Shut up, Barbara Walters!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image56
    cdguerraposted 14 years ago

Barbara Walters said on "The View" that parents should not take their kids to see the Sasha Baron Cohen film "Bruno."  THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S RATED "R", STUPID!  And she said that she did not like the movie's use of penis jokes.  It's strange that she wasn't vocal when former co-host Rosie O'Donnell made an anti-Asian joke on the show.  It's obvious that she doesn't have a sense of humor.  And when did she become an authority of decency?  Isn't this the same woman that gave in to Monica Lewinski's 15 minutes of fame by interviewing her on television(I'm surprised she didn't ask Monica, "If Bill Clinton's penis was a tree, what kind of tree would it be?")?  So Barbara should shut up and retire before she makes any more stupid comments!

1. profile image56
      cdguerraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What I meant was she is probably conservative and that she probably participated in the "tea party" movement on tax day to protest President Obama's tax plan.  And members of the "tea party" call themselves "tea baggers."  So I figured that she is one of them.  I wish she would explain why Obama is racist or give proof to her claim.  And I don't watch "The View".  All those women do is talk over each other.  They sound like clucking hens.  I would rather hear Celine Dion sing than hear those women talk.  I hope that clears everything.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

I agree!
    Hey she needs to get in line behind Obama.
    First,  Obama shuts his racist immoral mouth,
    then Baabaa Waawaa does the same.
    Wouldn't that be just heavenly?!!

3. profile image56
    cdguerraposted 14 years ago

Whoa!  I didn't know my post attracted a tea bagger!  Only in America!

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

They both have a right to their opinions. Just because it doesn't match yours they should shut up?

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't you notice this is how most people are? smile

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, its so sad. Why Misha? WHYYYYYY? big_smile

1. Misha profile image64

Well, as long as you believe that your opinion on the topic is the only true one, everybody with a different opinion automatically become dumb morons smile

Then I guess I'm a dumb moron to them 10000000Xs over, because I often disagree (or just see another point of view) when it comes to people's opinions. smile

1. Misha profile image64

LOL It can be a bit more complicated. Let me make a statement: I think it's perfectly OK to have sex with underage girls, as soon as they get regular periods. Now, honestly look inside yourself, and see what a dumb moron I am wink

Ok Dumb Moron, smile but I still take in consideration background, culture etc. when I hear something that like. But I also think other things... pervert, ridiculous, lack of knowledge, selfish etc. I guess my point is that I often see different sides of the story and am usually open to hearing other opinions than my own. But that becomes difficult when the other party is closed minded and believes they are always correct (and that happens almost all the time). And anyone who thinks like that is arrogant. They just need to change their way of thinking. But easier said than done.

1. Misha profile image64

I know you are one of the most open minded persons around. smile I just wanted to show you that this "I hold the only truth" is really inside ALL of us. Knowing that I personally sometimes is as arrogant as they are helps me understand and tolerate such people better smile

2. Lockenbar profile image61
      Lockenbarposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, good for you. Both most certainly have a right to their own opinions and strong feelings one way or another. Personaly, I cringe somewhat over the "teabagger" comment. Can't people disagree with the current administartion without being shoehorned into a made for tv category. Then again, what do you expect from someone who watches "The View?"

Yeah not sure what "teabagging" has to do with it. smile That is a sexual term.
        "The View" is just that, the view of 5 different women, if you don't agree with one, I'm sure there is another.

3. Pamda Man profile image59
      Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was gonna say the same thing.

5. Colebabie profile image60

I guess its just hard for me because I usually base my opinion on my knowledge (science, health, experience with patients, in my own life), not on other things, ::cough:: ::cough::. But I understand your point. smile  I always prove my point, and then the person just changes their argument, and will NEVER admit that what I am saying may be true. That's kinda frustrating. I tolerate them, I have the patience for them, I just wish better for them. But I suppose that is how they feel about me.

Oh yeah, and the whole "dumb girl" thing is annoying too. smile

6. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Well science often is too approximate and sometimes is even outright wrong. Other people have their own life experience too. As I see it nowadays, it is really all relative. Well, not exactly see, I think I understand this with my mind, but my feelings pretty often are the same good old "ah, moron!" smile It takes an enormous amount of time and effort to internalize this idea smile

Oh, and yeah, I already noticed that your patience is exemplary. smile

7. Colebabie profile image60

I agree that science can be wrong, but I'm just talking about the basics here. Same with health. Like saying that only homosexuals get certain diseases. At that point I felt "ah, moron!". Yes most of it is relative, leading to the whole "open minded" idea. But apparently that is too difficult a concept for a lot of people to understand. A lot of people contribute my open mindedness to being young and naive. That is probably what bothers me the most. Because they're older, have experienced more out of life, and should be open to a lot more than me, but just aren't sad

1. Misha profile image64

Getting more open minded with age is a kind of Utopia. The process really goes the other way, because countless repetitions of causes and outcomes prompt us to set rigid believes on more and more things, and we stop paying attention to anything that might conflict with this particular "rule". When we set in stone enough rules to distort our world view to the point of absolute uselessness, we get a mid-life crisis, which is designed to open at least some of our set rules...

One of the possible explanations of the phenomenon smile

And no, even basic science can be perceived wrongly, and health (or rather medicine) is so gray area I don't even want to start on it. smile

8. Tyson Ellis profile image41
    Tyson Ellisposted 14 years ago

Oh the science thing, now I can agree with that. Or maybe it is a 'professional' thing. Reminds me of global warming... some pseudo-professionals say it's happening, some say it isn't. Economy? Some economists say we will quickly pull through, some say it will get worse first. I don't think both sides can be right. I guess it wasn't all that long ago when the world was flat. No one disputed that point of course, because scholars clearly stated that the world was flat... so it must have been.

9. Colebabie profile image60

Your explanation is interesting. And yes of course even basic science and medicine can be perceived wrongly, and have gray areas. Because just like everything else those fields are always changing. There are just certain things I suppose can't argue with. Particularly things I see with my own eyes. If someone told me the world was flat I would tell them they were wrong. But that isn't really a good example. But anyways it is because I choose to believe in the proof. I read scientific journals all the time, and like my professor says "you have to separate the truth, from the hogwash"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)