Isn't congress a counter-power to Obama's absolute monarchy?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (27 posts)
  1. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 9 years ago

Obama is waging wars against Iraq, Syria... with whose dimes? If our government finances wars what about Detroit, Pittsburgh... ? What is Congress doing? If congress doesn't do its job who will?
    Art 1, sect 8 clearly states that congress shall have power to declare wars..., to raise and support armies..., to make rules for the government..., to make all laws which shall be necessary for carrying into execution the foregoing powers...

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

...what about Detroit, Pittsburgh?

maxoxam41posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you check for yourself? Are you living in the US or not? How can you not know their tragedies? So you know about Iraq but nothing about your own land, what can I say? Nothing. I'm speechless.

This is a problem with your writing. You assume everyone reading is as informed and intelligent as you. We are not.
          Obviously.

You can be intelligent and uninformed but you can't be intelligent and misinformed.

2. cjhunsinger profile image60
      cjhunsingerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Your ambiguity here prompts the question; do you want Obama to wage war against Detroit and Pittsburgh? I would throw in Chicago too. Don't you read the newspapers. The rest I would agree with you, and maybe bombing Detroit, but I do still have relatives there---bomb it anyway.

No, I meant that if we have ENOUGH money to bomb the rest of the world, why wasn't the government taking care of cities like Detroit, Pittsburgh...? It is clear that the government (by government I mean, the people that have been ruling for years now) has no interests in saving Americans. If they can kill children for oil, gas and other commodity, they will care less about Americans. And, it is exactly what is happening. They ruined economically, environmentally the country and now they are hunting for greener pasture. Our presence in the middle east and Africa is a telltale sign.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

"Art 1, sect 8 clearly states that CONGRESS shall have power to declare wars..., to raise and support armies..., to make rules for the government..., to make all laws which shall be necessary for carrying into execution the foregoing powers…"

An ex-military man informed me that our generals are advising Obama the best course/s to take, but he is ignoring them… If they resist or argue with him, they are labeled as racists. (Is this rude? un PC? off topic?)

During Kennedy's tenure those same generals were pushing Kennedy to press the nuclear button, Eisenhower warned the public against the influence and power of military industrial complex... Doesn't it say a lot about those generals?

"October 7 - President Kennedy signs the Partial Test Ban Treaty, prohibiting all nuclear weapons testing providing an exception for underground nuclear testing only." Wikipedia
                              Why did those generals want to press Kennedy to...
                                                  Push the BUTTON?

Haven't you noticed that most of governments aren't well-intentioned? Haven't you noticed that when Kennedy became president a certain tension, called cold war, existed between the US and Russia? Until now Brzezinski, Obama's master, is caressing the dream of eliminating Russia from the world map? If you didn't know, and you are REALLY interested in the topic why not reading Webster Griffin Tarpley's "Obama, the postmodern coup". But, BEWARE, it requires a lot of efforts (to type on the computer the title, to look for your plastic card number, to purchase it, to wait for the delivery...).

1. profile image58
              retief2000posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nixon's bona fides as an anti-Communist were at least as strong as Kennedy's, perhaps stronger. Kennedy wasn't elected to fight the Cold Was, he was elected because - TELEVISION!!

Television or because he was smarter and telegenic? Why did you think Obama was elected for his "involvement" in the community?

1. profile image58
                  retief2000posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Obama was the culmination of a very long plan. He is proof that we lost the Cold War. Kennedy was hardly smarter. When surveyed the radio audience preferred Nixon, why - because he was smarter.

http://youtu.be/gbrcRKqLSRw
                    Which survey said that Nixon was the winner? Because I don't see in which subject he was better than Kennedy. But again, if it was REALLY the case, didn't the American electorate chose twice consecutively  Bush as a president?

2. GA Anderson profile image89
              GA Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As you seem to put a lot of credibility into Tarpley, I did one of those famous 20-minute google searches.

How can one address a conspiritist(sp?)? All debunking proof is declared to be proof of the conspiracy. All skepticism of the conspiracies is deemed to be naivety.   Your Tarpley's writings may resonate with your perspectives, but other than a validation of those perspectives - what is your "proof" of his truth(s)?

As for his credibility, here is an excerpt from one of his book promos:
              "Exhaustively documented by intensive search of dozens of archives and months of interviews with government insiders, this biography digs up all the dirt - frightening, gory, hilarious - on the Bush dynasty: how the Bushes made their fortune building up Hitler and the Nazi war machine; "

Months of interviews? "digs up all the dirt?"  "building up the Nazi war machine?"Really? This is the expert you rely on for information?

GA

Here is a nobody talking about a man that he NEVER read. Who do you think you are? If you read the book and oppose a valid argumentation I understand but if you oppose me without knowledge I will denigrate your arrogance.
                His book is a rational testimony of the descent of the US towards a dictatorship. It is scholarly argued and supported. His intellectual reasoning and knowledge give to his book the dimension of a historical document. Since you didn't read, dare contradict me!
                Which conspiracy theory of his didn't become true? Again if he is a conspiracy theorist, what makes you? A servile and fervent jingoist? To be polite.
                Who is your "expert"? O' Reilly?

1. GA Anderson profile image89
                  GA Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well... I guess you certainly nailed me didn't you.

I did read most of the preview pages available for a couple of his books. It did not take long for me to feel justified in my original opinion.

That you call his writings "rational testimony" explains much about the tone of most of your forum comments.

If you are right, then I am just a cell in the matrix of a controlled citizenry which will never see the the truth hidden behind the curtain.

If I am right, then my world must be completely alien to you. I'm betting on the latter and believe you are equally as happy in your world as I am in mine. Which is as it should be.

ps. Now that I see the foundational material that supports your views, I promise to never contradict you again.

GA

You can contradict but at least be informed and rational. For you to quote Tarpley through someone else's quotation shows that you are part of the mass the one that doesn't think for itself. As for me, I am not ashamed to count among my sources, Meyssan, Tarpley, David Crist, John Perkins, Naomi Klein, Mickey Huff, Andy Lee Roth, Steve Coll, Jeremy Scahill, Michael Ruppert...
                    There are two separations in the American society one that yourself calls the conspiracy theorist and the other that I called the servile and fervent jingoist. If we accept those two fringes, I agree with you, you are just a cell in the matrix of citizenry.
                    When did I say I was happy? What does allow me to say that I am happy in a nascent dictatorship? Are we spied upon yes or no? If the answer is yes then what is the difference between the US, China and Russia? Knowing that, how can someone be happy? How can someone project their offspring in a possible future? If the world becomes one government (fascist?), one economy (neoliberal?), one money (derivative of the dollar?) what will my identity, my rights become?
                    Every people is traceable through their DNA. The people is at its purest form. The majority of Germans marry a German, a French a French etc...The only ones that would bring a problem would be royalty and aristocracy, the US and Israel. Everybody knows that royalty and aristocracy mixed their blood so did Americans and Israelis. It could explain the appellation "blue blood". In a way, they all lost their original ethnicity. So if I follow my theory it would make sense (as another incentive) that the people at the top would want to eradicate the ones at the bottom.

2. profile image57
          Education Answerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The generals encouraged Kennedy to use nuclear bombs against the Soviets?  Is this what you are saying?

That's exactly what they wanted.

1. profile image57

What is your source on this?

Why don't you first answer my original question?

1. profile image57

You're being evasive.  What was your question?  Was it directed at me?

The title of my forum. Isn't it the real subject?
                    If you knew me a little (through my interventions), you would have noticed that I am everything but evasive.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

BTW
      "The president is the Commander in Chief of the army and navy of the United States according to Alexander Hamilton in the Federalist Papers.

He states:
      "Of all the cares and concerns of government, the direction of war most peculiarly demands those qualities which distinguish the exercise of power by a single hand. The direction of war implies the direction of the common strength; and the power of directing and employing the common strength, forms an unusual and essential part in the definition of executive authority.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)