Is Fedor afraid to fight in the UFC?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. wsxzaqq1 profile image60
    wsxzaqq1posted 14 years ago

Is Fedor afraid to fight in the UFC?

Is Fedor afraid to fight in the UFC. It seems he has been avoiding signing with the UFC for some time now. The UFC has some of the best talent right now. I think Fedor should suck it up and prove he is the great fighter so many people think he is.

2. warchild75 profile image61
    warchild75posted 14 years ago

Not sure my friend, in one sense yes as he constantly ducks there attempts to sign him but on the other hand he has beaten 6 ex ufc champs so whats there to be scared of.Personally as long as he is with m1 global promotions he will never join the ufc.

3. wsxzaqq1 profile image60
    wsxzaqq1posted 14 years ago

It's jut so disappointing when everyone thinks he's going to fight in the ufc and he throws away the opportunity. If he's not signing because of personal issues with the ufc that's fine, but in my opinion he should do it for the fans before hes to old to compete at the same level. If Tito can get pass the personal issues why can't Fedor? Just do it for the fans thats my opinion.

4. jjritonya profile image61
    jjritonyaposted 14 years ago

I don't think he's afraid to fight in the UFC. I think he can make decent money and have easier fights elsewhere. While the money would be much better in the UFC, the fights would be much harder. Brock Lesnar, Heath Herring, Frank Mir and Cheick Kongo are monsters.

5. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

I think he is afraid. Perhaps he isn't so much afraid of the competition as he is saving his reputation. Take for example Mirko Cro Cop. He completely dominated PrideFC most of the span of his career. Since coming to the UFC he hasn't been so impressive. Now it's anyone's guess as to whether Cro Cop is facing tougher competition or if he's just washed up. But the facts are the facts. His name has lost value since changing promotions because his fights have been less than appealing. Heath Herring also had a rough time finding his feet in the UFC. It took some time for him to adjust. I think Fedor is smart enough to see this happening to other fighters and simply wants to keep his reputation as an amazing fighter elsewhere. I do wish to see him there but I don't think it will ever happen.

6. RWC149 profile image44
    RWC149posted 14 years ago

Fedors great yes, but he wouldnt be 32-1 had he stepped in Octagon. Had he fought the same guys Couture has they would be similair in records. The tough fights are there for him to take, but for some reason hes content beating the Rogers of the world. Step up and take on an elite guy and if you (fedor) win then I wont mind calling you the greatest fighter in the world or ever. But until that day comes i demand that Strikeforce stop promoting him as the greatest fighter ever.

7. Oldskool903 profile image61
    Oldskool903posted 14 years ago

O defffff, I think Fedor is afraid to fight in the UFC because its composed of the toughest guys in the world fighting like animals. ITS INSANE

8. J-Ramirez profile image60
    J-Ramirezposted 14 years ago

As long as Fedor is with Strikeforce, he will not be signing any contracts to take on competition in the UFC. This is like asking a Greek God to step off Mount Olympus and risk losing his immortal status. Fedor has fame, money, and the number one ranking in the world, he is not going to risk all this in an attempt to "prove" something.
    Perhaps it IS due to fear. Perhaps after the fight with Brett Rogers he's starting to doubt his abilities. Afterall, had it not been for the puncher's chance which allowed him to beat Rogers, there was always the possibility of him losing that fight. Yes, he knocked him out beautifully, but until that moment it is not like he had been dominating the fight. Perhaps Fedor is affraid of fighting someone of Brock Lesnar's size and caliber. Or it may just be that he is simply too smart to risk all he's earned up to now.
    Fact is, I don't see it ever happening... And if by chance it ever does, you will see a God lose his immortality.

9. Robert Bergin profile image60
    Robert Berginposted 14 years ago

Clearly, only he can know whether he's afraid or not - but it seems odd that a legend of the sport should be comfortable disappointing the fans. I've never spoken to anyone who knows anything about MMA who doesn't want to see him in the UFC, whether to stay or not.

Whether you are a Fedor fan or not, whether you believe that Strikeforce and other formats represent genuine competition for the UFC or not, it doesn't matter. All the questions would be answered if he appeared in the UFC. If the issue is preference for other formats/organisations, he could always go back afterwards. If he was successful in the UFC, he could even trade on that to massively boost the credibility of these other organisations.

I think that one thing to note about the (very good) point by warchild75 that he has defeated ex-UFC champions is that there is a HUGE difference between fighting a reigning champion and fighting a former champion, in ANY combat sport. The ranks of MMA, boxing etc have always been filled with athletes who have defeated former champions, but will never hold a title themselves, for many reasons.

Would Couture or any other great champion who lives for the competition pass up the opportunity to prove himself in this way? I think the answer is clearly no, which makes the Fedor situation puzzling.

10. profile image49
    bettsd44posted 13 years ago

I don't think he's afraid, but he's in no hurry to come over to the UFC.
    He would definately not be 32-0 in the octogon, that is for sure.
    The strike force guys he fights are seasoned and can spot a weakness in them a mile away.
    Come fight in the UFC, and he would probably lose more than he would win. Anderson Silva vs. Fedor, would be the most watched I think of all.

11. anonymous79 profile image61
    anonymous79posted 13 years ago

I think so. He's king over there. If he comes to the UFC he will just end up beaten down looking like another has been.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)