All book authors, sign your name, and be followed! A chance to network

Jump to Last Post 51-92 of 92 discussions (174 posts)
  1. Dr DL profile image57
    Dr DLposted 13 years ago

Dawn Leger, author of the novel In Flight (available on Amazon.com and at my website, dawnleger.com. The book is about a Turkish woman who returns to her homeland after many years and reluctantly confronts what she left behind. Her traveling companion, an elderly Greek man, is also searching for lost connections to his family, and together they travel the country looking for answers. My new book, which is in the revision stage, is about the events of 9/11 from the perspective of a man involved in the terrorist plot and his sister, an ex-FBI agent trying to learn what happened to cause his death. Find my new blog on Hubpages, where I post Writing Exercises that Work.

2. Three-Legged Dog profile image63
    Three-Legged Dogposted 13 years ago

I recently published my first novel as an ebook for Amazon Kindle and B&N Nook.  So far, so good - doing better than I hoped, actually! 

It's a light, easy romance, called "Here We Go" by Jessica Strassner. 

I'm almost finished with my second novel as well!  And there's always ideas for more floating around in this crazy brain of mine.  smile

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

This thread is getting jucier and jucier, with many exciting new releases.

1. shape_shifter profile image61
      shape_shifterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen! It also seems to be gaining momentum... I believe more and more talented book writers are joining hubpages, vs. just article freelancers, or could it be that more and more book authors are getting into freelancing...? Food for thought. A good thing, either way!

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have written a great book for adults. I hope your promotion is going well.

shape_shifterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much! I am currently enjoying writing the 2nd installment, "The Planeshifter, Critical Mass: Book II" almost more than the first, as just like in the 2nd half of Critical Mass, the fates have pushed my characters VERY far from the life of hell on Earth we seem as a race to be sprinting toward as if it was an Olympic event, and into a place of high adventure, discovery and redemption... It's not for the squeamish, that's for certain, but hopefully those who can handle the brutal honesty will find what lies at the end of the journey well worth the sensory onslaught... Thanks again to all who have checked out my work thus far! I continue to enjoy as much of yours as time permits! There are certainly some very talented authors on this network!!!

4. scarytaff profile image66
    scarytaffposted 13 years ago

How come I hadn't heard about this before? Just too busy and too slow in my old age, probably. Anyway, Deric barry is the name and my website is www.dericbarryfictionbooks.com All my books published on Lulu and gradually being put on Amazon and Kindle. Glad to meet all you authors.

5. drbj profile image79
    drbjposted 13 years ago

"Much of What You Know about Job Search Just Ain't So." Available on Amazon. Serious and comprehensive winning strategies but light-hearted and fun to read. That's what critics said. Author name - B. J. Rakow.

6. profile image0
    Irvarvlinposted 13 years ago

I wrote a novella, that was included in the anthology "Against a Diamond Sky" as part of the Orion's Arm Universe Project. It's available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. There's also an ebook version available here:

http://www.orionsarm.com/s/diamondsky/

7. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Thanks AEvans.

In case someone is interested: I have created the HubPages Fiction Readers Club, where readers who have enrolled will visit a featured hub (fiction story) every few weeks. In return for commenting on the featured hub, the readers will get credit, which can be used to acquire free E-books and the like.

It is my intention to create an online store featuring books published by Hubbers. To the extent possible, I will buy these books directly from the authors (self-publishers), and pass them on as gifts to the members of the Fiction Readers Club as rewards.

This way, creative writers will get exposure and feedback; readers will get something new and exciting to read, and the self-published authors on HubPages will get a few sales and hopefully a lot of publicity.

Anyone is welcome to inquire about the free program.

1. ljv21 profile image63
      ljv21posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What a great group here....so good to see so many writers getting together.  I write mainly short stories(published) and at some point hope to get one of the many backlogged novels out.

L.J. Valente

1. profile image0

Welcome to HubPages, where creative writers are probably a lot more confident and appreciated than ever before.

8. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years ago

I posted a couple of chapters of a book I wrote five yrs ago and have been editing ever since. Havent gotten much traffic or feedback, but what I have gotten has been encouraging.

9. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

Do most do self publishing?  What are the benefits to it?  This forum was so informative, thanks for sharing all!

1. profile image0

I think most of the authors who posted here are self-published. Simply put, the benefits include:

- Get published now, with a minimal investment;
      - Set your own prices and discounts;
      - Receive higher revenue-per-sale compared with royalties;
      - Retain all copyright;
      - Choose between limited availability and unlimited availability (with an ISBN number);
      - Receive some exposure for your work and name through the print-on-demand publishers' marketplace.

Even though you didn't ask, here are some of the drawbacks:

- Some book reviewers will not review self-published books;
      - Quality assurance is an issue for many self-published books;
      - Oftentimes, conventional publishers will not publish material that has already been published elsewhere;
      - Promoting self-published books is time consuming.

10. shape_shifter profile image61
    shape_shifterposted 12 years ago

Wake up! Wow! This was going STRONG for quite a while, then...? I'm not sure where everyone has wandered off to, but I personally disappeared for a fairly long time to finish work on the sequel to my first novel, "Critical Mass." It's called, "PLANESHIFTERS" and it's FINISHED!!!!! I am awash with a greater feeling of accomplishment than even the first one provided me, and I know now that I am going to be able to dedicate myself to writing full time as a career. The drudgery and confusion was replaced by the Gods almost overnight by enthusiasm and unbridaled creative fury, the likes of which-- You know what? I need to shut up and let the stoies speak for themselves... Both books can be previewed here on HubPages... the first one can be purchased in full in any ebook format, and the new one will be released on or around 1/01/12! Click on my profile name "shape_shifter" to find out where, and to check out the chapter by chapter hubs on both books, as well as some poetry and song lyrics I couldn't resist posting. (I've written, recorded and played live, two albums worth of original music, but this is my new calling!!) Hope to continue to see more new artists emerge on this forum thread... it has already introduced me to some of the best writing and most interesting people imaginable! Spread the word again! Gunnar C. Garisson, aka shape_shifter

11. dadibobs profile image58
    dadibobsposted 12 years ago

Hi, is anyone still doing this?

shape_shifterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's gotten a little quiet, eh? Oh, well, that's the nature of the beast, and then all at once... KABAMM!!! Fifty new authors emerge! I'm going to hold fast to this thread, as most of the hubbers I've met, read, and followed came to me via this forum! Spread the word! We'll get it back up and functioning!

12. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

I would like to give a heads up about our beloved kimberlyslyrics, Kimberly Gray...she's published her first book of her poems, the first of three in a series, as well as being well under way with two other books, and several in their initial stages. She's publishing as e-books through Smashwords.com

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/lyricsingray

13. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

Kimberly's first book.....

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6093507_f248.jpg

14. shape_shifter profile image61
    shape_shifterposted 12 years ago

Awesome! You should also post this on WE's new thread, "Fiction Writers" it's been getting much attention lately... Nice plug! I love Kimberly's writing!

1. bbnix profile image61
      bbnixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much..We're all so excited for her, and to experienced her excitement and passion to write is one of the most precious of my life's gifts....

Thanks again.....

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much SS and BB means a lot! cool

15. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

bump

16. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

what an awesome group here! big_smile

17. DFiduccia profile image76
    DFiducciaposted 12 years ago

Good luck Kimberly!
    My book, Incidents at Balboa, is available as an E-Book.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  18. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

DFiduccia

Best of Luck!  big_smile

1. DFiduccia profile image76
      DFiducciaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I just received news yesterday from the publisher,Siren BookStrand. that the Ebook is going into print and will be available in stores such as Barnes and Noble and online with Amazon.

19. breffoo profile image59
    breffooposted 12 years ago

THE DAY SHE DECIDED TO QUIT DRINKING IS ACTUALLY CHAPTER FOUR OF MY NOVEL THE AQUAGUARDIANS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

20. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Breffoo, no need to "shout" at us with your upper-case post!

You write very well. A pleasant narrative with good descriptions and dialog. It flows well, the vocabulary is sharp, and there is a sprinkle of humor.

1. breffoo profile image59
      breffooposted 11 years agoin reply to this

sorry

21. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

I know when I was Barnes and Noble book store a month ago I saw a person just get published with deals, but started out online and than turned to self publishing and than was getting so popular, they regular publishers finally stepped in. So I think it just depends on how much work you want to put into it all the way around to get your work out there.

shape_shifterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HMM- I think you're absolutely right! A good, self produced "package" is also a far better rendition of the complete "vision" you are trying to convey... Has to have some impact in the eyes of prospective buyers.

22. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 12 years ago

Interesting to see this thread again, when I last posted here about a year ago I was on the verge of publishing my novel and considering different options. Since then I spurned conventional publishing and I decided to publish independently. The book has met some success with 5 star reader reviews and sales in twenty or so countries spread across four continents.

My Novel is available worldwide in instant download digital formats for e readers, smart phones and computers through multiple retailers like Barnes & Noble, Sony, Apple I tunes, Diesel Books, Kobo and many others.

Additionally since its initial success as an e book and because of the number of requests for a paperback, I am in the process of providing a Print on Demand edition.

23. profile image0

Great. Does it have a title?

1. readytoescape profile image59
      readytoescapeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course, "untitled" was already used.

Sorry just a little bit of early morning humor...okay very little

The Novel is titled The Shopkeeper. There are links on my profile page

24. profile image0

Thanks, that makes things a little easier. Although I've heard that "Untitled" is currently out of print due to overwhelming public demand.

Thanks for your interest, it prompted me into checking the book’s performance at my distributor. Happily I discovered the novel has moved up in the ratings system since I last looked. The Shopkeeper is now ranked as below:

In the Highest Rated Novels Category for Mystery & Detective the book is ranked  # 7 and for Highest Rated Thriller a  #16

Send me an email through the hub pages contact system and I will send you a code for a free copy if you would like one.

25. profile image0

Sure thing. I appreciate the offer, and did contact you just now.

Sorry It took so long, your email ended up in my spam folder, you should have all the info now

26. profile image0

Indeed I have, and thank you!

27. Tara Anderton profile image59
    Tara Andertonposted 12 years ago

I have written 2 contemporary romance books and am currently writing my third.
    Im just about to publish my first novel Gold Digger. It is available for pre order on my author website. And will be available on Amazon and barnesandnoble.com in a month or two. I also write a blog called Writing in Heels about writing, life and publishing a book. Its quirky and cute.
    I have entered a few competitions.
    Writing is my life!!!

28. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 11 years ago

well having 2 poetry ebooks published I am a nervous wreck as my firrst novel will be published primarily through smashwords and amazon, it's really about luck, but so much of ourselves we pour into this novel, and now to hurry up and wait LOL we'll see.

1. bbnix profile image61
      bbnixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm absolutely confident your novel will do well, m'love..and not just one way, but in a multitude of directions. I have said all along your writing style defines the future of literature in its clarity, creativity, purity, and empathy, just to name a few aspects, but this novel represents a cultural milestone, a beautitular first step in really dealing with a fundamental challenge of contemporary culture, the total misconception of the so called "drug culture". Not to mention, you've written with such purity in your typically breathtaking style....my god woman, you are the second coming of Christ...

Keep an eye out for this new book coming out by our workaholic best friend any minute...Christ, she wrote this mind numbingly gripping book in 30 freaking days...

Http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/lyricsingray

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much BB

big_smile

1. bbnix profile image61

Your welcome, love... Love that new avatar,, and braving the cold to stand here wishing on the stars for a chance to be worthy of your friendship and guidance...

1. profile image0

tongue

1. bbnix profile image61

It's here. Kimberly's new novel. Check it out. Buy 12 and send them to everyone you know. A gripping and moving story about one woman's breathtaking tenacity and survival in the face of unimagionable cruelty. A tale of multiple horrors, any one of which would destroy most us, yet magically and tearfully told to us in Kimbery's amazingly beautiful writing style, a true professional..

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/159281

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6573882.jpg

1. profile image0

Thank you so much again BB

1. bbnix profile image61

You're the greatest, Kimberly.....so proud of you, my dearest friend...

29. profile image0
    rsjessenposted 11 years ago

I write both short stories, novels and poems (one of which I've just uploaded here.)
    I don't have as much time to be creative in as I'd like, because I'm still in sixthform. But I often find myself scribbling during boring lectures.

30. profile image57
    kelly1313posted 11 years ago

Wow.  That was sweet:) not sure who you meant it for.. Wish id get a reply or comment like that!! Lol. Ive been standing on mountains wishing the same wish for years...smile

1. profile image0

ditto what BB so kindly said smile

31. shape_shifter profile image61
    shape_shifterposted 11 years ago

Great job, Kimberly!! It's good to see you pop back up in here after so long!! I have an update too... My first novel, Critical Mass, is now in print at:
    https://www.createspace.com/3755949 as well as both it, and the sequel, Planeshifters, available in ebook form at:https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/49222 and https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/136124 respectively... but check out the groovy trailer that was put together by our own rembrandz for use at Comic Con Dubai this past month!! I'm so stoked!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNc_jW5uPK0
    Keep it up! You rock!

1. profile image0

way cool, avoid women writers, they ovulate lol

shape_shifterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I consider ovulation like a release... what we guys do is far worse than PMS... smile

1. profile image0

lol

2. bbnix profile image61

That's like saying avoid breathing...can't tell you how many times I've held my breath till I turn blue, that never works...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6577284_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

lol

1. bbnix profile image61

Fish kisses...

32. dalton71482 profile image60
    dalton71482posted 11 years ago

I'm not much of a writer but it's one of my favorite hubbies and I would love anyones input on how I could improve.

33. DFiduccia profile image76
    DFiducciaposted 11 years ago

Incidents at Balboa— a steamy science fiction romance novel published by Siren BookStrand in Nov. 2011.

Oncology Nurse Laura Garcia discovers through her lover, Michael Cello, she has healing powers. She begins to cure terminally ill children on her hospital ward.

Laura’s powers spark the interest of corrupt individuals resulting in danger and alien intervention with a surprise twist.

Discover the secret to Michael’s age reversal, Laura’s powers, and the mysterious connection between Laura, her mother, and Michael.

34. profile image0

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17hu9phgqq1g7gif/original.gif

35. shape_shifter profile image61
    shape_shifterposted 11 years ago

Alright! Here it is, finally!! I got the official video trailer for CRITICAL MASS uploaded to YouTube despite my aversion to technology (not a great trait for a Sci-Fi writer, but hey... Come and see it for yourselves!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z79FLelVqyw The artwork on my book cover(s) was done by Remy Francis (rembrandz to us hubbers... www.rembrandz.com ) and she put this together for me as well, with the help of her music guru friend, Gerard, from "Happy Feet 2" fame... It was a lot of fun, and hopefully will serve to show people a little more about my series. The second book, PLANESHIFTERS, is just a teaser toward the end, but it is finished, and is due for printing very, very soon. It is already available as an ebook. The third, and final installment in the trilogy is underway....

1. profile image0

SS I speak truthfully when I say that was one of the most entertaining and well done book promo videos I have ever seen

YOU ROCK!

from your newest fan, with gazillions to follow no doubt

big_smile  nice job

Thank you very much! I was a little afraid that I was the only one who could see it... not sure if it uploaded correctly... AWESOME!  Thanks so much for the feedback!

2. readytoescape profile image59
      readytoescapeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pretty Cool Video! Take a look at the one produced for my Thriller novel The Shopkeeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EozbJhqai0

Let it load all the way and turn up the speakers for full effect.

Haven't decided if I'm going to use it yet, let me know your opinions

1. profile image0

OMG Buddy, great video and off to catch me a copy, I really need a video after seeing these two!!  Oh of course I wish you all the success that is so deserving

Kimberly

readytoescapeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank You Kimberly

36. profile image0

http://www.stolenworld.com/images/hw_animation_2.gif

Nice wink I love it...

2. bbnix profile image61

Did you know horses can fly...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6578114_f248.jpg

37. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6578352_f248.jpg

1. bbnix profile image61

Not that I'm a romantic or anything, and to be honest, yet humble, I'm a hard man, and I eat puppies for breakfast and hate everything and everyone, but that has to be one of the most beautiful pictures I've seen in my life, and Kimberly, I see that as the most perfect picture representing myself and my incredible lover...thank you, you have touched me so deeply with that precious photo.....you've brought a tear to my eye and I never cry...

Uh...truth is I'm a theatre major, a huge romantic, a bigger than life softy, (still hate everything), collect stuffed animals and cry all the freakin' time, yet still say that's the most beautiful picture I have ever seen...

38. CrazedNovelist profile image84
    CrazedNovelistposted 11 years ago

Hi! I'm Aubrey Williams and I'm twenty-Three. I've written four book since 2007 and I'm getting ready to start my next four book series!! So excited smile Two of those books are published and getting the third one ready to be published this fall. I write fantasy, so I'm always excited about creating a new spin on things. It's nice to meet everyone. I think Hubpages is my new home. There seem to be A LOT of people on here.

39. DFiduccia profile image76
    DFiducciaposted 11 years ago

My book, Incidents at Balboa, a science fiction romance, is available on  Amazon and Barnes and Noble as both an ebook and paperback. If you click on the book title in my profile, you'll arrive at my web site, which will also link you back to HubPages.

40. lex123 profile image80
    lex123posted 11 years ago

My novel The Second Choice is available on amazon and smashwords.

I've entered a giveaway in goodreads. Please check out my blog on my profile page for info.

If you have a book to giveaway it is a good way to do, as a part of your promotion.

41. shaylove727 profile image60
    shaylove727posted 11 years ago

Shalona L Amos Author of Diary of a Sex Addict: Based on a True Story. Also Girl, Come and Get Your Blessings: An Inspirational Book for Women.

42. Trish_M profile image81
    Trish_Mposted 11 years ago

Although I tend to write mostly non-fiction on Hub Pages, I did publish a very short fictional romantic story on here called: ''Will and Ted' - A "Shakespearean" Fictional Short Story'.

And now, I am pleased to say that I have actually completed and uploaded a seasonal romance novel, onto Amazon for Kindle.

I don't know whether people will like it, but I hope that they will. It's called 'A Christmastide Romance' (by Tricia Neale) and, at the moment, it's free of charge!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)