Are many American reasonable about guns and terrorism?.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

I was told by a few gun fans that hammers kill more people than guns. Personally I could not beat a man into a hamburger. Or Hamburger hill would be grossly rewritten. If someone challenge you to death duel,  would your choice weapon be a hammer or a gun?
    I rest my case.

Trump speeches is Mr. Hyde.National security begins with border security.
    I love the Muslim & Mexicans and China I love all the time.
    Then Dr. Jackal comes outs with Tourette syndrome & Mussolini body impressions. Mexican will pay for a wall, design by me. All 32" latters, planes and Illegal Alien flying over Arizona will be stopped.

Trump to Islam... Reading between the lines.()
    Radical Islamic are determined to strike all nations. Share our aim to stamp out extremism.  Those" Evil losers . We want to provide children a hopeful future that does honor to God. We are not to tell you how to worship. Instead, we offer partnership. (Don't stop the, KKK just the jihadist.) Drive Muslim radical out of places of worship, out of your communities, out of your Holy Land and out of this earth & most, the hell out of our country. Muslim leaders denounce these murders, these terrorists. Every time a terrorist murders it falsely invokes the name of God, insult every faith. Terrorism has spread across the world.Were looking for women terrorists & accomplices, disarm them & get them out of that movement.  We can only overcome this evil if are good, united, strong. (he is a Presbyterian. Not a Christian according to the pope,  he is catholic ha ha.)
    Peace begins right here on ancient soil & sacred land. We Battle barbaric criminals seeking to obliterate human life, for decent religions protection.  I claim to be Our battle is between good and evil.

China Global warming is a hoax. (When you can't see the sun on a sunny day in China. Fossil energy is no hoax.)

My comments... What kills people more than terrorist attacks? Let see -Asteroid strike, Sharks, Arm toddlers, Bathtubs, and Pigs. Pigs is a bonus, we can slaughter them back, eat em and no animal get harmed in that war. Your own furniture kills more than terrorist. Better invade Sweden over that IKEA crap. Your 260 times more likely to be killed by lighting than by a terrorist. CRACK BOOOSHH HERE TRILLIONS of $ , now make the lighting go away. Your 7 million times more likely to be kill by cancer or heart disease than by terrorist. Save yourself don’t give in to fear and hypocrites.

Why Americans fear another 9/11 & beheadings more so than fossil energy or guns?. Muslim beheading in North America has not happened. Should Trump stop the nonsensical fear mongering?. Saudi made a 350 billion $ military deal with Trump, you can exploded a lot of heads off bodies considering Saudis behead more than ISIS. That is OK with Trump as long as authority killing public is greater than the public killing the public. Same story for the last century along with killing most of our wildlife, big trees and fish. 

Who is more over the top, me or Trump?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Doubt that the hammer tale is anything more than a tale.  On the other hand, more people ARE bludgeoned to death (hammer, baseball bat, fist or foot, etc.) each year in the US than shot with all long guns combined...including those fearsome "assault weapons" that so many pretend are the cause of our high murder rate.

"What kills people more than terrorist attacks?"

Wrong question.  How about "What kills people more than terrorist attacks?" if we didn't spend large amounts of effort and money to stop them before they can kill.  But to answer your question as stated: Terrorists have killed more people, in just the US, this century than "Asteroid strike, Sharks, Arm toddlers, Bathtubs, and Pigs" all combined. 

"Why Americans fear another 9/11 & beheadings more so than fossil energy or guns?"

Possibly because both fossil fuels and guns are inanimate objects that can do no harm at all without a human being to wield them.  Whereas terrorists ARE the human beings doing the wielding.

Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Let's just forget about the 100s of ways on how an American can die greater than by Muslim terrorist.  Even more US white terrorist kill American more than Muslims do.  There is never enough money for Government corruption over Terrorist attack on the American nation. Not enough money Victim of terrorism vs Gun control or fossil energy.  No clear evidence Orlando attack ‘directed’ from abroad: For the vast majority of DEATH from terrorist attacks was from 9/11. Now to believed by most American was an inside job.

Let's stick to guns and fossil energy many Americans holds dear.  They rather fight than switch like those Tobacco ads.

Rolling stones
        There more than 316,000 firearm deaths between 2004 and 2013, compared to 313 terrorism deaths

Wastington post
        Deaths from firearms in the United States were 406,496 from 2001 to 2013, against 3,380 deaths in America and of Americans abroad in acts of terror. The State Department statistics suggest the number of US citizens killed abroad in terrorist attacks were 350 from 2001 to 2013. The Washington Post found 3,030 residents killed in domestic acts of terrorism during 2001 to 2013.
        Since 2014, there have been far fewer American fatalities in acts of terror abroad while the killings in gun violence have spiked exponentially.

Gun Murders vs. Terrorism by the Numbers  By Juan Cole, Informed Comment 
        Cost of the War on Terror since 9/11: $5 trillion
        THE BIG PICTURE – over 6 billion global warming deaths this century. Top UK climate scientist Professor James Lovelock FRS (the Gaia Hypothesis) has estimated that over 6 billion people will perish this century due to inadequately addressed global warming from greenhouse gas pollution

Chomsky global-warming-and-the-future-of-humanity
        And threats are now mounting, particularly at the Russian border, ... If nuclear warfare is believed to be somewhat controlled, then climate change is now the greatest threat. ... The euphoric reports on US fossil fuel production, energy  As for geoengineering, there have been serious

Are you under the misconception that guns kill without a finger pulling the trigger?  That an inanimate piece of steel is responsible for the bullet the shooter sent on the way? 

Because it sure sounds like it!  Just as it sounds like you have defined "terrorism" to be any killing of another person.  It isn't, any more than a gun lying on the table can jump up and kill someone.

Why would I get that idea when the only purpose of a gun is to kill people and animals and any fool can pull a trigger..

With a hammer, knife and fork have a few other purposes, to kill someone with these tools would take extremley trained skills from a ninja .

"Why would I get that idea when the only purpose of a gun is to kill people and animals and any fool can pull a trigger.. "

Perhaps you should revisit gradeschool biology: inanimate (unliving) objects can make no decisions and cannot be responsible for anything at all.  (Ever meet a gun collector?  A target shooter?  Ever watch the Olympic biathlon?)

"With a hammer, knife and fork have a few other purposes, to kill someone with these tools would take extremley trained skills from a ninja."

LOL  Which explains why more people are murdered with hands and feet than shot with long guns.  Because it takes extreme ninja skills to do so!  lol

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Firearms killed 32,251 people in the United States in 2011
                Hands, fists and feet killed 728 in 2011
                That was a long shot wilderness.

It compares the number of Americans killed by guns between 2001 and 2013 to the number of Americans killed by war, AIDS, illegal drug overdoses, and terrorism combined during the same time period. It turns out that guns killed more Americans than all of those horrors put together:
                2017 Vox Media, Inc.

Do I think guns is a sport? As long as you eat it.
                If you want to eat that many humans, that is seriously SICKO.

Then the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is wrong, for firearms killed not a single person.  People using a tool did, and it is reflected by who/what is charged with a crime in the courthouse.

No, Castle, you don't get to change "hands a feet killed more people than long guns did into something else.  Either accept it as true or show that it isn't, but don't twist and spin into something never said.

I use my heart, mind and hands to create life. These tools are designed for happiness and to minimize suffering.

A gun main proven design tool is to force your will, suffer and to kill. The world is held slavery at gun point and big missiles holds the world into poverty.  Guns have no useful or productive or intelligent purpose what so ever. I can even find better and less suffering ways of suicide than the use of guns, where the gun have been most directed kills.

I was relating long gun or rifles as to a sport in which I only partly approve. When most of our wildlife is dead in the last 50 years. Where guns, fossil energy and destruction of habitation is most responsible. Don't be telling next these nukes are good for us when the rain turns into acid and fire.

2. Nathanville profile image94
                    Nathanvilleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness, it’s a rather dumb statement to say “firearms killed not a single person” when you know perfectly well that tens of thousands of Americans are killed each year by the use of guns e.g. Americans using guns to kill Americans.

And Castlepaloma is correct, the highest percentage of homicides in America is by far caused from the use of guns than by all other methods of killing people:-

According to the FBI, not only did the total percentage of all homicides in the USA in 2015 increase by 10.8% from homicides in 2014, but over two thirds of those homicides (67.9%) were caused by the use of firearms.  And In 2015 71.5% of all homicides in America were caused by the use of firearms.

So yes, Americans do use guns more than any other means to kill other Americans; the facts are quite clear, even if you choose to ignore them.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

If I was president ( don't know why) My main job is to protect my people.
    For a guess estimate my first call would be for healthier food and natural environment
    Because there is 7 million times likely to be killed by cancer or heart diseases than to be killed by a terrorist.
    After I get through my list of 100s of things that kill you more than terrorist.
    I might get to 250 on the list more dangerous thing than terrorist. Armed Toddlers.
    Who will take a arm toddlers running with scissors more seriously? Than a Muslim arm with a strapped bomb on and a machete to behead you. Trump knows how to sell American BS to Mushrooms

3. Castlepaloma profile image75

I don't know how much gun owners love themselves. I know I love myself more than anyone in this world. It's 50% about me and 50% about everyone else. I think stupidity is the leading case of death. Love makes most good sense and base my life on it.

Harvard Injury Control Research“If every life is important, and if you’re trying to save people from dying by gunfire, then you can’t ignore nearly two-thirds of the people who are dying.” Suicide is the 10th-leading cause of death in the U.S.; in 2010, 38,364 people killed themselves. In more than half of these cases, they used firearms. Indeed, more people in this country kill themselves with guns than with all other intentional means combined, including hanging, poisoning or overdose, jumping, or cutting. In Canada 80% of suicides are guns. Though guns are not the most common method by which people attempt suicide, they are the most lethal. About 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm end in death. (Drug overdose, is fatal in less than 3 percent of cases.) Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis. Suicidal individuals with a firearm, once the trigger is pulled, there’s no turning back.

Suicide among males is four times higher than among females. In adults, separation or divorce raises the risk of suicide attempts.

Gun owners and their families are much more likely to kill themselves than are non-gun-owners.

Don't you think it would be wiser to attack the underlying cause of suicide instead of pretending that if a specific tool isn't available it won't happen at all?

And of course there is the minor matter that depriving people of their rights because .0001% of them will attempt suicide or have a foolish accident.

Approximately 0.5% to 1.4% of people die by suicide, about 12 per 100,000 persons per year. Three quarters of suicides globally occur in the developing world.Rates of completed suicides are generally higher in men than in women, ranging from 1.5 times as much in the developing world to 3.5 times in the developed world.

I know of suicide in about every family tree I have met. Where of murder is less common. From friends who have been on aid of suicide phone line, call ins. They say that 9 times out of ten times, the victim is looking for someone to love them. When your surround by multi media and entertainment of fear and killings everyday. When most are having everyday life financial struggle just to pay basic needs and don''t like their jobs then poverty in general kills most.  There is enough cause to bring down the greedy bankers. Otherwise carry on killing yourselves faster. Because according to my stats, for the first time in modern history man is shorting their life span, of course they are going to lie about that one too.

"There is enough cause to bring down the greedy bankers."

Is this supposed to be justification for denying rights because .0001% of gun owners in the US may attempt suicide?  If so, I'm having a hard time following the reasoning.  For either that or any of the other statements.

Don't know where your getting your stats from.

Suicide and Self-Inflicted Injury
            Data are for the U.S.Emergency department visits Number of emergency department visits for self-inflicted injury: 383,000
            Source: National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2013 Emergency Department Summary Tables. Table 16
            Mortality

All suicides
            Number of deaths: 42,826
            Deaths per 100,000 population: 13.4
            Cause of death rank: 10
            Firearm suicides
            Number of deaths: 21,386
            Deaths per 100,000 populations 6.5

What is by far is the greatest killer of them all is poverty. What the greatest fear to control the masses? Fear of free speech, guns, nuclear weapons and banks controlling your mortgage and national debt and world centro banking. Who cares who sets the laws, as long as bankers control finances and money supply they control Governments, countries you and me. Only the people can over throw the Government and greedy corperations. It is 80% of the consciousness of the people that has been the true leaders of positive change throughout mankind.

For now, it can only get worst, unless the abuse is too great upon the people, don't want to be there from what I have envisioned to happen.

From you.  And a reasonable estimate of the number of gun owners in the US (about half of the 325 M people). 

38,000/175,000,000 is about .0002%.  Divided by 2 because, according to you, about half of suicides use a gun; that leaves approx .0001% of gun owners that will suicide with their gun.

But guns don't scare the "masses"; only liberals that have swallowed whole the propaganda and aren't smart enough to question and investigate are afraid of a gun.

You know I am not for Federal Government on both wings of the same bird. My only concern is for humanity as we are bio organism first.

Trumps greatest mistake is turning his back to almost every country in the World. He has crippled the natural environment alternative energy replace for the greed of fossil energy.

For the Rothschild and Rockefellers that took Trump under their wing are having third thoughts about him.

About 150 countries with US Corp military bases are getting sick and tired of being policed by gunpoint into slaves wages, drugs production and oil where I have discovered on World travels.  Trump won't help their secret game, only expose it greater evils with Trump jackal side and Tourette syndrome.

The third wave game is up, the banker bad guys are on the run.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)