Is Suing the Devil Is till Popular Today ?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image30
    suingthedevilposted 11 years ago

This Movie has been released in 2011. It is a very compelling movie about exposing the lies of the devil & our authority over the power of the enemy thru Jesus! It did not a bit watered down the message of the Gospel! Brave!!!I noticed that every scene is just packed with messages from the Holy Spirit! I said 'Brave!' because this film is up and against the devil! Yes, like face to face to the enemy!
    I love what Malcom McDowell said in the movie -"Everyday people die. And they are not really dead! …There is only 2 places, they are either alive in heaven or alive in hell! You pick!” WOW!
    I personally matured more spiritually after watching this film. This is a great tool for evangelism! So I am buying for everyone I know who needs to be saved and mature in their Christian walk! !” Looking forward for more radical films like this !

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haven't seen the movie, but will try to remember and rent it.  Sounds great! smile

2. profile image30

if u want to see its trailer i can send u llinks

3. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

@ts m waiting for suing the god ....it would be all time blockbuster...

4. profile image30
    1. profile image0

I googled the trailer.  Might be a good movie, I dunno!  Maybe similar to "The Devil's Advocate"?

Actually, if people in America (or anywhere) would stop letting the Devil into their minds, hearts, and homes, there'd be no need to "sue" him at all;  he would be smacked back into his dark hole where Christ put him long ago.  He got God-smacked royally long ago.  It's the fault of people if they let him in now.

5. jacharless profile image76
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

LMEO!

2012+ years of salvation and folks are still more interested/concerned about this "devil" than they are the fruit of the Spirit { that now is supposedly sending illuminati-like coded messages through -of all places- Hollywood }. This is the Spirit -who is Creator~ruach that made all things you're speaking of, right? Good job on that one!

Deaf bodies; numb minds; blind spirits...

1. profile image0

2012+ years of offered Salvation, yes.  Many people still will not accept that Gift (and some haven't been witnessed to about it).   So, James, there is still the need for pointing out the wiles of the Devil, spreading the Good News of the Gospel, how Jesus died on a Cross for the sins of mankind.   You'd do well to remember those facts, instead of skipping over them for the sake of appearing "enlightened".

1. jacharless profile image76
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

98% of the day -according to the stats- Christians are concerned about the "devil", the ways of the world {money, politics, evils -because of this "devil"}, battling this "devil", talking about this "devil" and reading their bible looking for details about this "devil" {apparently, with salvation recognition comes extreme boredom and the need to battle/war with unproven enemies} than they do remotely considering the spiritual reunification that happened called heaven-earth, aka the KOG/H.

No skipping here, love. My feet ARE actually shod with the gospel of Peace, not the "doctrines about demons & devils".

Even so, if the entire "road to salvation" remotely concerns even "dealing" with this "devil", then the Key Note speaker himself, whom most Christians appear to worship more than the Father, should manifest for you folks already and fill you in on his "wiles". Absentee CEO's, though, what can you do? lol.

Still love ya, though.

1. profile image0

I don't think you know the Christians that I know.  I don't know anyone who thinks the road to Salvation goes through the Devil.  The Adversary is, however, very real.   If you mean that some Christians spend too much time talkin' about how to cast out the Devil, then you may be right about that.   But who are you to say that anyway, since you're the one who I've seen time after time try to dismiss the value of the Crucifixion?   Why don't you talk about the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

Oh, contrare mon ami. I do not devalue the Cross, nor the Work.
            I simply continue emphasizing something exceedingly, wonderfully, glorious that happened AFTER THE {old rugged} CROSS, which IS, WAS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE CROSS !!!!! {sorry to shout} the resurrection/restoration/salvation of ALL THINGS to the Father -the way those things were before Adam "oops".

smile

this ministry is to edify the believing, whether or not they "like" it on facebook.
            furthermore, "Jesus, didn't walk around talking about himself or telling everyone to walk around talking about him. But I specifically/distinctly recall him saying something about his Abba -the Creator...

1. profile image0

Have you not read the book of John?

And...Jesus provided the Way for reconciliation, yes.  His work was Perfect.  But mankind is still nowhere near perfect.
              If everything including mankind has been restored to pre-sin Garden status, and if that status is one of "reconciliation" as you say, then...we'd still have the two Trees in the Garden, still have the rule that God gave Adam & Eve (don't eat from that specific Tree), still have free will to disobey God and reach out and grab the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, or to reach out and grab of the Tree of Life (which Adam and Eve apparently didn't think of that because they were distracted by the Devil), etc.   
              Do we still have that scenario?  Are we "restored" to that scenario?
              I would say yes, except for one little fact-------God banished us (mankind) from the Garden.  We are NOT "restored", "reconciled", as a whole.  Some of us are, Christians, but that's a status we can give up if we decide we're wicked enough to do so, or are unable to resist the Devil's wiles.   If we're "reconciled" already, then we're back in the Garden, but starting over just as if the Cross never happened.  Well, the Cross did happen, mankind sinned and was banished, and yet you seem to be saying that mankind has no sin anymore.  We do have sin.
              People are always talkin' about how God's gonna let us Believers live "in the Garden" again.   Who wants to live in the Garden again?  NOT me.  I want to live in the heaven with the Lord!  But that will not happen until after I die physically.   Reconciliation is a future thing for whoever's still physically alive today.  Just as Salvation is something we have to keep striving for ultimately.   Sorry, James, but your theory of free will/free choice, etc., dismisses the basic fact that people are fallible as long as we live, and that we need to always remember the event at the Cross where the only Perfect Man gave everyone the opportunity to be saved.

That is a rhetorical question, isn't it? That was funny. big_smile

We do have two trees in the Garden -always did, always will. NEVER did Creator remove the Trees. neither of them. Instead, he removed man from that stasis {garden}. That makes a very huge difference. He is not intending to cut man off from knowledge. He did not -and does not- want man to be a slave to the knowledge genetically given him. no, instead Creator wants man to enjoy the knowledge of Life, while his mind does what it was meant to do -process that information between spirit-body; heaven-earth.

The 'sword of fire', kept mankind from eating of the Tree of Life, after having eaten of the Tree of Knowledge. For this purpose: that man might be restored and the effect of that Knowing be removed, not live forever {that is death/hell/grave/pit/sheol}. So temporarily man was cut off from the Tree of Life.

But now, having one {Y`shua} who came and did prove that restoration, being the second Adam, all things are now freely given, and the Tree of Life accessible to all who put Spirit first. And as that Spirit -which is Creator-ruach- feeds that light of life within each one, so they are transformed, body, mind and spirit into that same image even the image of the firstborn of Life. Yes, even to this we remember the Passover.

Therefore, no man need worry or strain for their place among the Living, as the dead strain even while they are alive. The burden of proof is each person & in each person, who proclaims, by evidence of their testimony -meaning that tangible Life in their mortal flesh, their right thinking and perfect shining of spirit- that they are indeed brothers/sisters in Life; the offspring -the heaven-earth- and constant manifest glory of Life, which was mankind long before the foundations of the world were laid out.

Water is now the burden each one carries. Yes, the most refreshing water, that quenches all fire, all dis-ease and heals all and any disease.
                Light is now the weight each carries. Yes, Light which is the glory of the Creator that cannot be contained, that gives life even to dead things.

You say extreme. I say inevitable fact.
                This was the purpose of the Work: that you {plural} may live Life without restriction or condition. Transformed from Choice to Free Will.
                Why? Because Choice IS the Tree Of Knowledge. Free Will IS the Tree of Life. The bridge is Grace, crossed only by practical faith -not hearsay {he said, or she said; peter said, paul said, etc}

Sure, maybe/definitely you {plural} were fallible, but that has sinced changed -and not by science or religion or voo-doo, woo-doo mysticism, mediocre meditation-mind melding, bible-babbling, repetitive name invocation. But rather by the simple, real, practical and inexplicable consummation with Life, as exemplified by Y`shua for all to see.

James.

grr, now you got me preachin` little lady. No one has done that in a very long time. So, hats off to ya. lol

1. profile image0

Oh?
                  Well, I love to hear me some good preachin'.  I'm sittin' in the AMEN corner waiting to hear some, though.  So far, I can't AMEN it.  Not that you aren't smart, but I perceive that you are altogether too....not superstitious, but.....analytical perhaps....

Your words attempt to impersonalize God.  I hear nor see any emotional attachment.   God is Spirit, yes, and intangible since Jesus ascended back to Heaven.  But intangible doesn't always mean impersonal and unemotional.  God's Love is emotional.  His anger is emotional.  His Salvation, while a concrete thing, is also based on the emotional aspect of God.  His Judgement, while also set in stone in eternity, is partly emotional.

I think of your views as an attempt to channel God, to bring Him under your microscope for dissection and analysis.   Where is your heartfelt horror at the suffering Christ endured for you?   Where is your gratitude, your praise?   Do you ever dance like David did in awe of His great power and empathy?   Do you ever cry with joy at the knowledge that He Loves you so much that He sent Jesus to die so your sins could be atoned for?   Do you ever kneel at His feet?    That's something I've seen preachers do less and less of during this last 30 years of church attendance and watching preachers on tv and off tv----they want to wield the power of God without having to kneel at His feet or show real emotional gratitude toward Him. 

They want acknowledgement for their "wisdom" but don't wanna attribute any of it to God.

I've seen it mostly in preachers who've gone through some type of school to learn to preach.   They may gain knowledge, but not always understanding.  They may know facts, but fail to interpret some of the Bible properly.  They are different from my father, who had no formal training, but whose spirit was so close to God's Spirit that he would do an altar call at every service, with feeling, not with impersonal attitude.  He was a preacher.  He was a man of God.  He had a burden for lost souls, knowing that this is serious emotional business.  Eternal Life hangs in the balance.  His generation had that. At least, many preachers had that.  Where did that go in this generation?  Many have left their first Love (Jesus) and opted to vie for popularity and power.

I'm not sayin' you're like that.  I'm asking are you like that?  Tell me you cry sometimes at the very thought of how wonderfully Loving God is.  Then I might have a bit of freedom to think you're actually walkin' the road to Emmaeus with the disciples instead of tryin' to put Him on a table and prognosticate about Him like he's the sun instead of the Son.

I still love you too.  With the Love of God.  I love everyone's soul, just as God does.  But God knows you personally, just as He knows me, while we do not personally know each other.  His Love is an emotional thing as well as an analytical thing.  We're saying the same thing, except that I really don't want to see your soul in torment, just as I don't want to see anyone's soul in torment.   You're trying to avoid that issue by saying everyone is already saved.  Not so.  If it were so, there would've never been any need for Christ to die on the Cross in the first place.

When mankind recognizes their sins, there should be sorrow (an emotion plus knowledge);  when mankind understands that Christ died for them, there should be awed joy and thankfulness (emotion plus fact).  Tell me you Love my soul like God does and that you don't want to see my soul exist in hell for eternity.  Then, I might believe that you Love me.  Tell me that you'll sacrifice your time and money just in the hope of seeing even one person born again.  Tell me you want to see everyone recognize and worship Jesus humbly.  Then, I might believe that you know who God is and how His mind works.

Mankind is still fallible, will remain fallible as long as we physically live on this earth.  God, however, was and is and will always be Perfect.
                  Our church world today seems to have predominantly taken the road of unemotional "decision-making" when it comes to receiving Christ.   It is indeed a decision!  But not an unemotional one.

Oye, now I understand why he said to his closest, "Are you still that dense, after everything you have heard and seen? Don't you get it yet?"

As said before, Brenda, sometimes you make me tired.
                    smile

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
                Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Brenda on the subject of reconciliation, I don't think Paul agrees with you

Romans 5:10
                For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Noticed that we WERE reconciled before we became God's friend, NOT afterwards as a condition that you apply to salvation.

1. profile image0

Then why does Paul say in 2Corinthians 5: 19,20, that there's the need to spread the Gospel, that we're to be ambassadors for Christ, and to "pray you in Christ's stead (pray for) people?

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto then; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us;  we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God."

God provided the Way to become reconciled.  People still have to accept the Way.  And indeed, reconciliation is the bringing back together.  It doesn't make a person guiltless.  It simply makes them pardoned, no matter whether they're guilty or not.  Someone (Jesus) took the punishment in our place, paid the price.  Now we have the opportunity to escape eternal punishment if we accept that offer.  Righteousness will be "imputed" to us when we realize Jesus paid the price and we accept Him as Lord.  We don't have that righteousness yet, because we're not Jesus.  We're simply counted righteous when and if we receive that righteousness into our hearts.  For we don't have any righteousness on our own.  It is Jesus's righteousness that counts.

Also consider the account of the two thieves in Luke 23: 39-43:

"And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying 'If thou be the Christ, save thyself and us.'

But the other answering rebuked him, saying 'Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.'

And he said unto Jesus, 'Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.'

And Jesus said unto him, 'Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.'"

Which thief accepted the offer of reconciliation (being with Jesus in "paradise")?   One did not.  If he had, don't you think the account would be recorded as Jesus turning toward that thief also and reassuring him that HE also would be with Him in paradise?   Surely.

So.  It is not our righteousness that reconciles us to God.  Nor are we automatically reconciled because Jesus died on the Cross.   There remains a thing called choice.  One must recognize that we humans are not righteous at all, but that Christ was and is righteous, and we must make a conscious choice to receive the Gift that's offered to us.

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 11 years ago

P.S.
    If you will, and if you know anything about it, (since you're in Hollywood, right?  Or at least have some knowledge of that life?)....what are the stars who claim to be born-again like?   Like Stephen Baldwin.  What do you hear or see about how being born-again is perceived by those famous people?  Are they under the blood of Christ, or are they buying into the popular notion that God is an impersonal being?

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Suing the Devil is really hard. He never answers the summons, and all of the process servers disappear.

1. profile image0

You mean he runs away with his tail between his legs?  Indeed, sometimes he does.  lol

7. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

You can't sue the devil, he owns all the lawyers.

8. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 11 years ago

There is more on this subject too.

Paul, in Philippians 3: 8-21, expounds upon the idea of what "attaining" means.  Verses 11, 12, 13-16 specifically tell us that Paul had not attained to salvation yet!  He kept "press(ing) toward the mark for the prize (ultimate salvation)of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

He says in verse 16 to "nevertheless, ((to the degree that we have already attained)) meaning to the realization that we do have and the strength that we have gotten, "let us walk by the same rue, let us mind the same thing".

The "high calling" is the summons, the offer, that Jesus extended to everyone from the Cross.  God calls everyone.  But He only chooses from those who answer the summons and show up for service.  The rest are condemned by their non-actions.

The Bible debunks the theory of "universal salvation" over and over.  People don't wanna hear that, because they don't want to admit, nor to make, the choice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)