promoting your hubs on blogs

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

There is a lot of talk about keyword selection, but looking into it, it seems keywords are only the 10th important thing on Google's list when it comes to ranking a page. Backlinks from quality (relevant+viewd) sites are much more important.

How much time to you spend a week reading and commenting on blogs to promote your hubs?

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Key words might be 10th on the list for google but as a publisher, if you aren't using good keywords, it will be much harder for you to get your hubs viewed through sources outside of hubpages.

Backlinking is really important, promoting hubpages (to me anyway) is important too, so I keep most of my link inside hubpages.  I will link to other hubbers with or without a backlink. 

One of my hubs got its own permotion and I did not do a keyword serach, one of my hubs I did a key word search on and it has made me money since the day I published it and it it ened up on the first page of google in a market that has a lot of competition.

Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's important to start with keywords, of course. I was just wondering how many people are doing more than that.

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I know that the one that makes me money was something that I went out and physically investigated for myself. wink

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I use my own blogs to promote my hubs. I don't link to my hubs from other peoples blogs when I make comments.

I am starting to contact other website owners to see if they'll swap links from my hub to their site and back. As long as I only do one link on a hub and only one link to each site, I think it will work.

3. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

On occasion an hour or two. Usually very little.

And I'm with you on the backlinks - to a lesser degree. I have some articles that are ranked (not for high ppc keywords) but they are 'sensible' articles and I honestly don't know how or why they're ranked as they are. Can't say that I backlinked them.

I think it's a combination Haunty. But whether it's 50/50 split or 70/30 or whatever, I don't know.

Some of it's just plain luck IMO.

Maybe Google already has a more intelligent algorithm than we know. I know that the most important thing is good content. And that the traffic you get from within hp is not in any correlation with the worth of the actual hub. I think that your serious hubs will rank high and have visibility.

Nelle - I think it's a good decision contacting them. You'll see it helps a lot, I'm sure. Just don't get discouraged at a rejection, because many people out there believe that writing reviews to sell things you don't really know is dishonest.

4. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I've been considering it.  Some say it is really worth while.  I figure, when I do, I'll choose one hub to experiment with and see what kind of difference it makes.

I think it is. Do it and I hope you will see some results.

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm actually on with it now. To see what - if anything - happens.

I thought it would be hard work but whilst it's definitely time consuming, I'm rather enjoying myself. And all completely anonymous, which I love even more.

I have a good feeling about this. smile

1. frogdropping profile image76
            frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So do I. But I'm only at the foundation stage. I'd rather ease myslf into dropping links and play cricket the right way than drop kick myself through the goal posts.

Kind of changes the ball game - and hopefully brings a better reward smile

You've chosen a good approach then. smile
              Say, have you ever considered applying for a blogging job with some site?

Because we both know (and pretty much everybody around here) that you have such an original style that... honestly I think you could add so much to a hip blog like luxist or whatever.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)