HubPages Success Stories

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Lauryallan profile image70
    Lauryallanposted 11 years ago

I am a big fan of the HubPages fan stories. They really help steer me in the right direction and give me an overall view of what's happening on the site. However, when I visited http://hubpages.com/success today, I saw that all their traffic graphs have been removed, but none of the income declarations or traffic details in text form had been updated.
    I have seen a lot of HubPages success stories explain that they have lost 80% of their traffic and sometimes more than that in earnings percentages. I have a link to the success stories and tell people to look at these graphs in one of my hubs.

Does anyone know why these graphs have been removed?

Will these graphs be returned soon?

Also why were they removed?

I realize that the graphs were perhaps a negative portrayal of current traffic levels, but they were honest and showed what is happening to a lot of people across the site. It was actually a good thing to see that we are not alone and that there are others with far more experience out there who are also suffering.

1. Love virus profile image60
      Love virusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Quitting a website

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103416

Read through that thread. I am new here, but saw this. I guess this is the reason that they removed the graphs. Those graphs showed how the featured ones had to work for years before they got a penny through Hub Pages.

Lauryallanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sad to see that someone new who knows nothing about the site could actually come on and create such a thread which would effect such an important page on the site.

Agreed! But perhaps some people search for truths instead of believing what others are saying the truth is. If that thread is the reason that Hub Pages has removed the graphs, then what else to say, that is an evidence itself that they were manipulating people.

Ok but by removing the graphs at this time after the success stories traffic tanked, makes it look more like HP has something to hide. Especially when they leave the outdated text that accompanied the information. People are just gonna feel like it's a lie by omission.
            I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but I can;t agree that it's a good idea to say someone makes thousands of dollars a month when their graph showed otherwise recently and a number of them have spoken about how their traffic has fell 80% and some of their earnings have fallen a lot more than that.
            If this is truelly the case, then their income could be as little as $500 a month now rather than the $3800 that is claimed previously on the text portion. Should this not be updated and relflected in the text. I'm not saying they should delete previous earnings, but they could add an update with something like, "due to reduced traffic levels this author is currently making $xxx amount per month."

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If HP is gonna remove the graphs, then they should update the average monthly earnings to reflect what the success stories are earning every month *now*, not eight or nine months ago.

That's one of the many possibilities.

@Mark Ewbie - sorry bro, I couldn't go below that post of yours! ha ha ha

2. Lauryallan profile image70

Totally agree with EmpressFelicity. Otherwise, it looks like a great way to hide bad news.

2. tamron profile image67
    tamronposted 11 years ago

I don't remember seeing any graphs.  I go to that link to get inspired.  I do remember also everyones hubs preform different some have less hubs and more earnings.  Some have lots of hubs and less earnings. 

I do not assume they have the magic formula.  I also realized when they first started on hubpages there wasn't as much competition to write articles.

I wrote for eHow 5yrs ago.  I earned more with way less effort,articles and quality.  Now its way harder.  It hard to find topics that are not overly saturated.  The quality and standards are way higher.

It takes more work today to succeed in writing for money.

3. Lauryallan profile image70
    Lauryallanposted 11 years ago

Were definitely graphs there before.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, there were. I remember another thread about it. But they are gone now. I think their disappearance was the result of a time-space continuum fluctuation anomaly. But I could be wrong.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was because of some troll that just wouldn't let it lie. Also, things are little different in the internet world, I guess.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

Look.  Forget the conspiracy theory, it's just a simple mixup.  Turns out the graphs were upside down.  They have been temporarily removed for maintenance.

Your imagination is very fertile. My boyfriend's is also very fertile. I call him fertile when the season is hot! It takes a little rubbing to come out. Anyway, you are so cute :-)

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am very cute and now speechless.

Glad to know, cutiee! ha ha hahaha :-) Love you, little fellow. No need to be shy. I know what you do in toilet, ha ha.

Lol.  You were quite sensible further up the page.  I'll find an image... me on the toilet.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7192489_f248.jpg

I may not respond any more.  Please do not be disappointed.

2. Lauryallan profile image70

How can the graphs be upside down? Am I missing some kind of in joke or something?

Sorry. I was joking.

ok sorry i didn''t get it.

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Paradigmsearch lets this one go...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)