How Many Views Does Your Hubs Get?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. TheMagician profile image87
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

Hey guys! I was just going through my small list of Hubs and checking out how many views each ones were getting individually, and it made me wonder -- how many views do YOUR Hubs (individually) get a day on average? I'd love to know smile 

Mine is somewhere in the 8 to 14 view per day for my couple of best Hubs, and about 2 to 5 for others... of course, I've also got a handful of Hubs that only get 1 to 3 views a week! smile

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As near as I can figure, somewhere in the neighborhood of 462% more than yours.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

70-80% less than they did 6 months ago!  On Google, that is.  Of course, Bing and Yahoo are providing more views now.  smile

cccccooooxxxx0000OO(:c-<

3. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

Hi TheMagician!  I'm getting all total about 10 times as much. Looks like I have a bit more than 4 times as many hubs as you. Hope this info helps with your evaluation.

4. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Individual hubs?  Anywhere from 0 to a couple hundred views. 

Some do very well, some not so much.  Several are showing less than 10 views for 30 days.

5. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago
  6. awordlover profile image89
    awordloverposted 12 years ago

Looking at the last day, last 7 days, and last 30 days, these stats are probably the best yardstick. My 3 best hubs right now are averaging:

a) last day between 45 and 67 views,
    b) 7 days shows 82 to 357 views
    c) 30 days shows 817 to 1586 views.

Hub scores for all three are between 85 and 90.

The other end of the spectrum for my bottom 3 show:

a) last day between 0 and 1
    b) 7 days between 0 and 2
    c) 30 days between 0 and 1

Hub scores for all three are between 79 and 81.

I'm coming up at my 2 year anniversary, have written only 20 hubs (life happens!) But I think it is not so much how many views we should be concerned with, but rather the topic and how appealing it is to readers. Is it timely, trending right now, or is it old news and uninteresting?

I am by no means an expert, I just like to write things I think will be interesting to others. I try use my tags effectively, submit to a few search engines using those tags, and I hub hop mostly every day. If I find someone interesting or have something in common with them, I read, comment and follow.

All these things drive up your hub scores, getting more views, which in turn will drive up your profile score.

Good question!

7. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

I get goofy spikes. Some of my fitness items sporadically have 100 or more per day and then they drop. On occasion my hubs hit a topic of current cultural interest and also see a spike. Yet the rise in the traffic doesn't seem to help my "scores" or my earnings. Sadly, when I first started it seems like a steady upward rise and now it is a tale in spikes and valleys.

I used to have over 800 views overall per day (and with less hubs), now if I top 400 I am lucky. Of those 400 views, many hubs are simply lonely with no traffic. Wish I had the time to manage the promotions better.

Great question - thank you for sharing!

8. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

I just checked my stats, and my most popular hub has had 90 views today, and 792 views for the week. My least popular hub has had 2 views, and hasn't even broken 500 views in 2 years!!

I guess it largely depends on the subject matter of you hub. My most popular hub is based on gay oriented movies, and the least popular involves science fiction. So, I guess I know where the popularity lies, and will start doing more hubs based on what is working so far.

Hope you have good luck with your hubs!

9. TheMagician profile image87
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

Wow, I'm amazed at some of the success you guys have -- My most popular hub only manages to get me 10 to 16 views per day, and I thought THAT was good! lol

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

It varies. My highest traffic hub this past week brought 1573 views.
    My highest traffic day this past week was Tuesday, Valentine's Day - over 1000 views.  It was a sweet day for me as a few of my hubs performed very well, one being posted on a musicians FB page by the musician. I wondered where all the views were coming from!  Another hub was posted on another musician's social media sites.

1. Len Rapoport profile image81
      Len Rapoportposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My top article "Secret Price Codes Will Save You Money At Costco" is seeing on the average of 2000-4000 per day on the best week I had which was over 25,000 views in one week.

I did go to many Costco sites and let them know about the article on that big week and still do promote it from time to time.  You need to get out and promote your work, don't depend on Hubpages to do all the work for you.

Len

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)