Bing.com --- Is anyone seeing any traffic?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)
  1. 3bagsfull profile image66
    3bagsfullposted 14 years ago

I was just curious

I don't use bing and don't know who does

Microsoft has spent alot of money on the new site but I don't seem to be getting any hits no matter what the venue

what about you?

1. candice5 profile image59
      candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I use Bing, and am very happy with it It is fast, well set out, and I am sure given time it will be the Main search engine, well that is until the next Big one comes along. Oh and Traffic is also Good.also improving Daily.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I've been seeing Bing.com traffic since about three days after it went live.  And it's slowly increasing.  Not only that but doing some key phrase searches showed some of my hubs have good standings in their ranks.

3. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

According to my stats I've had 151 views from Bing....compared to 20,000+ from Google. I personally don't find that search engine very useful and don't use it either. Obviously some people do, but I think it's people like my mom who claim "My new computer with Vista makes me use Bing!" (She doesn't understand how you can change the default search lol)

4. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Bing doesn't even come up in my search results, hmmm?

I did type in a few of my hubs & they don't come up in Bing at all.

5. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

sometimes they have good images...

6. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I just found this neat article : http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/24/ar … gle-users/

And, I agree with the author...after I read this I went to Google Analytics. Sure enough, my eCPM from Bing is double that of Google's and about 35% higher than Yahoo traffic....now, if I only I could get more Bing traffic! big_smile Even though the eCPM is really high, I've only had about 150 views since inception, so it has the potential to earn...I just need to get the traffic.

I once read somewhere that older people tend to click on ads more, and I'm wondering if Bing has an older group of users, like my mom, who can't figure out how to change her default engine.

7. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I got enough hits from bing, the first day it was out, for it to show up in my statistics.  I have used it a bit, and think it works well.

8. profile image50
    axedbydaxposted 14 years ago

I am getting good traffic from Bing. There's one time when I got around 34k traffic from them in one day and my stats really shoot up. Now I am trying to duplicate that.

9. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

My site gets more traffic from Bing than it gets from Google. Yes people use Bing. In fact the ones who used MSN now use Bing. BTW when you search something on MSN it automatically redirects you to Bing.

1. lrohner profile image67
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amazing. If I had to venture all of my websites and blogs and Hubs, I would have to say that Bing is less than 5% of my traffic. Google is #1, other referring sites are #2, Yahoo #3 and so forth.

I have noticed, though, that there are very, very different search results between Bing and Google. I know what Google is looking for (aka backlinks and quality content), but have no idea what Bing values.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This site I am talking about don't get any traffic at all from Google.  But Bing and Yahoo send enough traffic to pay my bills off.

Congrats! Whatever works, I am SO into it. It just doesn't work for me! Do you have a handle on what's driving it? If so, please share!

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
            Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't really know. Just optimized my site in general according to the laws of SEO. And every single search engine ranks me high in their SERPS other than Google which has penalized me without any reason at all. You can read my hubs about penalties, backlinks and SEO.

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

For the past 30 days I've had 55 bing visitors compared to 6924 from Google, 1410 from Yahoo, and 2402 more from assorted intenational googles like google.co.uk etc.

Keywords are similar to google and yahoo.

11. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I've had a few hits from Bing, not many.  Some of my pages come up there now, which is is very recent--at first none were showing whatsoever.

As for usage, I go there on and "only if" basis--i.e., can't find what I want in Google or Yahoo.  Sometimes just the fact that they produce different results has helped.  A little. 

At first they were clearly fast-fast-faster in returning results (on my slow Hughes Internet satellite system) than Google, but Google must have been lying in the weeds just waiting for that.  Within weeks, Google was snapping out results in virtually identical time. 

So I pretty much went back to (a) Google, (yawn-b) Yahoo, and then (c-oh fooey, must I?) Bing, in that order.

LOL! Like all of the trends reports say, instead of having TWO sites in distant 2nd, the only diff is that they now have ONE site in distant second.

12. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I have had 124 visitors from Bing and it seems to be growing daily !

13. embitca profile image86
    embitcaposted 14 years ago

For the last 30 days, my hubs have had 36K hits from Google, nearly 10K from Yahoo and a little over 2.5K from Bing. I think it is sending me more traffic than MSN did, but to be honest I never paid that much attention. I will take whatever traffic search engines want to send me smile

Funny thing is, I have yet to even look at Bing. I suppose I should type it into the address bar and have a looksy!

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, that's some impressive google traffic!

14. N.Q profile image61
    N.Qposted 14 years ago

Yes I am getting some traffic from bing on my blog. It is not huge but decent.Hope to get more soon.

15. Epic Fail Guy profile image61
    Epic Fail Guyposted 14 years ago

I am about to ruin this thread.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)