More bipartisanship:

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

One of Hillary's former aides is now backing Romney:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-hab … 48251.html

1. Waldo Numbly profile image60
      Waldo Numblyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

habee, I really enjoy your discussions.  I glad I followed you.  Thanks for taking the time to post these issues.

2. KFlippin profile image61
      KFlippinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good. 

Do you really think that Hillary or Bill is actually backing Obama in private?

1. Barefootfae profile image60
        Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lord no they hate his guts.
        I am still really Pissed at her for not resigning midterm and running against him. He has it soft.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm impressed that you know Bill and Hillary personally and they share their deepest thoughts with you...

2. Waldo Numbly profile image60

I read an interesting article a couple years ago.  It read how divisive and shrewd Obama is, and how the Clintons were still reeling from his mercurial ascension.  They never knew what hit them.  From what I have read about Obama being so politically tricky, I am surprised that Romney has gotten this far, this close.  I have no hard evidence but I bet the Clintons  really hate Obama.

2. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

lol... she almost got it right! Bipartisan is broken, the Republicans broke it. And God only knows what Romney's stand is on any issue. This guy has changed his position more times then I can count! Voting for Romney is like buying a scratch off ticket and hoping to win a million dollars! Good luck!

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wonder why she changed horses? I really don't know anything about her (the aide).

Romney is a sensible person, and sensitive to all sides of a particular issue.  This personality trait is reflected in many of his speeches.  Ergo, it appears as though he changes his position, but he is really exploring and considering all options.  Issues are complex these days and require thoughtful consideration.  I bet we will see a much greater bipartisan cooperation with Romney as president.

1. movingout profile image60
        movingoutposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A sensible person? More like a two headed snake! Details of his plans AFTER he's elected? Exploring and considering all options? Baloney! Lying to get elected! Speaking to what that particular audience wants Romney to be! You're dreaming!

It is comforting to know that Romney will embrace other ideas and compromise.  I am looking forward to greater bipartisan cooperation and a focus on hat is good for America as a whole; that is what is good for all of us.  When both sides are passionate about an issue, it is hard to ignore.  If both arguments are embraced, a greater body of knowledge will emerge.  The philosopher Hegel called it the dialectic.  I believe Romney is that type of leader.

3. Barefootfae profile image60
    Barefootfaeposted 11 years ago

It's really very simple.
    Like a lot of us who thought at one point in our lives we were liberals we woke up and realized the truth.
    Along with Kelsey Grammar, Ron Silver(RIP), Andrew Brietbart(RIP), David Mamet, Charles Krauthammer....
    the list goes on.

Charleton Heston and Ronald Reagan were once liberal.  I was also liberal when I was younger; people change.

Yep....congrats!
        You grew up!

1. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Statistically speaking people get more liberal as they age.
          http://www.livescience.com/2360-busting … l-age.html

people in general don't become conservative they get passed by progress, as in relative to themselves statistically people get more liberal but relative to society the change often doesn't keep up with the changes in the political sphere thus they they become associated with a conservative movement not because they became conservative but because society became more liberal.
          Exceptions to every rule of course.

Don't worry Josak you will get there. Despite what statistics say.

1. Josak profile image60

At 60 already somehow I doubt it tongue

Josak, I would have to look very carefully at the parameters of that study.

1. Josak profile image60

By all means, it's had follow ups and independent verifiers from several different places, apparently the same rule applies even in other countries, well Australia and New Zealand anyhow.

3. Waldo Numbly profile image60

Interesting premise.  They are not talking about republicans becoming democrats, they are talking about attitudes becoming more liberal.  When most of us were growing up, the mention of homosexuals would bring a snicker at best, black and female professionals were scarce, and a person mutilating them selves to become the opposite sex..would be locked up.  You are correct that the changes in society have changed individuals; brainwashed is more like it.  It is impossible to carry the same attitudes one held back in 1970.  One can also be considered more conservative in a sense.  Remember Judge Bork was rejected for Supreme Court because women protested that he ruled in favor of a company who would not allow a pregnant woman to work with dangerous chemicals.  For trying to protect her, he was labeled a woman-hater, go figure.  In like manner, today's democrat is a far cry from Adlai Stevenson or Harry Truman.

1. Josak profile image60

Eh call it brainwashing if you wish but it's just the inevitable tide of progress as we become a better and more inclusive society. But yes you are more or less correct on the premise.

2. Barefootfae profile image60

Or JFK for that matter.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)