Editor Pro

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Au fait profile image84
    Au faitposted 8 years ago

Just went to my acct. page and there's a huge banner that says my hub has been selected for editing.  Thing is, I opted out of that program.  When I went to my edit profile page the place where I opted out is missing.  It doesn't say which hub they are working on.  Does anyone know if they have discontinued the opt out option?

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Here's the blog post which explains the new HubPro,

http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/08/19/int … y-updates/

The option for HubPro is toggled in your profile, under account settings.  You need to answer one of your security questions to access this area and opt in or out.

https://hubpages.com/my/profile/account

Au faitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I opted out from the program from day 1.  Why should I have to do that again?  How often do I have to opt out?  I thought once would be enough.

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can opt out of HubPro Premium but you can't opt out of HubPro Basic. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/132575

I usually keep up with these things pretty well.  I didn't know there was a basic and a premium. 

When I went to my account page this morning the banner was gone.  None of my hubs were ever designated with the green circle as being in ProHub, I guess it's called.  So maybe they made a mistake . . .

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

This just happened, so it would have been easy for you to miss.  Now everybody is subject to "Hub Pro Basic" but you can "Opt out" of Hub Pro Premium.  And the beat goes on....

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image70
        Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think that is just WRONG that the Hub Moderators would take someone's work and change it to suit themselves.
        There should be no opt -in or opt-out.

1. moonlake profile image81
          moonlakeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

2. PegCole17 profile image94
          PegCole17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. Au fait profile image84

Well, I found the newsletter explaining the difference between premium and basic HubPro.  It just came out a few days ago.  So calculus - geometry is correct about that.  Don't know how I missed it.  From the explanation of Basic HubPro, I might be able to live with it so long as there are no major changes.   I like to know which ones are being edited so I can check them afterwards.  I make mistakes sometimes and several of my hubber friends have been helpful in letting me know, and I appreciate that very much.  One pair of eyes is seldom enough for proofing an article.

I opted out of HubPro that is now HubPro premium day one, and the place on my profile to opt out seems to be missing.  I still object to other people making any changes beyond miss spellings on my hubs without my permission.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
            Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"I opted out of HubPro that is now HubPro premium day one, and the place on my profile to opt out seems to be missing."
            Au fait, when you are on your profile page click on 'account settings' and scroll down to where you will see the opt out choice for HubPro Premium.

Thank you Phyllis.  I did what you said and the box is still checked 'no' regarding HubPro premium.  Since the HubPro basic isn't supposed to kick in until next month, and the banner was removed from the top of my account page, I think someone must have put it there by mistake.

My thanks to everyone who took time to comment on this issue.

3. Robin profile image87
    Robinposted 8 years ago

Sorry if the notifications were abrupt!  They weren't working how we intended them to, so we removed them and will be adjusting them.  In the near future, you will have a notification if your Hub is being edited.  There will be separate notifications for HubPro Basic and for HubPro Premium. If you've opted out of HubPro Premium, we won't be editing your Hub with this service, however, we may edit your Hub with HubPro Basic.

HubPro Basic's main purpose is to correct grammar, spelling, and remove spam.  Hubbers that already write high-quality Hubs will not likely have many, if any, edits done to their work.  Please see our blog post for more information.  Thanks!  smile

Robin, thank you for helping to clarify.  Like I said, HubPro basic sounds like I can live with it.  I usually check my work over and over again, allowing some cooling off time in between, but our brains do like to trick us when we have been working on something for a while.  There can't be too many eyes proofing an article, and so I hope anyone who finds a technical mistake in my writing will let me know so I can correct it ASAP.

4. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 8 years ago

I opted out of HubPro long ago.  Now that option is missing from my profile page.  I don't mind Basic, but I want to opt out of HubPro.  So now with these changes, how can I opt out of HubPro  (now called  Premium (I think) ?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can still opt out of Hub Pro premium by going to your Profile settings.  You will see that the option for the basic has disappeared and the Premium stands in its place.  When I checked mine, the new version was automatically "opted out", because I also opted out of the old one when it first came out.  Check it anyhow, just in case.

5. paradigm search profile image55
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Yours truly just opted back into HubPro Premium on my main account. I figure they've got all the bugs worked out by now.

6. Robin profile image87
    Robinposted 8 years ago

If you opted out of HubPro in the past, you are still opted out of HubPro Premium.  You don't need to opt out again.  smile

1. mary615 profile image83
      mary615posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Robin.  So does that mean we can NEVER change our minds?  I don't think I would, but you just never know.

1. paradigm search profile image55
        paradigm searchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We can change our minds every 60 days. smile

2. Robin profile image87
        Robinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can definitely change your mind!  smile  You just have to wait 60 days after you have opted out to opt back in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)