Giving hubs a higher chance of being shared

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

I've already mentioned this point in the new design topic; but, it may have gone unnoticed. Since we do have a lot of blank space on the left corner of the page why not add sharing buttons on the left rather than on the top?

When you read something would you know if its good before actually reading it?? - Then why are these options on top?

If you place it on the left and make it static (Or whatever you call it) just like http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-574161 … =cnetRiver where the share options move along as you scroll it would make a huge difference and there would be more sharing and hence more traffic.

At present the HP useful, awesome and the like are in the prominent place - I guess it would determine the hub score? But, isn't traffic more important and isn't that what HP is trying to get with the new designs?

Also, when it comes to Google search the G+ button is very useful especially if the person who shares it has a huge following.

2. American_Choices profile image77
    American_Choicesposted 12 years ago

I like this idea - it gives a great view of the popularity. However, IF possible, if a hub is new or has only been viewed internally, perhaps this could be disabled?

I sometimes don't promote my hubs until I have enough input from fellow hubbers. IF I did things in a perfect linear fashion, I would create a tickle file to revamp each hub after it has been searched and update the keywords and the seo terms based upon the readers search terms.

I give the idea a big thumbs up IF we can keep that area blank for a new hub to have a chance for popularity.

lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad that you liked it. American Choices if you'd notice there already are FB like, G+ and Twitter in addition to the new Pinterest buttons at the very beginning of the hub no matter whether they're new or old. So, this wouldn't be any different just that it will be more prominent and the visitor can share anytime during their read rather than scrolling all the way back up to do so (not many will scroll up).

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

This is something they are working on.  In fact, I think I saw it on one of the hubs where the share button was fixed so you saw it as you scrolled down the page.

Oh cool if that's the case then that's awesome. I suggested this at the very beginning i.e. when the Fashion layout was changed. This would be a great feature and it would help cover up the blank space on the left as well smile Or it could even be fixed on the top or right. But, acc to me the left or right works best in terms of looks. Since the right is already occupied and is being used - I picked the left.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's here on this hub:

http://tammyswallow.hubpages.com/hub/Wh … -About-You

You have a choice of liking it, tweeting it and pinning it on the right. Just scroll down and you will see it stays there.

Yes, that's what I wanted to see. Just as in this hub. I guess it's implemented on Fashion Hubs smile Thanks for pointing it out wink

2. molometer profile image80
      molometerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The buttons were there for a while. Where has everything else gone on the right hand panel. No ads running or authors hubs at the moment. I assume they will turn up sometime?

4. molometer profile image80
    molometerposted 12 years ago

Hi Millionaire Tips, I checked one of my technology hubs and the right hand panel is empty? Tammy's hub is on the fashion topic section. Maybe they haven't finished the technology sections yet?
    There are no share buttons either?
    Take a look

http://molometer.hubpages.com/hub/Use-S … igent-Tool

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A new design for technology Hubs is being tested.  I recommend you follow the HubPages blog as that seems to be where the earliest pre-implementation announcements get posted.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/04/techno … sign-test/

1. molometer profile image80

Thanks Relache will do

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Ya check the forum too, there's lots going on regarding the tech hubs. Minor tweaks will be made and things are going to be tested out.

1. molometer profile image80

Thanks Lobo.

5. molometer profile image80
    molometerposted 12 years ago

Just checked it. Looks pretty cool to me.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)