Should I do my own niche site or use content site?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Barack James profile image93
    Barack Jamesposted 7 years ago

Hi all hubbers: I intent to start working on a new niche project and not sure whether I should start my own website or open a new account on hubapges specifically for the niche project. I will be using Amazon products but I feel it is somehow difficult on my own website since I don't reside in the US, Canada etc. So my question is, should I go on with my own website despite the difficulty, or should I just open a new account on hubpages and do my stuff. I need an option that has a high potential of generating an impressive income no matter how long it will take. Thanks all.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

There is no difficulty.   There is no bar to you joining Amazon even if you don't reside in America or Canada. 

The only difficulty is that you'll get paid by cheque in US dollars, which is a right royal pain in the neck. 

However I'm surprised you even feel the need to ask the question, since your website and Google+ profile proclaim you as a technology nerd and something of an expert on these matters.

Barack Jamesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Merisa, Thanks for your reply...but what I asked is not technical, all I need to know; which option will maximize income, personal site or HP when using Amazon affiliate products? Am torn between the two choices. Of cause I have done a few sites but their income is from Adsense and not affiliate like Amazon. So frankly, about affiliate site am new..apart from Amazon caps and links I use on Hubpages..

1. makingamark profile image70
        makingamarkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The bonus of using HubPages if you don't live in the USA is that you can get your Amazon income paid to you on a regular basis straight to your bank account - no need to pay in cheques or scope for cheques to disappear in the post!

This is a teeny tiny technical detail that Amazon hasn't quite got to grips with yet! Amazon.com will only pay non-US residents via a $ cheque.

Hence if you use your own Amazon.com Associates account on your own niche website then you need to set the benchmark for payment very high if you want to avoid being knobbled by the currency exchange fee your bank will charge for a $ cheque.

(I've got mine set at $150 and I'm thinking of raising it)

Both sites pay on a monthly basis.

In terms of which is best.....
        * You'll make more money from your own site and own Amazon Associates account - but ONLY if you're generating a LOT of Amazon income and can raise the percentage rate transactions to attract higher income so that the currency exchange fee at your bank becomes incidental
        * if you make a moderate amount of income from your site then Hubpages may well suit you better i.e. no website or domain fees. Mind you, you still have an exchange rate 'fee' to pay. (For me it's via Paypal's less than advantageous rates which are offset by super-convenient arrangements).

Bottom line though - the amount of income you generate is determined by:
        1) your content and
        2) whether your site is Google-compliant (i.e. Google doesn't bury you)
        3) whether you drive traffic to your site - whether that's on HubPages or your own site.

Barack Jamesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot makingamark for your detailed response. I think I will go with HP to make my work easier especially on the part of payment. I have heard a number of people from my country, SA, and Nigeria complaining of not receiving their pay cheques from Google; which is so bad. Thanks once more.

1. justholidays profile image68
            justholidaysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can't you have Google to pay you through Western Union?
            In Tunisia they pay through this means and it's working like a charm smile

2. makingamark profile image70
      makingamarkposted 7 years ago

IGNORE - I've reported it. You can also report if you like - they tend to disappear faster if you do.

To report just click "more" and then "report" and select the reason and add a comment

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)