Interracial Dating/Marriage

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (27 posts)
  1. pelt545 profile image38
    pelt545posted 12 years ago

What do you like about interracial dating and marriage? What do you dislike about it?

Show pictures, concerns, or anything else explaining how you feel about two people of different races (e.g. black man and white woman or white man and black woman) being together.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5801334_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5801342_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing wrong with interracial dating and marriage, as long as it's about love, not a political statement or social agenda.

1. LookingForWalden profile image60
        LookingForWaldenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even if it is why would you care?

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't. And the people in the photo look like a beautiful, very natural couple!
          But the reason of the author of this thread leaves a lot to be desired.  Namely, I bet either spouse who found out later that they were only a "token" husband or wife would be rather upset.

2. Ratke-Rani profile image61
      Ratke-Raniposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't see anything wrong with it. I myself am in an interracial marriage and we have created one BEAUTIFUL little guy (so many people ask me if I've ever considered entering him into child modeling.) 

One thing I can say, however, is if the two are from severely differing cultures (such as in my case), it takes a butt-load of work, effort, understanding, patience, and compromise to keep the relationship happy and healthy- I think more-so than two people from similar backgrounds. IT'S NOT EASY. But if you two REALLY love each-other, then it is SO WORTH IT.   big_smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6025920_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6025990_f248.jpg

3. profile image58
      WhoBeYouBeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is only one race... it is the Human Race.

We may have differing ethnicities and ciltures... but we are all the same race.

The color of your skin is irrelevant.

Really...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6026029.jpg

The four Durrant girls, two sets of mixed race twins.

See, absolutely irrelevant.

Gee I wonder who gets to use affirmative action in this family?

2. vintageglamour profile image60
    vintageglamourposted 12 years ago

i've only ever dated outside my race...not sure why

all love is beautiful though

3. Alecia Murphy profile image72
    Alecia Murphyposted 12 years ago

I think that when two people fall in love and really have in mind being there for each other despite all the struggles, it should be celebrated not instigated by outside forces.
    That being said even within my generation (Y 20s-early 30s), so many people hold on to notions of race and identity that were instilled by their parents, that it becomes hard for them to have a view that isn't influenced by their parents.
    I've grown up around different people and have never really viewed color as an impetus to relationships. I've had great friendships across races and if I fall in love with a guy of another race, I'm not going to feel ashamed about it.
    When you fall in love, it's a special and powerful thing and letting what society says dictate it is sad but true. It's going to take a long time for our culture to see love without the barriers of color, but hopefully it will happen.

4. dashingscorpio profile image82
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

First of all I'm a little tired of people thinking that interracial dating consists of two races! (Black & White). A black man dating a latino or an Asian woman dating a white man is just as much interracial dating as a black and white person dating in my opinion.
    Being a black man who has dated mulitple races of people I don't think it's a big deal. I could also care less about who someone else dates. Life is a personal journey! Each and everyone of us is responsible for our own happiness!

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

When I was a single man, I was rejected by women of different races equally...

but Asian ladies were usually more polite about it.... either that, or I just didn't understand the words "Go to Hell" when spoken in Cantonese

6. profile image0
    V Qisyaposted 12 years ago

I don't mind interracial dating and marriage. Absolutely, nothing wrong with that big_smile

7. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

I guess I'm the ultimate equal opportunity dater.  Skin color has never really been an issue with me... or course the innie-outie thing really isn't either.  I fall in love with the person, not with any of the stuff going on with their body.

8. collinsdon profile image61
    collinsdonposted 12 years ago

colour means nothing when it comes to love,i will like to date interracial

9. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 12 years ago

Love is love smile. The day people take that on board 100% and stop hating on others because their race or gender doesn't match their personal idea of what love is, we will be in a much better place. I judge people based on their ignorance, not on their love for another. What a terrible thing it is to hate the fact that one person loves another.

10. rainbowbutterfly profile image61
    rainbowbutterflyposted 12 years ago

Love knows no boundaries as long as it is true . Nothing is wrong with interracial  dating or marriage as long as there is no hidden intention about it .I have several friends who are happily married and they are the result of interracial marriages. Race and culture differences  will never be a factor of any real and sincere dating .

11. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

Interacial dating , marriage , love, is that like an Irish girl and a Frenchman?
    What is race actually , what does it mean to you? If you hold no prejudiced feelings you wouldn't even see a difference in "races"! Hmmm?

12. perfectperception profile image61
    perfectperceptionposted 12 years ago

I knew someone who said she liked what liked her.  Race had no bearing on her decisions to date someone but the way they treated her did.  At the time, I was extremely close minded but that impacted me and also taught me to be a little more open-minded.  I'm happy today because I took it to heart.

13. Michele Travis profile image67
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

My grandmother was French and my grandfather was Cuban.  My mom was just a little bit dark, but my dad was as white as snow.  But, that is not my question.  How about short and tall?  Is short and tall ok?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I spent several years with a Filipino-American man who was no less than half a foot shorter than me.  We weren't suited to each other, but not for reasons of appearance.

1. Michele Travis profile image67
        Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is wonderful you are so honest.  Many people are not that honest.  Good for you!  I am just a short one asking the question..I am 4'11'' and my hubby is  6'4''

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
          Maddie Ruudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why? Am I supposed to be embarrassed for dating a shorter man? wink

1. Michele Travis profile image67
            Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope,  as long as I tell people how short I am....or is it too embarrassing to be as small as me  tongue

1. Ratke-Rani profile image61
              Ratke-Raniposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that is embarrassing. I'm short and proud of it! My Hubby is short too (5' 2") although he IS taller than me (4'11"). Power to the "um-pa-lumpas" of the world!

14. SuperBunny88 profile image60
    SuperBunny88posted 12 years ago

I don't believe in any race other than the human one.  Race is a societal construct hinged on controlling the masses and the unconscious rather than a genetic and rational one when one considers that genes trace themselves to "African Eve."  I do, however, believe in different ethnicity/culture because this is focused on geography and community rather than misinterpretations of current genetics and science.

That being said, I am the product of a fair skinned mother with green/blue eyes who doesn't consider herself "White" and a dark skinned father.  Between the two, I have French, German, Portuguese, indigenous American, African, and much more in my ancestral line.  I have first cousins who are blond and blue eyed and fair skinned.  I have first and second cousins who are of a tan complexion and grey eyes and dirty blond hair.  I have direct relatives who look like they are from Spain, and I have some family who look like they are from Senegal.  I have a cousin who is half Hawaiian...One of my best friends just got married and looks like the couple in your picture...Needless to say, it has taught me the beauty of all different types of people.  I didn't grow up seeing this "color" nonsense.  I don't think that too many conscious people would say otherwise...  Besides, when you are a child of one of these unions (like Halle Berry, President Barack Obama, Jason Momoa, Mariah Carey), it really seems silly to have to always explain to people what "race" you are...  hmm

15. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6026048_f248.jpg
    Life is so unpredictable, you never know what's best for you.

16. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

So I'm sitting on a jury selection the other day and all kinds of questions were asked of us .  After all the hand raising , the answers of the potential jurors  and the questioning .....The attorneys asked."Do you think that will affect your judgement negatively in this trial"?.....Everyone said No!   Wouldn't it be nice if the question of race , of judgements of love or of relationships of any kind at all......didn't even have to be asked?  Morgan Freeman was asked in an interview once "what should we do about Race in todays society ?" ......And he answered ,in his own unique voice  "We've got to stop talking about it ".........

17. profile image52
    think-erposted 12 years ago

I think nothing wrong with that. but it requires hard work for same race couples to have healthy marriage and interracial couples need to do extra hard work. It is not about color. It is about how different their backgrounds are: culture, religion, and etc. Some things that are normal for one cannot be the same for another especially if they are coming from two different parts of the world. I am Asian dating Latino. It is a lot of work but I am know it is worth it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)