My DaisyChain hubs getting ten times the traffic of Les Trois Chenes

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Les Trois Chenes profile image80
    Les Trois Chenesposted 10 years ago

My alter-ego, Daisychain is quite a success. Her hubs sit quietly as I rarely remember to check on them, while I log in daily to 'my' account as Les Trois Chenes where I tweak and twitter and pin and fuss on - all to no avail. Daisy chain hubs are doing ten times better on average - and she even has an 'editor's choice'. What is going on here? Is it wise to start lots of accounts so that if one falls foul of Google, the others might slip by unnoticed? (Or is she simply a better writer than me?)

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

It all comes down to what people are Googling. If people are Googling your other account's topics more, it will get more traffic.

Les Trois Chenesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Funny though that all the ones in that account are more popular than most of my other 126 hubs?

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are you still plugging your painting course on every hub? If you are, you might like to read the latest email from HP on linking practices.

All the links have gone Will. Not sure what point of writing on HP is without directing traffic to my site. I earn a few dollars a month. Vanity publishing!

1. Will Apse profile image88
            Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is depressing if you get to that point. Commiserations.

2. relache profile image72
          relacheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can find unrelated B&B links all over both accounts.

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is true. I think ppl are only googling one of my hubs. It gets far more traffic than any of my other hubs. It was a genius title on my part even if it didn't really occur to my non-commercial-type mind the way I wish I could claim it had.

Which is it Beth? I had a look at your profile but couldn't guess.

1. profile image0

Why do men lust? (That's the title, I'm not asking you.)

Good question. Don't know the answer so evidently I need to read your hub!

1. profile image0

Spoiler alert... women lust too. It's all on your focus. Now you don't have to read it. smile

3. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 10 years ago

Just a quick look at the titles of the few daisychain hubs you have i think answers the question. The titles appear to be more search friendly and more likely to be subjects that people are searching for rather than the titles on this account.

Fewer people are going to be searching for hubs about a specific town or area in France than "chicken curry."

If you want visitors and lots of them then you need to pick a subject that has people searching for it, the "horse meat scandal" may have had people searching for it when it was in the papers but I doubt if anyone is searching for it today and I am sure that not many people search for "Cassinomagus Roman Archeological Site at Chassenon The Charente South West France" on a daily basis. However I am sure that the competition for this is very low and you probably get most visitors that are looking for information about it.

If you want visitors the rules are to find something that people search for in high volumes and for which there is little competition - however when you are competing with the whole globe to find those niches it is far from easy.

Hi LeanMan, thanks for your thoughts. It's true that I set up DaisyChain to cover topics that I thought were not quite 'nice' for a family-run B&B. Guess I'm just not disciplined enough to go for a narrow niche like you. (Did you really manage to date the muslim girls?)

1. LeanMan profile image78
        LeanManposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Only before I met my wife!

I am not disciplined, just too boring to write about anything else other than Saudi Arabia and my business stuff... But maybe I will do a series about the Philippines as I am there now - but I think I will open a new account to do it..
        I have other accounts and sites too where I write about different niches but I have been trying to keep my original account very much as it is - I did do some other hubs on here about other things but then copied them into their own accounts or new websites if they worked rather than cluttering up this account.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)