I'd like feedback on my Hub: Looking for Birthday Slideshow Video Ideas? Here ar

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Praveen Shrestha profile image60
    Praveen Shresthaposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Looking for Birthday Slideshow Video Ideas? Here are 9 Simple Tips (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

I have a few suggestions:

1. Change the title to "9 Tips for Birthday Slideshow Videos".
      2. Explain what a birthday slideshow video is in one or two sentences. Your intro needs to make clear what you are writing about.
      3. Check for grammar and capitilization issues - for example 'Birthdays' in the first paragraph.
      4. Remove the links. The one to Picovico looks spammy. The Wiki one is unnecessary,
      5. Make sure your photos are legal-to-use and properly accredited with their source - their copyright holder, not where you found them, unless it's a free photo site such as Pixabay. https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use

Hope that helps.

Praveen Shresthaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi theraggededge,

Thanks for taking your time to point these out. Much appreciated. I will definitely try these.

2. India-Nepal profile image61
    India-Nepalposted 7 years ago

Hi Praveen,

Here are some further tips, if you still want to improve your hub:

1. Use descriptive titles under your images, as readers tend to read them first. You can use this as a way to pull readers into reading the rest of your hub.

2. Check your grammar, like "throwing in -a- bunch of pictures - "a" is missing.

3. Properly capitalize the titles - short three-lettered words should be ideally written in lowercase letters whilst others - capitalized.

I hope that helps.

Hi India-Nepal,
      Thanks for your input. But, no matter what I do, I keep getting rejected. I am about to give up on this hub, and try something new.

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Okay, you still haven't added a proper introduction and you've begun the article with 'Now'. It would be better to start with something like this... Birthday slideshow videos are a fun way to liven up any birthday party and to make the recipient feel good. A birthday slideshow comprises of several images spliced together in an appropriate software program. They can be shown on a computer or TV screen.

Then go on to the rest of your content. You don't have to copy the above exactly, but your readers need to know right off what the topic is.

You must add accreditation to your image capsules. Go look at some other hubs and, if the writer has used photos from the web, there should be a 'source' link when you hover your cursor over the photo.

I also think that if you are going to mention one photo-editing site, you should mention others. Like: "Here are my top five recommendations..." No links - readers can Google them.

You don't need to number your suggestions - they are not step by step directions so aren't necessary. Use a separate text capsule for each suggestion. Check their titles too - "Reminiscing the Past' would be better as "Create a Timeline Birthday Slideshow" Then you get your keyword into a sub-heading. 

You have a space in the middle of 'Particular'. That title might be  better as: "Create a Slideshow Story Around their Interests". Do you see how you can make your sub-headings into searchable phrases?

It is "Reminiscing *about* the past".

Get rid of the phrase "Internet is massive"... your readers are well aware of that, so change it to "There are many sites where you can create a birthday slideshow video - my top five recommendations are:..."
        and there's your keyword phrase again.

There's no need to abandon this hub. You can learn a lot of lessons about the process of becoming a published writer so don't give up. In any case, if you don't understand where the problems are, you will end up repeating the mistakes in the next one.

Go back to it!

Hi theraggededge,

Thanks a ton for taking the time to go through the post and writing such detailed feedback. I am forever indebted. smile

I have made the changes you suggested and more. Hoping for a positive response from hubpages.

Just one little thing,
          I downloaded free images and modified them myself so I haven't added credits to them. Not sure if I still need to do anything about that.

so very grateful to you!

3. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 7 years ago

I like your idea. It is great. You did an excellent Hub. I like your organization and presentation. I like it pecause it covers the good taste of different people. The pictures look not too personal which it is good for an office's staff members. Also, it can be good for a private gathering, and you can include a personal touch with the pets an funny pictures with out embarrassing the birthday's person. Thank you for sharing your talent with other writers and readers Mr. Praveen.

HI erorantes,

Thank you so much for this beautiful comment. You've made my day. smile

Unfortunately though, this hub is still not published.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)