Where can I find Google Adsense Code

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. sallybea profile image94
    sallybeaposted 9 years ago

I am currently updating my website and would to include Google Adsense - where do I find the code I need to give to my webmaster for him to add it to my pages.

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure if your publisher id is what you'd give your webmaster, it's not really a code. I just know when I put ads on my sites, I have to create ad units which are actually code. It's at My ads and then create ad units. But I don't have a webmaster so I'm not sure what he or she is looking for.

Edit: Sorry, tired, left out some info. You get the code I mentioned at your actual Adsense account, not here at HP.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

It is your publisher code that usually starts with ca.  Go to your earnings page for hub pages earnings, it is right there at the Google Adsense spot.

sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Linda, would I use that same code for any site I were to monetize? I appreciate your help,

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Yes!

Thank you so much Linda - oh I do love this community.

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

Hi Sallybea.   Earnings>Settings>scroll down to External Affiliates>Google Adsense

Got it - thank you so much Phyllis.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
        Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Very good. You are most welcome.  smile

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

Ask Marisa Wright about 'AdSense verification of owned sites'.

Sorry, I did not finish that before I hit enter. There is a way to let Google AdSense know all the sites you have and I forgot how to do that.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Ah! Thanks, Linda. I bookmarked that page this time.  LOL

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61

What is complicated is claiming ownership of the site with code, I believe that they give you.

I am not sure I understand what you mean but I have had the site for several years.   I am changing it's useage with no change in domain name  from a photography site to a felting site.  I have my own domain name there and have had google analytics running on it for the same length of time.  The webmaster has asked me to give him  code from Google for a horizontal adsense block so that he can place the bar across the bottom of my pages using the code I asked about!   Does anyone know the answer to that?

I'm pretty sure what the webmaster is talking about is a leaderboard ad unit. You'd have to go into your adsense account, click my ads and then click creat new ad unit. It's kind of self explanatory from there; you pick the leaderboard ad format, get the code, copy it.

Edit: I'm very tired right now, but I'm wanting to help. Let me give better instructions --

you sign into your adsense account. At the top you'll see "my ads". You click on that. Next screen, you'll see a button that says "new ad unit". You click on that. The next screen will give you a choice of ad sizes. Sounded like your webmaster wants a leaderboard ad, because you said he or she wanted a horizontal ad. You'd click on the leaderboard and then "save and get code". It will give you the code which you can copy and send to the webmaster.

I'm hoping this is what you need. This is what it sounded like to me what the webmaster is asking for.

Just realized you won't get the notification of what I just wrote ^ unless I reply

Thanks NateB11
            Thank you, that was very helpful - i have sent the code to the webmaster - lets hope I got it right.
            Hope you have a good rest - best wishes
            Sally

I'm glad it helped (or hopefully does). And thank you, I'm going to try to get some rest. Hope it works out with the code.

Thanks, tomorrow is another day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)