Video of 'time traveler' using cell phone in 1938...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (27 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

This video really does give me pause...

And I don't buy the explanation given.

It did occur to me that don't cell phones need cell-phone towers? But who says she has to be from the 21st Century? Maybe she's from the 22nd Century, where our knowledge of quantum mechanics has obviated the need for communication towers and satellites etc.

http://now.msn.com/time-traveler-video- … -explained

And while we are at it, who says that whoever she is talking to has to also be in year 1938?

1. Jonas James profile image60
      Jonas Jamesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Umm, the object in her hand is her purse!  Obviously she is talking to her friend walking next to her.

paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

After she flips the thing shut, she does indeed talk to her friend. Watch some of the videos on youtube in full screen. And especially watch that guy talking in the second half, all by himself, as well.

People talking to themselves is not at all unusual.  Look mate, I enjoy watching Dr Who and Star Trek just as much as the next sci-fi buff, but time travel is pure science fiction fantasy.  Time is nothing more than the metric of object motion and is not equivalent to a road that you can walk along.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
            Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you telling us you personally never traveled back in time?  Not once? yikes  Where are you from, the bottom of world?   lol

Hard to believe, isn't it!

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 11 years ago

That's just a scam video.

After all, remember how large wireless radios used by the Army in the 30s were?  (Backpacks with massive handsets)  Or even how large the original mobile phones were in the 1990s?  In the 1930s, wireless communications were taking place... With crystal radios and vacuum tubes.

Wen you look at actual science, we did not yet possess the technology to make either a cell phone, nor make one as small and compact as today at that time.... Not even a prototype.

And that is exactly why everyone is so freaked about that video. How in the living heck did that cell phone show up there!?! Nobody seems to dispute that the video is indeed from 1938. Check out the hairstyles, clothing, background, etc. Not one single flaw!!! Except for that darned cell phone...

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No one is proving it is a cell phone, they are presuming...  It could be any other hand-held item that approximates the shape of a modern phone.  It could be an eyeglass case or a small clutch purse held by a woman while she pushes back her hair and appears to be talking.

How can you prove it's a phone?

I've watched the multiple tapes over and over. Both the woman and the man are talking directly to and into that thing. With the man it is really apparent that he is talking to someone, even though he is alone. And it is even apparent that he is not happy with whoever he is talking to. Check out youtube. There are maybe half-a-dozen copies there. Watch them in full-screen and you will know. And with one video you can even see the woman flipping the thing shut when she is done with it.

Yes, friends... This mystery is not solved.

1. profile image0
            Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Guess you haven't seen Forest Gump?

Life is indeed a box of chocolates...

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

And come to think of it, I am aware of your Wiccan philosophy. Was that you? big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. relache profile image73
            relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not now, nor have I ever been, Wiccan.

Pagan? At any rate, I have changed my mind. You are the one on her immediate right (video left). I saw your Google+ pic, not a doubt in my mind.

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

ATTENTION TIME TRAVELERS!

Drop by and visit me sometime. Maybe we can work out something that is mutually beneficial for the both of us. Whatever that might be, it must be ethical for both time periods involved. The date of this message is April 6, Year 2013 AD (04/06/2013). The time, 9:25 PDT. That is on the west coast of what is known as The United States of America.

4. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 11 years ago

Time travel DOSE exist!
    I went back and killed One of my grandparents and Now...I'm not all here...I'm Sooo sorry Granny...
    [hangs his head in shame as he puts his helmet back on]...

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

Further viewing has convinced me re: their body language that the 3 women, possibly 4, are together. Makes sense that time travelers would travel in groups for safety's sake. Looks to me they were just out on a mini-vacation, and it never occurred to them that they would be unlucky enough to be randomly visually recorded on the street in 1938. Or they didn't care, which could have multiple possible meanings. None of which would be particularly good...

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I saw a post on another forum that showed a hand held hearing aid that matched this picture perfectly.

One would think that one would listen to a hearing aid, not talk to it. I'm off to look at pics of 1938 hearing-aids. We shall see... big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, I went looking for pics. None to be found, other than horns and maybe this one big electronic box I'm not sure of.

I'll let relache's post be my response.

And that would also include hearing aids. smile

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Except there *were* hearing aids in the 1930's about the size of two bars of soap.  I have seen examples. To my eye that is about the size of the object in the video.

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

I've seen that clip before. Strange!

I keep trying to disprove it, but so far I can't. Time travelers still seems to be the most plausible, simplist explanation. big_smile big_smile big_smile

8. paradigmsearch profile image60

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7483436_f520.jpg
    Well, one showed up. Said he could only stay a minute and left. But he was from the past! Only someone from the future could have seen my archived forum post: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111386#post2370381

I guess he must have gone there first. I didn't think to ask until after he had gone. sad

9. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Hmmmmm.  He looks familiar!

10. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Unbelievable that this thread is only 7 weeks old. Haven't been visited yet. I've decided this next Friday is do or die on that. Assuming, of course, that I even bother to remember.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)