Shocking propoganda video or farce?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

This video has gone 'viral' today on MSN Canada:

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/nor … a-infopane

Surely must be a farce? Any thoughts?

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

46.2 million Americans live below the poverty line.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 … lity-grows

But that video is still a bit much...

snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you pdsearch, I was certainly not trying to make light of the hardships people are facing, just shocked by the video, wondering if this is how N America is actually being portrayed?

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

Beat laugh of the week - Thank You!

I particularly liked that the birds (in the dead of winter) have all been eaten - they're yummy!

That the wall phones no longer work - there's no one to call.

That the poor, the lonely and the homosexuals all sleep together in one room - I presume you won't want to be gay in N Korea?

That there's lots of snow in America to make coffee out of.  Wonder what they use in Texas?

So you are thinking it's a farce?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I really don't know.  It actually sounds like something I could see the N Koreans putting out for their own people, but they also have to know that most 1st world citizenry knows better.

I also question why it is on the web at all - something sneaked out to MSN, completely faked, what?

4. innersmiff profile image65
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

lol it's got to be a parody

That was my first thought.

2. wilderness profile image95

I'm going to get in line for a cake and some good N Korean coffee!  (Is coffee even common there?)

I'm pretty ignorant about N Korea, but top news on Canadian radio today was US plans to establish 14 new anti nuclear missile sites on the west coast from Calif to Alaska because of the N Korea's latest sabre rattling.
        And then when I went online I found this!

I saw that, too.  At this point, a perfect response, I thought. 

But this video is priceless.  I still can't decide if I want it to be true or it's better than some created a farce.  Funny as heck either way.

I just went back to the site and it is listed under 'funny' and 'most watched' so I'm going to assume it's a parody. Sorry I missed that.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=df8_1362850413

This is clearly a black propaganda.

Wow, it's everywhere. Thanks. I didn't register for LiveLeak so couldn't read the comments. Did you read them Pretty?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No Sir.

OK

2. wilderness profile image95

According to a couple of comments, from those claiming to understand Korean, the translation is a farce.  No mention of eating snow, eating birds or homosexuals.

Well there it is. Thanks wilderness.

Now I'd like to hear an actual translation.  It's pretty obviously a propaganda film, but what are they actually saying?

It's Greek to me.

6. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

Lol.  If this is really how the NK's portray us, I am quite disappointed with their lack of cleverness.

Looks really dated. May be a montage of old news clips. Curious. Interesting that it's gone viral. Definitely black, (Borat meets Monty Python). I wonder who made it.

7. BuckyGoldstein profile image59
    BuckyGoldsteinposted 11 years ago

I am very thankful for the handouts from North Korea they are yummy!

Ya, that should have alerted me that it was supposed to be a spoof.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)