If Science Found Out For Sure That...

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (69 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 9 years ago

people were gay because of their DNA, would you realize it's out of their control?

1. kess profile image59
      kessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

DNA cannot be responsible for identity,
      Identity is develop by the living through their experience of being and discerning of what is and what isn't.

Homosexuality is strictly an identity issue.
      Take note that to be classified as homosexual, you must first be a fully functional male. And if in a whim this male can be transformed into a homosexual by his DNA, without any adjustment or alteration to his functionalities which defines him as male , then it is possible this whim can make any and all probable combinations that could be imagined possible.
      For example it would be possible for a homosexual to be a lesbian.

You realise then that we are led right back to the problem of dentity and defining what is and what isn't.
      Except at this point we can be sure that there isn't anything that can be correctly identified therefore nothing is.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, DNA is as responsible for identity as environment.  A downs child (strictly DNA), for instance, will never be a genius. 

As far as homosexuality, you obviously have almost no idea of what it even is, let alone what causes it.

1. kess profile image59

Lol...what a thing.

DNA seems very useful then, I am sure it can tell you that the paraplegic cannot walk and the deaf mute cannot speak

Concerning my knowledge of homosexuality then I guess then it is reasonable for you to suggest that I am one.

If you do not think that your physical body (determined by DNA) plays a large part in your identity you are solely mistaken. 

I'll leave it to you to determine your own sexual preferences.  I have no idea and less interest.

1. kess profile image59

Get DNA to confirm your identity as a perpetual doubter....

...and try not to doubt the result.

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You do know that there are both men and women homosexuals?

3. profile image0

I don't know where you got your pretend medical license

4. profile image0

DNA which is deoxyribonucleic acid,  is a self-replicating material (It reproduces itself) which is present in almost all living organisms as the main constituent of chromosomes. It is the carrier of genetic information.
        The chromosomes (two X chromosomes in females, one X and one Y in males) determines our sex (male/female)
        The XX-XY sex determination system is only one of a many of such systems. DNA plays a part in everything
        I'm sorry if you can't follow what is being said

1. kess profile image59

Wish you we going somewhere with all this, plus you final statement taken at face value is blatantly ignorant.
          Maybe you should consider an edit so as to add some context/direction to your entire post.

1. profile image0

Everything is in my post, and is complete. I'm a nurse and have my MSN, and my undergraduate is in biology, nothing I said is "ignorant" and stop calling me names, please
            You might want to read what I was replying to. DNA is responsible for our gender, and gender identity

1. kess profile image59

From an ignorant statement to a dishonest post. Though I do note the adjustment made.
              Anyway I leave you to it...

1. profile image0

I made no adjustment to what I said, and I am far from dishonest and ignorant. You do realize that my comment was 5 hours ago, and can't be edited after that long
                Edit: The mistake you made comes from not reading the entire comment before replying as I did to Aime's comment

1. Aime F profile image70
                  Aime Fposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would just ignore him as his original post was absolute nonsense... Pretty clear he has no real grasp on what's ignorant and what's not.

1. profile image0

Thank you, and I apologize for replying to your other comment smile

2. profile image0

Do you have a masters or PhD in anything ?

5. profile image0

You do realize that females can be homosexual too, and it's not just males?
        Edit: Something has indeed been identified! I said this in my second comment

6. profile image0

It is my observation, that our environment doesn't teach us what to react to, (or what gender we are), but rather, how to react to ourselves, others, and situations. They are learned responses, not innate ones.
        Being gay is not a learned response
        There is more than one medical reason it's not a choice

2. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As you can see, others have quickly let you know that DNA is not a probable culprit in the determination of homo or hetro sexuality.

So, if your question were rephrased to ask if science could prove that homosexuality was not a controllable conscious choice... would the implications of that question be the same as the one you posed?

Meaning, you seem to be asking if some proof were found contradicting a judgement that homosexuality is a conscious choice - would that make a difference to folks.

Or have I misread your intent?

GA

3. the essayist profile image61
      the essayistposted 9 years agoin reply to this

But science CANNOT prove that.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. -  Genesis 1:27

He didn't make any mistakes!

1. profile image0

God then intended to make people without arms, without a brain or some other gross malfunction?  He intended to make the AIDS virus?  God intends to make people incapable of determining right from wrong?

There are an awful lot of "mistakes" out there for never making one...

1. profile image0

??  Are you saying man made the AIDS virus?  Because I indicated the religious belief that God made it.

(You DO know that not everyone with aids got it from "promiscuous relationships"?)

1. profile image0

I am saying that a couple of types of monkeys can cause many serious diseases in humans.  Many viral diseases that cause very few problems in monkeys are severe, and most oft times fatal when the virus enters a human.

The leading Aids scientists tried to promote two theories that aids came from monkeys (I believe Rhesus monkeys, and chimpanzees)..but in the late 80s researchers found those theories to be incorrect.

In the early 60s, they began a government funded research program where they developed many animal viruses, those that would produce cancer, and immune system damage when it crossed over from animal, to human.
                This was done under the guise to study lymphoma (an immune cancer) and leukemia (a blood cancer)
                After a few years they included the study of many cancers, so they developed, and nurtured many more disease causing viruses.
                Later they decided to implement Biological Warfare research, and so they did....and the beat goes on
                Yes, I know that not everyone infected with HIV, got it from promiscuous  relationships
                When I said that I didn't realize how it sounded..but being promiscuous  didn't/doesn't help

I think you've been reading too many conspiracy theorists; people made life (AIDs virus), turned it into a biological weapon, and spread it through Africa.  Not!

Googling "origin of the aids virus" produces mostly that it came from monkeys in Africa.  One article toys with cancer research, but never produces a link between the two.  Just a rough time correlation with no other connection.

Another plays with polio and/or hepatitus, but again can produce no link.  Only speculation that it could have happened because, after all, everyone knows the British are out to get Africans.

I'll stick with the commonly accepted thinking: "There are two species of the virus, HIV-1 and HIV-2. The first evolved from a simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) found in chimpanzees, while the second came from an SIV in a type of monkey called the sooty mangabey." without trying to make it into a huge conspiracy.  (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline … igins.html)

1. profile image0

I'm a nurse, and we discussed this, during classes to renew our license with the state
                    Maybe you should research the Special Virus Cancer Program
                    I haven't read a conspiracy theory in my life, much less too many
                    It seems you only believe the mundane...this is why I will not discuss my experiences with you

2. profile image0

Site
                    http://www.smokershistory.com/masquer.htm
                    Site
                    http://www.tetrahedron.org/gao_fraud.html

Google search
                    https://www.google.com/search?q=SVCP&am … er+Program

2. Aime F profile image70

So why is being homosexual a "mistake"?

2. Cgenaea profile image61
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

There is probably a gene for stealing, Science calls it kleptomania. A gene for over-sexuality, Science calls it sex addiction. A gene for paraphilias; fetish. ... killing; psychopathic/anti-social... if the homosexual cannot help himself, he feels no conviction about it. It is natural for him.
    Knowledge of an issue, is reason for repentance. 
    When you seek God, you find him. Via your relationship, he corrects whatever he sees fit. He's a great dad. He hides A LOT of fault. He eases the pain.
    "One thing that i desire of the Lord. And that, will i seek after; that I may dwell..." it's in there.
    He turns no one away. His will is most important. So, we stay before him. And we pray... he judges the heart's intent... HIM alone, do we serve.

3. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 9 years ago

Anyone with even a basic understanding of Psychology will confirm that nature and nurture both play significant roles in how a person turns out.

Heterosexuals who pretend it's a choice should probably enter into a relationship with someone of the same sex and see how easy it is for them to just 'choose' to be attracted to that person, to become sexually aroused by that person, to have intimate feelings for that person.

While I wholeheartedly believe that there needs to be some biological factor present that determines sexual preference, it doesn't matter to me either way. Whether someone chooses to be gay, whether they were born that way... I could not care less. People should be with whoever makes them happy, it's got nothing to do with the rest of us.

1. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. profile image0

I'm not pretending, and neither is the medical field of doctors who discovered this truth, it's not a choice

1. Cgenaea profile image61
        Cgenaeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What does it mean to you that it is not a choice? And why is it so important?

1. profile image0

It's important because they are people with feelings, who have put up with a lot of attack from religious people
          It's not a choice because they are born homosexual

They put up with a lot of attack from all types. Just as heterosexual people do.
            The main reason for attack from religion is simply because the bible says...
            Just as the bible says... for heterosexual people, or thieving people, or hypersexual people, or whatever...
            Being born with a tendency to go against scripture means a life standing before God in prayer about it.
            Being born homosexual, does not nullify any rule about it.
            But this is only for those who want to adhere to whatever doctrine.
            If a person does not care what the bible says, none of the attacks profit.
            So, maybe it is my desire to be with women, but my God says no. That means adjustment on my part. Not his. If I do not want to adjust (even if it means no sex ever) I say no, to his will. But if I'm not Religious, what does it matter?

1. profile image0

The bible does not teach that it is wrong to be homosexual, that belief is due to misinterpretation, and a lack of bible knowledge, plus hate in the hearts of people who think it is their place to judge others

Ok. If the bible does not teach that in your opinion,  it's God who judges.
                Hate probably has nothing to do with it. Judging others probably has nothing to do with it.
                Many people believe that the bible, in fact, does teach that homosexuality is wrong.
                But if one may take what the bible says about homosexuality and figure it to be something else, God judges.
                Only he reads the heart, its knowledge, and its intent. He has the final say.

1. profile image0

I agree that God is all, in all

3. profile image0

That's not true of the heterosexuals or homosexuals. neither is made by our environment, and I have more than a basic knowledge of Psychology

1. Aime F profile image70

It was in reference to buddy's claim that identity is separate from biology.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Funny, I always think of myself as a biology organism being first not a Christian straight first. I could have the lesbian DNA in me, trap in a man's body. Don’t think I could choose men for sex if I can’t perform the first passionate first kiss.

4. profile image0

Science has found a reason, and in the future you will probably hear more and more about it.
    They found it accidentally, and It has to do with the Chimeras. It isn't a choice

5. profile image0

No I would never express my experiences to you, not in a million years

I wasn't pointing you to anything about aids, but to the fact that they harvest viruses, this thread isn't about aids...
    Do you actually think harvesting viruses is a conspiracy theory? Of course I see you are holding onto the
    outdated idea/theory,  that it came from monkeys..debunked in the eighties

Oh, the experiences would be fine - we all have a myriad of experience ranging from mundane to downright weird.

It's the conclusions those experiences have produced that we will inevitably differ on - that and the reasoning process used to get from experience to conclusion.

1. profile image0

Because you are all seeing,  know all truths, know the true experiences of others, and you are never wrong, but everyone else is. I guess you are saying that you can't be taught anything, by anyone. I 've got you
        I believe you would argue about how to do heart surgery, with a Pulmonary, and Cardiovascular surgeon.
        Of course you would, especially if he was a hubber

You might want to research mkultra project. You probably think that the government was innocent when Americans learned of the LSD project, that killed at least two

In the links you gave, can you give just ONE link proving that the AIDs virus was created in a lab doing biological warfare, or even cancer research?  Just ONE email, carefully hidden for decades, saying they had invented the AIDs virus?  ONE interoffice memo?  ONE research paper, written by the inventor?  Anything?

That IS the claim, you know...that cancer research invented AIDs and it was turned into a biological weapon.

1. profile image0

I didn't say it was turned into a biological weapon. I said " Later they decided to implement Biological Warfare research, RESEARCH and so they did....and the beat goes on"
            http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127306? … ost2690169
            And I told you before to not put words in my mouth, I'm tired of it
            Do you actually think our government is above this? Still living in the 50s?

I don't see a link yet.  No email, no memo, no paper written up.  Does that mean you can't point to one and are just taking the word of someone else that also can't point to anything?

1. profile image0

I learned it in classes, and I have told you what to look up at  the library
                You don't accept internet links

??  Where do you get the idea I won't check a link?  Please stop putting words in my mouth.

You gave 4 links, but not a single one provided any proof whatsoever.  Some didn't mention your claim and the rest repeated it in general terms, but without proof of any kind.  We all understand that liars abound on the net, which is why something more than a simple claim is necessary for knowledge.  Or do you simply accept anything you read?

1. profile image0

You might want to look it up under "The National Cancer Institute's Special Virus Cancer Program", that's how it is listed in my class notes

Look it up at the public library
                    I have no more to say about it, so no need to reply

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 9 years ago

I was always under the impression that Scientist used monkeys to infect with polio.
    Then removed the monkeys liver making a vaccine for polio.
    Then inoculating 100s of thousands of Africans with the vacine.
    And "IF" just one or two of these monkeys were of the infected kind; Then Aids would have inadvertently been introduced into Africa.

I don't know !!    just seems more plausible to me than other theories I've heard.

I don't know...  did they use monkey livers making vaccines.

7. profile image0

Medical Doctors, Scientist who worked within the SVCP program, aka  special virus cancer program
    Reference, and reading Material
    An Administrative History of the
    National Cancer Institute’s Viruses and Cancer Programs, 1950-1972
    By Carl G. Baker, M.D
    Dr. Baker was also made NCI Acting Scientific Director and represented the Institute at the NIH Scientific Directors meetings
    The NCI funding of the SVCP resources programs with contracts not only made possible more rapid scientific advances, but also led to the creation, as needs arose, of new commercial developments and even a whole new industry.
    The progress made in understanding cancer causation, especially with regard to the role
    of genetics, was outstanding between 1953 and 1972. Even more impressive has been the progress made after that period. Viral oncology efforts contributed greatly to this progress. The scientific aspects of these advances have been well documented. The science-administrative aspects and the managerial decisions behind these program developments, however, have not been well set forth. This manuscript attempts to correct this deficiency. Many people, especially the staff of the NCI, who played important roles in these developments, are identified. These developments made possible the decisions that gave stronger administrative support to viral oncology and the successful justifications for the requests for additional funding. The viral oncology Program and indeed the whole field of virology, benefited.
    The NCI funding of the SVCP resources programs with contracts not only made possible more rapid scientific advances, but also led to the creation, as needs arose, of new commercial developments and even a whole new industry.
    The 1969 discovery of oncogenes, viral and cellular, was an exceptionally important advance in cancer research because it demonstrated more concretely the role of genetics in cancer development at the molecular level. This finding, along with the discoveries of excision enzymes (allowing selective chemical dissection of DNA), and, later, cloning and oncogenes present in “normal” chromosomes, have led to explosive advances in cancer causation, genetics and developmental biology. Chemistry developments continue to yield new analytic procedures and syntheses (in the past 30 years the number of known chemical compounds has increased from 3 million to 23 million). Many signal chemical compounds that switch on or off reactions in the body’s metabolic pathways are being discovered. Other signal compounds switch off gene actions (repressor compounds) or switch on gene actions (derepressor compounds). Relationships between DNA coding and the protein structures are being worked out, and the way the proteins assume different configurations under different conditions and how the shapes affect the reactions are being discovered. Three dimensional computer imaging of these proteins is aiding drug discovery and development. Administrative decisions to put more funds into developing various resources needed for viral oncology research were also of great importance. These viral oncology program components made additional contributions to the laying of groundwork for further development of molecular biology and biotechnology. The current increased rapid rate of reporting of new findings is leading to greater understanding of cancer, one of mankind’s most feared enemies. NCI viral oncology activities in the years between 1953 and 1972 deserve to be recognized as a strong foundation for subsequent investigations in the virology area of research.
    Reading List
    1. Ackoff, R.L., Gupta, S.K. and Minas, J.S., Scientific Method: Optimizing Applied
    Research Decisions, John Wiley & Sons, New York (1962).
    2. Albritton, Jr., C.C., The Abyss of Time, Jeremy P. Tarcher, Inc., Los Angeles (1986). 3. Bernard, C., An Introduction to the Study of Exprimental Medicine (first published in
    1865), Henry Schuman, Inc., New York (1949).
    4. Barrett, P., Editor, The Collected Papers of Charles Darwin, The University of
    Chicago Press, Chicago (1977).
    5. Bernstein, L., The Joy of Music, Simon and Schuster, New York (1959).
    6. Blum, H.F., Time’s Arrow and Evolution, 2nd Edition, Princeton University Press,
    Princeton (1955).
    7. Bonner, J.T., Morphogenesis, an Essay on Development, Princeton University Press,
    Princeton (1952); Reprinted by Atheneum, New York (1963).
    8. MA (1974).
    - On Development: The Biology of Form, Harvard University Press, Cambridge,
    9. - The Evolution of Complexity by Means of Natural Selection, Princeton University Press, Princeton (1988).
    10. Briggs, J., Fractals. The Patterns of Chaos, Simon and Schuster, New York (1992).
    11. Broda, E., Ludwig Boltzmann. Man – Physicist – Philosopher, Ox Bow Press, Woodbridge, CT (1983).
    12. Bronowski, J., The Ascent of Man, Little, Brown and Company, Boston (1953).
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    The Common Sense of Science, Vantage Books, New York.
    A Sense of the Future, the MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (1977).
    The Visionary Eye: Essays in the Arts, Literature, and Science, The MIT
    Press, Cambridge, MA (1978).
    16. - The Origins of Knowledge and Imagination, Yale University Press, New
    Haven (1978).
    17. Bronowski, J. and Mazlish, B., The Western Intellectual Tradition, Dorset Press
    (1986); first published by Harper & Brothers (1960).
    18. Brooks, D.R. and Wiley, E.O., Evolution as Entropy: Toward a Unified Theory of
    Biology, (Second Edition), The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, (1988).
    19. Burk, J.N., The Life and Works of Beethoven, Random House, New York (1943). 20. Burkhardt, F., Editor, Charles Darwin’s Letters. A Selection, Cambridge University
    Press, Cambridge (1996).
    21. Clark, K., Civilisation, Harper & Row, Publishers, New York (1969).
    22. Churchman, C.W., The Systems Approach, Dell Publishing Co., Inc., New York
    (1968).
    23. Cleland, D.I. and King, W.R., Systems Analysis and Project Management, McGraw- Hill Book Company, New York (1968).
    24. Cooper, G.M., Oncogenes, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc., Boston (1990).
    25. Darnell, J., Lodish, H. and Baltimore, D., Molecular Cell Biology, Scientific American Books, Inc., New York, (1986).
    26. Darwin, Charles, The Voyage of the Beagle, Bantam books, New York (1958) [The voyage lasted from 1831 to 1836].
    27. - Journal of Researches, P.F. Collier and Son, New York (1900 [Originally published in 1845].
    28. - The Origin of Species by Natural Selection or, The Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life, A.L. Burt Company, Publishers, New York (6th Edition) [The First Edition was published in 1859].
    29. - The Descent of Man and Selections in Relation to Sex, P.F. Collier and Son, New York (1900) [Originally published in 1871].
    30. - The Different Forms of Flowers on Plants of the Same Species, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago (1986) [Based on the 1888 Edition; the First Edition was published in 1877].
    31. - The Autobiography of Charles Darwin and Selected Letters, Dover Publications, Inc., New York (1958) [Edited by Francis Darwin; first published in 1892].
    32. Davidson, M., Uncommon Sense. The Life and Thought of Ludwig von Bertalanffy (1901-1972), Father of General Systems Theory, J.P. Tarcher, Inc., Los Angeles (1983).
    33. Dawkins, R., The Selfish Gene, Oxford University Press, New York (1976). 34. - The Blind Watchmaker, W. W. Norton & Company, New York (1987).
    35. - Unweaving the Rainbow, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston (1998).
    36. Dubos, R. J., The Professor, the Institute, and DNA, The Rockefeller University Press, New York, (1976).
    37. Einstein, A. and Infeld, L., The Evolution of Physics. The Growth of Ideas from Early Concepts to Relativity and Quanta, Simon and Schuster, New York (1938).
    38. Elsasser, W.M., Reflections on a Theory of Organisms; Holism in Biology, The Johns Hopkins University press, Baltimore (1987).
    39. Farrant, P.A., Color in Nature, Cassel & Co., London (1999).
    40. Gallo, R., Virus Hunting; AIDS, Cancer, and the Human Retrovirus: A Story of Scientific Discovery, Basic Books, New York, (1991).
    41. Company, 42.
    New York (1976).
    Gardner, M., Fractal Music, Hypercards and More . . . , W.H. Freeman and New York (1991).
    Gleick, J., Chaos, Penguin Books, New York (1987).
    Goodwin, B.C., Temporal Organization in Cells, Academic Press, New York (1963). 44. - Analytical Physiology of Cells and Developing Organisms, Academic Press,
    Norton & Company, Inc., New York (1989).
    Gould, S.J., Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and The Nature of History, W.W.
    46. Gross, L., Oncogenic Viruses, (Third Edition), Two Volumes, Pergamon Press, New York (1983).
    47. Groves, L., Now It Can Be Told: The Story of the Manhattan Project, Harper, New York (1962) [Unabridged paperback edition with a new Introduction by Edward Teller, published by Da Capo Press, Inc. (1983)].
    48. Hanson, J.K. and Morrison, D., Of Kinkajous, Capybaras, Horned Beetles, Seladangs, and the Oddest and Most Wonderful Mammals, Insects, Birds, and Plants of Our World, HarperCollins Publishers, New York (1991).
    49. Helmholtz, H., On the Sensations of Tone as a Physiological Basis for the Theory of Music, Dover Publications, New York (1954) [Second English Edition, based on the last German Edition of 1877].
    50. Hiscocks, E.S., Laboratory Administration, Macmillan & Co, Ltd., London, England (1956).
    51. Hoeber, R., Physical Chemistry of Cells and Tissues (with the collaboration of Hitchcock, D., Bateman, J., Goddard, D., and Fenn, W.), The Blakiston Company, Philadelphia (1945).
    52. Hogben, L., Mathematics for the Million, W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., New York (1940).
    53. - Mathematics in the Making, Crescent Books, Inc., London (1960).
    54. Kaandorp, J.A., Fractal Modelling. Growth and Form in Biology, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1994).
    55. Kauffman, S.A., The Origins of Order, Oxford University Press, New York (1993).
    56. - At Home in the Universe: The Search for Laws of Self-Organization and Complexity, Oxford University Press, New York (1995).
    57. Kuhn, T.S., The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, 2nd Edition, University of Chicago Press, Chicago (1970).
    58. Laplace, P.S., A Philosophical Essay on Probabilities (translated from the Sixth French Edition; the Third Edition dates from 1820), Dover Publications, Inc., New York (1951).
    59. Lavoisier, A., Elements of Chemistry (1789), Dover Publications, Inc., New York (1965).
    60. Lewis, G.N. and Randall, M. (revised by Pitzer, K.S. and Brewer, L.), Thermodynamics, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., New York (1961).
    61. Lindley, D., Boltsmann’s Atom, Simon & Schuster, Inc., New York (2001).
    62. Lotka, A.J., Elements of Mathematical Biology, Dover Publications, Inc., New York (1956) [Published in 1924 as Elements of Physical Biology].
    63. Luria, S.E., Life, The Unfinished Experiment, Charles Scribner’s Sons, New York (1973).
    64. Lwoff, A., Biological Order, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (1962).
    65. Mach, E., The Science of Mechanics. A Critical and Historical Account of its Development, 4th English Edition, The Open Court Publishing Co., Chicago (1919) [First Edition published in 1883].
    66. - The Analysis of Sensations, from the 5th German Edition of 1906, Dover Publications, Inc., New York (1959) [First Edition published in 1885].
    67. - Space and Geometry in the Light of Physiological, Psychological, and Physical Inquiry, The Open Court Publishing Company, LaSalle, Illinois (1906).
    68. Malthus, T., A Summary View of the Principle of Population, published in 1830, reprinted in Three Essays on Population by Thomas Malthus, Julian Huxley and Frederick Osborn, The New American Library of World Literature, Inc. (1960).
    69. Mandelbrot, B.B., The Fractal Geometry of Nature, W.H. Freeman and Company, New York (1997).
    70. Minsky, M., The Society of the Mind, Simon and Schuster, New York (1986). 374
    71. Monod, J., Chance and Necessity, Alfred A. Knopf, New York (1971).
    72. Needham, J., Order and Life, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (1936).
    73. Newman, J.R., The World of Mathematics, Four Volumes, Simon and Schuster, New
    York (1956).
    74. Nicolis, G. and Prigogine, I., Self-Organization in Nonequilibrium Systems. From
    Dissipative Structures to Order through Fluctuations, John Wiley & Sons, New York (1977). 75. Nossal, G.J.V. and Coppel, R.L., Reshaping Life, 2nd Edition, Cambridge University
    Press, Cambridge (1989).
    76. Pearson, K., The Grammar of Science, J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd., London (1937) [First
    published 1892].
    77. Peitgen, H.-O. and Richter, P.H., The Beauty of Fractals, Springer-Verlag, Berlin
    (1986).
    78. Peitgen, H.-O. and Saupe, D., Editors, The Science of Fractal Images, Springer-
    Verlag, Berlin (1988).
    79. Pledge, H.T., Science Since 1500, Peter Smith, Gloucester, MA (1969).
    80. Posin, D.Q., Mendeleyev. The Story of a Great Scientist, McGraw-Hill book
    Company, Inc., New York (1948).
    81. Poston, T. and Stewart, I., Catastrophe Theory and Its Applications, Pitman
    Publishing Limited, London (1978).
    82. Prigogine, I., The End of Certainty, The Free Press, New York (1996).
    83. Prigogine, I. and Stengers, I., Order Out of Chaos, Bantam Books, Inc., New York,
    (1984).
    84. Prusinkiewicz, P. and Lindenmayer, A., The Algorithmic Beauty of Plants, Springer- Verlag, Berlin (1990).
    85. Quastler, H., Editor, Information Theory in Biology, University of Illinois Press, Urbana (1953).
    86. Raff, R. A. and Kaufman, T. C., Embryos, Genes, and Evolution, Indiana University Press, Bloomington, IN (1991)
    87. Raff, R. A., The Shape of Life: Genes, Development, and the Evolution of Animal Form, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago (1996).
    88. Rettig, R. A., Cancer Crusade: The Story of the National Cancer Act of 1971, Princeton University Press, Princeton (1977).
    89. Rosen, R., Dynamical System Theory in Biology. Stability Theory and Its Applications, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1970).
    90. Russell, B., A History of Western Philosophy, Simon and Schuster, New York (1945).
    91. Schoenheimer, R., The Dynamic State of Body Constituents, Harvard University Press, Cambridge (1946).
    92. Schottenfeld, D. and Fraumeni, Jr., J., Editors, Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention, Oxford University Press, New York (1996). 93. Schrodinger, E., What is Life? The Physical Aspect of the Living Cell, The Macmillan Company, New York (1945).
    94. Shimkin, M.B., Science and Cancer, U. S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., (1964).
    95. Smith, H.W., From Fish to Philosopher, The Natural History Library, Doubleday & Company, Inc., Garden City, New York (1961).
    96. Smith, J. Maynard, The Problems of Biology, Oxford University Press, Oxford, England (1986).
    97. Strickland, S.P., Politics, Science, and Dread Disease, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA (1972).
    98. Suner, A.P., Classics of Biology, Philosophical Library, New York (1955).
    99. Thom, R., Structural Stability and Morphogenesis, W.A. Benjamin, Inc., Reading, MA (1975).
    100. Thompson, D’Arcy W., On Growth and Form (Second Edition), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England (1942).
    101. Tufte, E.R., The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, Graphics Press, Cheshire, Connecticut (1983).
    102. - Envisioning Information, Graphics Press, Cheshire, Connecticut (1990).
    103. Varmus, H. and Weinberg, R.A., Genes and the Biology of Cancer, Scientific American Library, New York (1993).
    104. Vogel, S., Life’s Devices: The Physical World of Animals and Plants, Princeton University Press, Princeton (1988).
    105. Von Bertalanffy, L., Problems of Life. An Evaluation of Modern Biological Thought, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York (1949).
    106. - Theoretische Biologie. Band II, Stoffwechsel, Wachstum, A. Franke, Bern (1951).
    107. - Modern Theories of Development. An Introduction to Theoretical Biology, Harper & Brothers, New York (1962). [Originally published in 1933].
    108. Waddington, C.H., The Nature of Life, George Allen & Unwin, Ltd., London, England (1961).
    109. Waldrop, M.M., Complexity: The Emerging Science at the Edge of Order and Chaos, Simon & Schuster, New York (1992).
    110. Wallace, A.R., The Malay Archipelago. The Land of the Orang-Utan and the Bird of Paradise. A Narrative of Travel with Studies of Man and Nature, Dover Publications, Inc., New York (1962) [The Tenth Edition was published in 1890. Wallace dedicated the book to Charles Darwin. The First Edition was dated 1868].
    111. Watson, J.D., The Double Helix, The New American Library, New York (1968).
    112. Webb, J.E., Space Age Management: The Large Scale Approach, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York (1969).
    113. Wheeler, L.P., Josiah Willard Gibbs. The History of a Great Mind, Yale University Press, New Haven (1952).
    114. Whewell, W., Theory of Scientific Method, Edited by R.E. Butts, Hackett publishing Company, Indianapolis, Indiana (1989) [Largely based on Whewell’s History of the Inductive Sciences (1837), The Philosophy of the Inductive Sciences (1840), and other writings].
    115. Whitehead, A.N., Science and the Modern World, The Macmillan Company, New York (1925).
    116. - The Aims of Education, The Macmillan Company, New York (1929). 117. Wilson, E. O., The Diversity of Life, W.W. Norton & Company, New York (1992).

Nice! 

Now about that claim that cancer research produced the AID's virus in a test tube, whereupon it became a part of biological warfare...

(Did you forget what you were trying to show?)

1. profile image0

You asked for reference about the intentional production of animal viruses to generate diseases, under the guise of research cancer. I gave it,to you.  They also developed a research group to study and implement Biological Warfare.

You seem to think everyone who believes in God is stupid, and when you find those you can't shake up, and rattle you become angry, it's obvious to me at least

Oh, and the reason that when you Google the origin of Aids, it mostly points toward monkeys, is because although it was debunked in 1988, it wasn't really announced publicly. The people still stating it came from monkeys, are the ones who know the least about it, and are still hanging onto the monkey theory

Then there is our misunderstanding, for I surely took your words to mean that AIDs was developed in a lab doing cancer research.

"The leading Aids scientists tried to promote two theories that aids came from monkeys (I believe Rhesus monkeys, and chimpanzees)..but in the late 80s researchers found those theories to be incorrect.

In the early 60s, they began a government funded research program where they developed many animal viruses, those that would produce cancer, and immune system damage when it crossed over from animal, to human."

If you didn't mean that, I'm at a loss to understand why you went from "it wasn't in monkeys after all" directly to cancer research.  The words aren't there, but I thought I understood your inference that the research created the AIDs virus.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127306#post2690169

You also continued in the same vein, saying that the theories were debunked and providing links to cancer research in succeeding posts.

My apologies once more if that wasn't the thrust and you were instead instituting a total change of topic.

But angry?  Not at all even though you have deteriorated in several posts to outright defamation and rudeness (and yes, I CAN quote those directly, including this one).

1. profile image0

The theories that Aids came from monkeys were debunked in 1988
            How is that saying anything about aids being manufactured? (though I wouldn't put it past them)
            They developed animal viruses that cause diseases in human*, when the viruses cross from animals to humans. They did this under the guise of cancer research, but later developed a research group to study and implement Biological Warfare.
            *(such as cancer, and immunological breakdown)
            If you feel this is wrong, check the references I gave and written by those who participated

I also said that many viral diseases that cause very few problems in monkeys are severe, and most often fatal when the virus enters a human.

Why do you feel that the VIPs in America would never do this?
            Being in the medical field, I've seen many things the general public is unaware of. If I told you these things, you would say I'm lying because they are so horrific
            I worked for a major medical and research hospital

I know that.  What I didn't understand (and still don't) is what the cancer research comment had to do with debunking the monkey theory of aids.  You went from one to the other with zero explanation, and completely left the subject of AIDs origin in left field: I simply (and apparently mistakenly) connected the dots and put the two together.

1. profile image0

The government seriously developed, and are concerned with Biological Warfare. I thought of one, which lead me to think of the other, and I wrote it down. You have your way of expression, I have mine

I see.  Well, I'm sorry for misunderstanding.

But it's Christmas Eve and time to relax with family and grandchildren.  You have a wonderful Christmas.

1. profile image0

2. profile image0

It is the reason I jumped from Aids to cancer research, but you misunderstood, and started your attack, so I forgot to tell you to read it again, and try to understand what I wrote

2. profile image0
        JoelMcLendonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to have the link to this alleged statement myself. I believe she's answered your question

1. profile image0

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)