Ads Disabled: How Long Before a Manual Review?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

I created a Hub three weeks ago upon which the ads were immediately disabled by the automatic filter. I checked the Help pages, where it states that manual reviews of these Hubs do happen.

I wondered, however, if anyone knows how long it is likely to be before this takes place, as the Hub is obviously not in a position to generate revenue as it stands?

Thanks for any indication anyone can give me.

1. Hyphenbird profile image83
      Hyphenbirdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It might have been reviewed already and the ads may be permanently disabled. I have 3 Hubs with ads disabled due to subject matter. One is child abuse, one is about abortion and the third is a true story about a slave who killed the "master" who raped her. What is the subject matter of your Hub? If you believe in it, you can just leave the Hub published without earning revenue. My child abuse Hub receives more traffic than any other one I have.
      Send an email to the moderators. When I asked them about mine, the response was quick and courteous.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image67
    Peter Hogganposted 12 years ago

Hi Gordon, A few days ago I noticed that ads had been disabled one of my hubs. I emailed HP staff and ads were enabled within 24 hours.

3. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Gordon, I have a hub that tripped the auto filter a few months ago.  I emailed Hubpages explaining the situation, so upon moderator's review, the ads were enabled.  It must have taken 2-3 days.. I can't remember for sure.  But every time I edited the hub, it kept on tripping the auto filter so I had to email HP again, but after the initial review, ads would be enabled within 24 hrs.

Have you emailed HP and explained your situation?

4. Gordon Hamilton profile image95

Thanks, Hyphenbird, Peter and Rosie.

The Hub in question is about food but I know myself (I think!) why it has probably triggered the filters, even though my Hub is perfectly innocent.

I did think about e-mailing the team but thought this forum was maybe the best option to try in the first instance, as I have seen reference to how busy moderators and other staff are at the moment in reviewing Hubs.

If things are the same next week, I'll try the e-mail option.

Thanks again.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image67
      Peter Hogganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, mine was about cock-a-leekie soup. I edited it to remove the hyphens... I guess I don't have to explain why the ads were suspended.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol No, Peter - you don't. Different word in my case, similar scenario. I can personally vouch for having been familiar with that soup since childhood, if it helps smile

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image95

Have just noticed that ads have been enabled on my Hub.

Thanks to whomever for your help.

6. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Last night my hub on another account tripped the filter.. I just changed the words a little and tweaked the title..it just went away... there are ways to get out of this mess.. the mods are good...they do get back within 24 hours... but this being the weekend your wait may be longer.

7. Flint54 profile image41
    Flint54posted 12 years ago

The ads were disabled on one of my hubs yesterday, it is about pedophiles and child sexual abuse. I thought maybe it is a sensitive subject here so unpublished it. Is it a subject better not to talk about or is it better to write about and make the public aware of such issues? I'm a bit confused. Also will the ads come back on my site if I republish it and email the admin? thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)