How do i change my ad positions on Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (24 posts)
  1. labnol profile image61
    labnolposted 12 years ago

Hi, i am new on hubpages & have posted 3 hubs.

While posting my last hub & i did some mistake & right side ad just below the title has disappeared. In my 1st post [http://labnol.hubpages.com/hub/Best-CPM-Sites-with-required-impressions-minimum-Payout], you can see ad on the right side but in my last post [http://labnol.hubpages.com/hub/NOVO-7-First-Tablet-With-Android-OS-v-40-Ice-Cream-Sandiwich] there is no ad on the right ide of the text.

Can someone pls explain me how can i get back my right side AD ?

Thanks

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't view your hubs but you could move the pictures more down and then the ad will move up. You can control the pictures from the edit option and move the capsules down

1. labnol profile image61
        labnolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope. There is no picture in my last hub. <link snipped>

You call that a hub!! lol
          No wonder you have no ads!! tongue you could try making your hubs have more content you know.

It's amazing how you got ads on your let it snow hub! The other hub looks decent.

2. labnol profile image61

My question is about the AD placement and if you know nothing about how to solve my problem, you better shut your mouth. I don't want you to rate the my HUB.

Hey Iabno - Be sure to read the instructions and everything here, I did nothing to your hubs never rated them. Just told you the truth. I'll remember never in my life to help you ever again no matter what you ask. Hope you found what you needed

2. psycheskinner profile image82
              psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One thing you need to learn is that being hostile and saying nasty things to people isn't going to make a good impression. There was nothing rude in the advice you were given and this is a discussion forum where anyone can join in.  If you don't like their advice, just ignore it.

Thanks psycheskinner I was actually wondering whether what I said was wrong - it was just advice so that he could improve on his hubs - it was for his own good afterall.

2. maxravi profile image44
          maxraviposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess you are a new hubber.I would suggest you to ready documents in the help section.get yourself familiar with HP.you need to add more and useful content.Hope that helps.

Ya do some keyword research as well if you really wish to earn.

@maxRavi:
            Can we add ADS into the layout the way we ad 'text' Or 'picture'. ?
            I am not sure what mistake i did but  that particular ad place is not coming into my next hubs. That was a great positions to keep ads.

They come automatically - you can't change position. Click preview hub on the top when you are creating a hub to see where your ads appear

2. maxravi profile image44
              maxraviposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wouls suggest you to add some more content and try again. see if it works!

3. sofs profile image75
              sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The ads spaces are the way the site has designed them to appear, you cannot manipulate their position... You may want to read up the FAQ and  the learning center topics ..and it would be good to know the rules around the place..
              No links on the forums except in extreme makeover..
              Rudeness to other hubbers could  be reported and have you banned for personal attack..
              Being new here you may want to follow the etiquette of the forum interaction.

1. kannanwrites profile image92
                kannanwritesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

Yep...your are right.
                I just need to ad proper formats & ad comes automatically.

I made some changes & it is working now.

Thank you all.

3. lobobrandon profile image88

Sof's thanks for explaining the rules to this guy when I wasn't here.  This guy really made me get ****** off as it's the first bad experience I've had here on HP.

1. sofs profile image75
                  sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is just a matter of breaking in... people settle in quickly smile You need to develop a thick skin or just get in and get out diplomatically from conversation... if you are sensitive... it happens.. smile Cheers!! smile big_smile

I'm actually sensitive but getting it from strangers isn't a prob smile lol

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

In general, sometimes it's a waste of time coming to the forums. It really is at times. sad

@OP,

If you would like to change the "block ad" layout/position, then you need to manipulate your hub's layout via text capsules and pictures.

The original placement for the "block ad" that Google Adsense puts on your hub is in the upper right hand corner. Next to it, you will have a text capsule on the left side and another ad on the far right.

If you want to move the "block ad" then you need to make sure there isn't enough text in the text capsule to trigger the ad at that location or you can use a picture in the upper right corner, which automatically bumps the "block ad" down to it's next position.

Now, this can be tricky because the "block ad" is solely triggered based on the amount of text in the first and every following text capsule. If you put in enough text in the text capsules, for example let's say that you put in 30 lines of written text, then you can put a picture next to it and still have the "block ad" line up with your first text capsule.

The hub in question- you put a picture in the upper right hand corner, which automatically pushed your "block ad" downward into your hub. But since your first text capsule had more than enough text written in it, then the "block ad" continued to line up directly under the picture.

This is something you will need to play with and learn about further. I hope you get it worked out.

3. labnol profile image61
    labnolposted 12 years ago

So much has been written and discussed about  me & my Hubs. sad

1st of all, i just needed an Advice regarding the missing ad placement which i finally sorted with help of few good hubbers. Thanks Guys, you are awesome.

2ndly, My friend Lobobrandon took so much of EFFORTS in explaining that my hubs are not content rich (which i really agree & i am working on them)
    I am new on hubpages, it has been just 30 hours when i joined the hupages. Give me some time.

Nobody is perfect. It takes sometime to learn & understand the things.

I particularly didn't like the comment ' You call that a hub!' &'No wonder you have no ads!!'.
    for me those were 'insulting' comments so reacted . Sorry for being rude.

@SOFS: dont you think the scale of rudeness applies for  when you use *** words? yikes

@psycheskinner : I agree with you. I didn't react about the motive of the comments but just could not digest the way he said that. :-/

@Cagsil: Thanks you,  the ads are back & i am happy. Thanks thanks thanks...:-) tongue

@Lobobrandon:
    I understand that what you were saying was for my good but just didn't like the way you said that. yikes
    BTW
    I am on Google ad sense forum from last 2 years & i have answered more than thousand questions & i know forum ethics & etiquette . We never discourage any newbie & just  try give him polite suggestion in making things better for him.  Don't you think your comments were discouraging ?

anyways Thanks. I respect that you tried helping me.

@ Everyone: Happy Hubbing. have a lovely day ahead.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

2. lobobrandon profile image88

No I didn't mean it that way. I just told you to add more content to them if you wanted google traffic afterall that's the main goal isn't it smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)