would be destined for great things.  Not to sound egotistical, as I'm fairly modest, but I always felt like I was capable of a lot of things when I was younger that it wasn't even funny.  Sadly, I was never exactly encouraged in any dream aspiration that i had growing up, as my family would often dismiss it as pure nonsense.  In fact quite the opposite, as most of my dreams were never encouraged.  Growing up with hardly any friends to support me like my brother, it really didn't help me at all. 

As I know when I was younger, I wanted to be originally work on comic books, since I used to create my own little fantasy stories all the time as a child.  However, my art teachers never thought I was good, and my parents would say it was a waste of paper.  Not that I would ever try to get back into that now, as the burning desire to create stories no longer exists within me.  Sure, I'll draw some of my old characters once in a while for fun, but I have no yearning to create anymore stories for them. 

Nah, I think I'm probably a lot more better evaluating art than I am at creating it anyway.  At least, that's what I think.  lol 

Anyways, to get back on point here, do I still dream big?  Not exactly.  I try to fight the battles that I know that I can win these days.  Sure, I try to dream big, but most of my dreams are more realistic and feasible goals.  Not the outlandish that I could literally be anything that i want dreams that I had as a child.  No, that part of me doesn't exist anymore, as I try to think of things realistically as possible; while hoping for the best. 

Although I must say that I'm a lot more mellow about things than I used to be.  When I was younger, I'd always get nervous about almost anything, but now I'm more of a laid back person that likes to keep things on the down low...if that makes sense.  lollol  Besides, life is way too short to allow all the small stuff to get ya.

1. Gabby G profile image67
        Gabby Gposted 12 years agoin reply to this

dude thats not egotistical to dream big. I sincerly  believe everyone was born for greatness.

"We need to remain child-like... Children don't dream of being insignificant" -Bill Johnson

4. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ummmmm........

hmm:

5. profile image0
      fit2dayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As I've gotten older, my dreams have gotten smaller, but I like to aspire to bigger and better things, because dreaming gives me drive and motivation

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

My dreams and aspirations have changed over time. These days I love being with my whole family, and understand how lucky I am to be with them.
    Aspirations now? To continue enjoying what I have. smile

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

My wife and I had a dream of touring the US in our retirement, but that has been crushed by the recession and the failing job market.

At the same time, both of my children now live near us (or will in a couple of months) and I hope that they continue to do so. I may have a retirement full of children and grandchildren that I can see every week instead of once or twice a year.  It will more than make up for the loss of travel.

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...of course i still have dreams and aspirations...figure I always will...some change/evolve...some realized...more to come

5. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

I aspire to be married again, this time to the right girl, I aspire for one more child and dream of still being alive to see him/her graduate.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile...that's nice...can I come to the wedding?...I promise I'll be good....

6. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

Totally. All the time. I still think I'm going to be a huge novelist someday. I'm funny. I'm honest. I care. Why would I stop thinking those things matter and that hard work will pay off?

I dream of being and old ass bastard hanging out with my same wife of so many years, reflecting on having at least gotten a lot of it right despite the mistakes.

I admit to still dreaming that Keira Knightley is going to show up while my wife is taking a shower and the two of them are going to go off on each other and eventually invite me in to it, but I also admit that I am not wholly committed to the statistical likelihood of that dream as it compares to the other two.

I think I will put on my dream list...now,

Set up Dream Work Shop

For many who have too many broken dreams or one's who just want a kick in the butt to get started.

Rule number One
      Make your DREAMS Big enough, that it matters
      Small enough, you can handle.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I won't toss in any links or whatever, but I can tell you that Franklin-Covey is a system that makes dreams happen in just the way you suggest. I'm not an affiliate, I'm not going to link anything, but dreams can come true, and that system, those courses help. At least they have for me. Three degrees, three novels, some health goals, even a hand made shirt of chainmail. It's out there.  Dreams are the net result of focus and effort. They are the beginning and the end, the bread around a meat sandwich of discipline, strategy and effort.

7. wheelinallover profile image76
    wheelinalloverposted 12 years ago

Who has time to dream? Dreams are 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration, that is the phase I am in now. Mr Edison said it right when he said "with every failure I learned what didn't work" I would like to believe I am a lot like him. He kept going until he got it totally right. Now I work myself to exhaustion every night and go nights with no sleep at all. Which brings us back to "who has time to dream?".

Edison actually said 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Dreams have interpreted over 5200 keywords and symbols and over 20000 different meanings. We start with an Inspiration: Goals then move more work which is the Dreams plan and waking dream thinking, or day dreams.
      Three Secret Motivational Methods of Thomas Edison•
      “Maintaining A Dream
      • Learning From Failure
      • Managing Time

You can't realize your dreams unless you have one to begin with." Thomas Edison’s dream was to provide every American household with affordable electric power

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)