My HubPages account banned?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image51
    bannedforwhatposted 11 years ago

Hi everyone.
    This is my first post here.
    I made an account and made my first hub and I did absolutely nothing against the rules. I wrote that article myself and there wasn't any sort of conflict with HubPages TOS.
    Next day I saw that my hub is only visible to me and when I checked my account it says "This user has been banned from HubPages"
    This message I got from team@hubpages.com
    "Your HubPages account has been permanently banned as a result of rules violations. Your account cannot be reinstated. We wish you luck in your online writing ventures."
    No reasons whatsoever?
    I went again and read all the rules and I did not break any!
    Now I am really curious why am I being punished and for what?
    Anyone else had a similar experience?
    What can I do?

2. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 11 years ago

How can all that happen in 28 minutes, which is the amount of time your account has been active according to the stats here?

3. profile image51

It happened on my original account. I just trying to figure out what went wrong.

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
      Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't expect any help if you don't identify what your original hub was.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

Seriously. What Sally's Trove said--I second that.

5. profile image51

I opened this account just to try to find out what happened with my original account since I can not post the question because I am banned with that account.
    I couldn't post the question because of the ban.
    That didn't happen with this account.

6. profile image51

ok I'll be back in a second with a link. Can you see the hub if it's not published?

7. profile image51

now I am going to break the rule if I post the link here. Is there a way I can message you the link?

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't post it.

We can't see it anyway, unless it was published for long enough to have been picked up by Google and is in their cache (and it wasn't).

We can't help because we don't know why you were banned, sorry.

Could it be a banned IP address you were using (from an internet cafe for example)?

8. profile image51

No the only thing i can think of is that at first I had a 4 outbound links in the article. But i thought the article is a bit longer so I didn't expect that might happen. Coming from squidoo socializing experience where that would be more than acceptable... I don't know. The article was really descent, quality and else...
    What surprised me that I had no real answer from the support.
    Is is possible that I am banned for putting the links into article?

9. profile image51

I mean links to a respectable site. No funny things there either.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you have more than 2 links to the same site (because that is a big no-no)?

You wouldn't have got banned for that though.

We could guess until the cows come home, but the only people who can tell you why you were banned are the staff, and you have their email address.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply though!

If I were you I would join Wizzley and put your article there instead. If it is substandard in any way, they will tell you straight out.

10. profile image51

I know that, it was like... I was excited I will start with HubPages...
    I requested an explanation from the support team but i don't think they will give me any.
    Usualy when I post the article if there is something wrong they tell you, or like yesterday I noticed that in one my article links are no folow and I wrote an email and they responded that I need a 10 articles for them to make me trusted user and to make my articles do follow and I respect that.
    I just wish they come with a straught reason.
    Ok thank you any way. I don't think I will spend any more time here.
    It's really awkward situation.

11. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

You need to ask them, not us.

12. Askme profile image82
    Askmeposted 11 years ago

I had a second account and the same thing happened to me. No matter how many times I corrected my hub, it never got published. I sent an email and the only response was that is was a TOS  violation. Whatever. I deleted the account and resumed writing on my original hubpages.

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What's a TOS violation?

1. RichieMogwai profile image60
        RichieMogwaiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Terms of Service violation

1. donotfear profile image84
          donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

'That could be anything.............................

13. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

This actually makes me paranoid about my own account!

Arrrggghhhh

14. RichieMogwai profile image60
    RichieMogwaiposted 11 years ago

Did you hear from Hubpages yet? It's probably just a glitch. Or maybe there was a bad word you used in the hub that was offensive. Check that

15. profile image51

No I have not heard from them yet. Checked my email just now.
    I deliberately posted this question here to see if any of moderators will see it and come and tell me I am lying and I did "this and that".
    And I am only guessing the reason for this.
    Maybe the bug in the website security code or the un professional admins (who don't have time to read the posts and they just mark it spam on the first mistake) or some other reason.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As others stated here, we don't have a way to determine the reasons; admin can answer that.  They will likely not recognize you from this thread, though - they ban many accounts and would have no way of knowing which one was yours.

Just a few things I spotted, though - there are several typos here and there in your posts on this thread. In addition, if you had four links to the same site in one hub, that would raise red flags. If the hub was also very promotional (clearly written to drive business rather than inform), that would raise even more red flags. If there were typos on top of all that, it could easily trigger a ban. I'm not saying those issues were in your hub, I'm just pointing out that a few things mentioned here could be the issues causing a ban.

16. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 11 years ago

When did you send the email?  Last time I emailed the team it took nearly three days to get a reply, but I did get one in the end.

17. Good Guy profile image82
    Good Guyposted 11 years ago

You are not the only one banned.  What bugs me is that Admin did not bother to give prior notice and reason for the ban.  This would give a chance for us to rectify the exact offense(s).  My only defense is to delete the "offending" hub immediately, just to be on the safe side.  So far I had deleted two hubs.  No point trying to amend/edit when one is not sure what the exact offense is all about.  The danger is to have the account banned immediately after the correction, like what had happened to you, and two other hubbers I knew.

18. profile image51

I've sent the new email yesterday (2nd one), but for the first took them 4 days to reply and the answer was "cynical" in my opinion.
    "Your HubPages account has been permanently banned as a result of rules violations. Your account cannot be reinstated. We wish you luck in your online writing ventures."

I replied twice to this email kindly asking to tell me what went wrong.
    I'll see.

1. Uplifterx profile image57
      Uplifterxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you go and meet them in person? You can get quick and clean answers in minutes!

19. profile image51

That is out of question considering my location. I am just trying to help to make this place a better online comunity. There is obviously a glitch here and they will have to adress it. In mean while I am out of here.
    Have too much work to do anyway.
    Thank you all for comenting and bringing up some important points.

20. The Suburban Poet profile image80
    The Suburban Poetposted 11 years ago

Send them an email and ask them why. I've had several hubs that were flagged and unpublished and in every case they were prompt in their response and specific as to their reasoning and I was able to work it out amicably. Just be humble.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)