HubPro removing eBay / Amazon product ads/links from my hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)
  1. zsobig profile image81
    zsobigposted 7 years ago

Dear Community,

I am looking for some help regarding the issue mentioned above.

I am happy to see that Hub Pros are trying to help me by fixing some issues in my Hubs in the last few weeks/months. But the downside of this is the fact that they not only fix typos (if any), but constantly remove ALL Amazon and eBay capsules from my hubs (meaning I will not earn any income anymore through these links - and with this, these hubs will NOT generate affiliate earnings for me) and they also remove all links to other relevant hubs and sites, although - as far as I know - I am advised to (or at least: I was advised to) use such links to these websites before (like Wikipedia, etc.).

Now I don't know what to do. Honestly, I would re-add the relevant links and product capsules (via Amazon or eBay) to my hubs so I can make sure I will still earn a couple of dollars throughout the year thanks to these - but I am open to any suggestions from Hubbers that are more clever than I am.

The latest capsule that was edited today was the one about orchids (http://hubpages.com/living/tips-on-how- … ds-healthy). You can see there are no links or products advertised on this page anymore (I always added relevant products, and not a lot of these to my hubs, so it's not just simply deleting some of them).

All feedback is appreciated on this matter.

Regards,
    Zsofia

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Try 'Five Essentials to Grow Healthy Orchids' . Or similar. That might work with Amazon.

2. Robin profile image87
    Robinposted 7 years ago

Hi, Zsofia!  I know it can seem confusing, but your orchid Hub wasn't edited in HubPro.  It was snip edited so that it is eligible to move to one of our next niche domains.  I took a look at the snips and I think they make your Hub better.  From what I can tell, you haven't had any sales on the products and the Hub's links weren't necessary.  Most Hubs do not need products.  You still have the ability to earn from ads on the page and unless a product is extremely useful, I would not include it.  I always ask myself, "Would I include this product if I made no money from a sale." If the answer is no, then don't include it.  I think that you will be really happy if your Hub is moved to the new niche domain and the snip will be worth it!  Snipping is a way for us to ensure that all Hubs on the niche domains are free of excessive products and links, and adding back products and links that were snipped could result in the Hub not moving to a new domain.  smile

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Robin, I like your self question of "would I include it...".  It makes a lot of sense. 

But when an ad for a specific dryer cord on a hub about installing that exact cord gets snipped I don't see your algorithm asking itself that question.  When ads for specific brake rotors and pads, for a specific car, in a hub about how to install those items in that car get snipped, I don't think the reader is being considered.  Especially as I've sold some of those, just as I've sold some of the dryer cords.  Somebody is finding them useful, and not just me.  The same thing goes for angle finder instruments on a hub about a project where they are required.  Those, too, have sold in the past but are now snipped.

Truly, the snipping seems almost random or at best looks at how many of those items have been sold and reader convenience is not considered at all.  Not surprising as it would be just a tiny bit difficult to make an AI that could determine if any ad is useful for the reader, but I do think the snipping goes way overboard and needs toned back some.

1. Robin profile image87
        Robinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the feedback, Dan.  We have a few internal metrics that we look at when determining whether or not to snip products; it is not haphazard. In most Hubs that we are snipping, products are not needed and are added for the writer's benefit, not the reader's.  I think in your case, adding one or two of your products back would be fine since you are putting a lot of thought into them.  I would make sure that you have used the product and you are recommending it over another.  I also prefer to see products listed as in-text links rather than in the product capsules.  Hubbers should look at their sales as a guide, but the question I mentioned in the last post is also a good gauge.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand the preference for in text links.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)